• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him?

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him

• Yes, I am a fan of the Doc and would still support

• No, though I am a fan of the Doc, I cannot continue to support him

• Yes, not really a fan of the Doc, but I think he is being treated unfairly

• No, not really a fan of the Doc and I cannot support this.

• Maybe, but only if (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Topher

Gold Member
I find these results so far are incredibly revealing. That was the point.

Takeaways so far are:

1. Vast majority of folks here don't follow Dr. Disrespect, or streamers in general. Most say they don't care, or basically immediately trounce Dr. Disrespect for this.

Not sure who was "immediately" trouncing DrD for this. I know many of us were discussing his first response just in saying how awkward it was. His second tweet said flatly that he didn't do anything wrong. Then all hell broke loose with his third tweet where he flatout confirmed the allegation made by the former Twitch employee. That's really when the "trouncing" began.

It's been quite the ride the last few days following this drama.

Topher

Gold Member
This.
Why is there even a debate about this? Can’t we stop disagreeing for once and try to be somewhat normal here?
It’s not a 70yo hooking up with a 50yo. It’s a 38yo sending sleasy messages to a 17yo… or younger apparently, the age is not known.

I don't think the specific age is as important as the fact that DrD (supposedly) knew the person was a minor. But yeah.....he's old enough to know better.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm watching "Brats", the Brat Pack 'documentary' on Hulu and seeing Rob Lowe reminds me of his SEX TAPE with a 16 yo when he was 24. He recovered from that, as have many others, so clearly there is "forgiveness" path, if you want to call it that, for these celeb types. Does a youtuber or whatever get that grace? Can he just pop up somewhere else, do the same thing, and get an audience again? Does he go into the doghouse for a few years, let this get memoryholed for a bit, blame alcohol, 'mental health', yadda yadda, and then come back?

If all he did was sext, never received actual pics of a nude underaged girl (versus pics of some other man/woman or AI generated), never sent lewd pics to an actual underaged girl, and never tried to actually meet with her/him, not sure there is a law he broke (distributing obscene material to a minor perhaps?). Obviously his wife is probably gonna clean him out a bit, if only to shelter some of his assets from any civil suit, but ultimately I guess it's up to his audience whether they continue to patronize him and the diligence of advertisers to refuse to market through him.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Living by laws is a baseline. But there are plenty of actions that are legal but not ethical.
Dont care... the law is the law.. ethical is subject to every person.. maybe you do something I dont consider ethical this dosent give me the right to call you a criminal ... but if everyone chooses not to watch ever again him is his fault and his problem for doing it whatever he did do ... but theres is a difference between not watching his chanel anymore and calling him a pedophile without absolutely no prove whatsoever. Remember that you never know when the court of public opinion will turn against you for whatever reason they feel like.

Anyway im out of this topic ... not here to discuss personal life and affairs of rich celebrities...specially a dumbass like him .... dont care and never will... peace

Last edited:

Bojji

Gold Member
He's not a politician so I doubt his career will be killed by this.

Most of his audience probably don't give a fuck about his moral compass. Many degenerates on social media have millions followers.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Dont care... the law is the law.. ethical is subject to every person.. maybe you do something I dont consider ethical this dosent give me the right to call you a criminal ... but if everyone chooses not to watch ever again him is his fault and his problem for doing it whatever he did do ... but theres is a difference between not watching his chanel anymore and calling him a pedophile without absolutely no prove whatsoever. Remember that you never know when the court of public opinion will turn against you for whatever reason they feel like.

Anyway im out of this topic ... not here to discuss personal life and affairs of rich celebrities...specially a dumbass like him .... dont care and never will... peace

You're talking like he said something nasty about Star Wars.

He actively and deliberately sent repeated sexually explicit messages to a minor. He is a married man with children.

All you do when you say things like 'the law is the law and that's all that matters' is that you condone that kind of behaviour... and what kind of person does that make you?

That might be something everyone who's leaping to this dickhead's defence should think about.

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University

You don’t want to use the law is the law when talking about guiding principles and moral. The fabric of society and cohesion breaks very easy when things like this are passed over and looked at like it isn’t a big deal.

I’ve seen barbaric shit in Iraq and Afghanistan. The law allows women to be stoned to death for simply speaking out for freedoms, is that ok because of the law? They can honor kill women and children, that ok? What about raping young boys in Iraq? It is everywhere and they see it as no big deal, that ok? There own God married a six year old and had sex with her at nine, is that ok because the law of Mohammed?

Brother, you have fucking issues that you need help with. There are plenty of laws around the world that are not morally correct and I could go on and on about different countries like Thailand where I so an old white guy in his fifties with a 10 Thai child because around 10 to 12 the government looks the other way for child prostitution.

At this point, shut up and sit down. Maybe educate yourself. I’m done with this disgusting crap.

Last edited:

SenkiDala

How can even people be "fans" of a streamer is beyond me... I mean the dude is just sitting and playing his game, just like you are... Why would I even care ?

