• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him?

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him

• Yes, I am a fan of the Doc and would still support

• No, though I am a fan of the Doc, I cannot continue to support him

• Yes, not really a fan of the Doc, but I think he is being treated unfairly

• No, not really a fan of the Doc and I cannot support this.

• Maybe, but only if (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Now that the dust has settled a bit, I'd like to gauge what GAF thinks about Dr. Disrespect and how they would feel about the return the Doc has alluded to in his most recent X/Twitter post.

Just to put my two cents in, I am a fan of the Doc and the only way I can support him moving forward is if it had been determined that he didn't know he was texting a minor. That knowledge to me speaks to his character. I believe him when he says he's not a pedophile, however he is not really explaining his position well. While I think his statement was guided by counsel, I think there were still things he either couldn't say or maybe even forgot to say during his apology/rant post on social media.

But I'm curious as to how others think.

Feel free to comment, but I've declined to display votes publicly and participants cannot view results prior to voting themselves. I do this to prevent social conformism and to hopefully get the most honest answers.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No, I explained in the OP that to avoid Social conformism, I have hidden the public vote. It's the most empirically sound method.

You wrote:

Feel free to comment, but I've declined to display votes publicly and participants cannot view votes prior to voting themselves.

But that's not exactly possible, you cannot see other people's votes once you've voted. If you want to enable it, you have to do it for everyone.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Never been a fan of any streamer. Support them?

Animated GIF

He's a fucking idiot. I don't have sympathy for him because he knows the time and world we live in. If its a 17 year old, again he's insanely stupid to sext or whatever he did. But am I the only person who is put off by people who call 17 year olds "children" and call people a paedophile over it? I'm not being funny but there are 17 year olds more physically mature than some 28 year old women. On top of that I was no more mature at 17 than I was at 20. Also there are plenty of 17 year olds who were way more sexually experienced and mature than I was at 21. I'm not making excuses and I have no sympathy. But calling people a paedophile for shit like that doesn't make sense and I think it's unhealthy discourse. Call him a creep and a deviant, but the infantilisation of young adults in society these days is completely fucked up. They are a child but can drive a car?

I am not a minor to watch some streamer, its the lowest of low when it comes to entertainment...

Sorry but I've watched some streams with more artistic value, wit and innovation than most of the slop people watch like marvel/star wars tv shows that get churned out every month. Literally most of the shit you will see on normal TV is worse than what decent streamers do.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
'can you now, or did you ever, respect dr. disrespect?...'
Just speaking for myself, but I've always enjoyed Dr. Disrespect's streams. Not defending him in any way, but I've had respect for what he does, the effort he puts in as an entertainer. Compared to other streamers I feel like he separates himself, pretty obviously.

If streaming or streamers in general are not your thing, then that's understandable

nikos

Big fan of the Doc but I need concrete details of what happened, which is also why I haven't been posting in the main thread. I don't like speculating, especially when somebody's life is on the line.

I don't think he's a pedo or a "diddler," or whatever bullshit people like to spew without knowing facts, but he fucked up. The degree of the fuckup is what will matter.

Hrk69

Gold Member
He was one of the most entertaining streamers on Twitch imo. I tuned in regularly at the time

Never watched his YouTube streams though and probably never will

Jigsaah

Gold Member
You wish lol. Dude's in for a long summer.
Yea but I'd argue most of the initial reactions have been had and people can kinda think without having a kneejerk reaction. That's how I approached it as a fan.

I watched some analyses from Hoeg's Law and other's and it kinda put some things in perspective. Obviously, I'm more open to suggestion because I am a fan, admittedly.

People who aren't fans of Doc are likely to not be swayed by anything but what's at face value. He texted a minor...end of story.

feynoob

The amount of Stans this dude has in the other thread is insane to me

He literally plays multiplayer shooters and acts like a troll in character, but half the people in the other thread act like he's on some great crusade to change lives
Rich and famous dude. People think he is perfect and can't do no wrong.

If he cheats his wife infront of them, they will ignore him.

night13x

So I voted for the "maybe" side - but currently in the NO side. Let me explain. The (still somewhat unproven) evidence is starting to become very apparent and adding up against doc. That is why I am now leaning NO. However, if the cards get laid out on the table and the situation changes, then it may change my stance. I am a BIG fan of innocent before proven guilty (aka I dont participate in mob mentality / hive mind) as I am capable to make my own decisions unlike a lot of people these days on social media, forums, etc. I am still interested to see what comes out next...and I have a feeling a LOT more is going to be coming out.

Side note - let's set the DOC thing aside for a second. Shouldnt there be more discussion on the now apparent situation where companies like twitch are obviously hiding A LOT of bad skeletons in the closet? I feel like the doc thing is pretty "minor" compared to what twitch is really hiding behind the scenes. Let alone the old man behind twitch is a creap himself. Possibly even creapier than doc.

His image is tarnished , his reputation is fucked, and his behavior has landed him into some serious shit. he’s cooked, there is no coming back from this. even he was to, he’ll be thrown into a dark YouTube pit along side EDP, Cyraxx and other creepos.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
No, twitch (or youtube streaming in this case) was fun from the justin tv days to the PUBG days. It hasn’t been fun for me to watch other people play videogames since the novelty of live speedruns & battle royale streams wore off. As for hottub streams, youtube and instagram have waaaay better softcore stuff at this point if you just wanna choke the chicken.

Even when it comes to evo I kind of just dont give a shit. I’d rather just play the game myself. If I’m watching videogame content on youtube it has to be some kind of deep analysis or highly edited lets play to interest me :)

Dutchy

This guy is a blight on society and an incredibly bad figure for young gamers (his target adience) to look up to. The fact that there's grown ass people looking up to this racist, unfaithful and misogynistic motherfucker is bizarre. edit: oops i forgot pedophilic

OP reminds me of this:
GRHE5UiXAAAGNx-

Last edited:

unclbenn

Watching him play "only up" was some of the best YouTube I've watched in a while but other than that I have no interest watching him play other games.

peek

Neo Member
Depends how he comes back. Someone suggested that he comes back as...

Doctor RESPECT, and plays into an opposite character that trims the stash, loses the hair, etc. Talks about respecting women yada, yada.

Just might as well play into it anyway, better than just trying to ignore it heh.

Top Bottom