There must be a police investigation and if he didn't make sure the girl wasn't minor, then he should perish in jail.

Sojiro

I used to watch him a good bit, back when he regularly played PUBG and while I enjoyed his show, I stopped watching as he moved on to different games. So I was a fan at one point. At first I was in a wait and see until we learn if he knew the person was a minor, but after it was stated he knew the person was a minor, that's crossing the line. Even if I was still watching his streams that would be the point in which I packed up and never looked back. Hoping the best for his daughter and wife, what a shitty situation for those two to be in.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
How can even people be "fans" of a streamer is beyond me... I mean the dude is just sitting and playing his game, just like you are... Why would I even care ?

There must be a police investigation and if he didn't make sure the girl wasn't minor, then he should perish in jail.
Several things:
-He puts out a high production value stream with use of green screen that most creators do not. He can be funny, and entertaining. It’s not just him sitting there playing.
-We don’t know if it was a girl or a boy
-He knew it was a minor and continued anyway
-This was all settled already between twitch and him. Unsure of the minor family or not. But as far as the legal side of things it’s over and done for with him not charged with anything illegally done.

simpatico

Here's the deal regarding "the difference between 17 and 10 months and 18 years old". We live in a society. We have rules. When it comes to sex, we all got together and decided to draw the line at 18. Just to remove any grey area. Is there a big difference between 17.10 and 18? Well there's a 2 month difference. However, it breaks a very import rule in the social contract. One of the most important I'd argue. Plus, there must be 100 million adult women in America. It's not like you're on a deserted island Doc. You fucked up.

Last edited:
Judging from what twitch man said nudes were exchanged, which is infact illegal for anyone under 18, yes id say hes a peado plus the guys fucking cringe
I don’t defend what he did, but this is the issue with the internet. Ppl just make claims and it becomes truth. It went from “casual convo that lean inappropriate” to “he was sexting” to “he send nudes” I’ve even seen claims that “they met and had sex.” At this point I’m just trying to stay away from him and the whole situation.

But if there was nudes sent, then I don’t understand how DrDisrespect is not in jail. Sending nudes to a minor = jail time! You can’t be doing that shit!

Arsic

The issue at hand isn’t the sex/gender of the minor, it’s that it’s a minor.
Correct. It is a minor. I do think it’s a key piece of information that we don’t know if it’s a boy or girl. Whether you like it or not the masses will absolutely think it’s 100 times worse that he was trying to solicit a boy. That’s just the state of the world we live in.

Yamisan

He was always an annoying, horrible streamer not worth supporting since day 1, so no. Now we know why his main audience was children.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Correct. It is a minor. I do think it’s a key piece of information that we don’t know if it’s a boy or girl. Whether you like it or not the masses will absolutely think it’s 100 times worse that he was trying to solicit a boy. That’s just the state of the world we live in.
It’s not a key piece of information to anyone who doesn’t have shit for brains, but you do have a point.

Arsic

It’s not a key piece of information to anyone who doesn’t have shit for brains, but you do have a point.
Even if it’s a 8 year old boy or a 17 year old girl, it’s absolutely wrong either way.

However, like you just said, the outrage levels go through the roof in scenario 1.

Thaedolus

Even if it’s a 8 year old boy or a 17 year old girl, it’s absolutely wrong either way.

However, like you just said, the outrage levels go through the roof in scenario 1.
Sure, but whether it’s an 8 year old boy or an 8 year old girl shouldn’t matter…it’s that it’s an 8 year old. But you may be right in that that even though it shouldn’t matter, maybe it does to a lot of people.

Anyway, anyone defending this dumbass wig-wearing predator clown ass chode should be getting their ass kicked too

Last edited:

Arsic

Sure, but whether it’s an 8 year old boy or an 8 year old girl shouldn’t matter…it’s that it’s an 8 year old. But you may be right in that that even though it shouldn’t matter, maybe it does to a lot of people.

Anyway, anyone defending this dumbass wig-wearing predator clown ass chode should be getting their ass kicked too
You may need to slow your roll.

If you got a problem with this scenario to want to inflict violence on his supporters then you better get to kicking a lot of Michael Jackson fans asses.

Good luck with your violent crusade.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Oh, did they debunk that it was Twitch Staff trying to bait Dr. Disrespect?
I have no real stock in this, but it is interesting enough to want to find out if he's scum or it's just a elaborate setup.
Then again, he did cheat on his wife, and he was fucking with trans dude. (LOL!) Seriously, him fucking with trans.. if I were his wife...oh, man.. I hope she loves him unconditionally, because that is fucked up in more than just one way.

Boneless

Maybe someone from the US can explain to me:

I am European, so I see his acts as a problem, illegal and wrong. However, why is this a problem in the US where the majority of states still allow child marriages? That insinuates that adult/child behavior is allowed and condoned.

Last edited:

Boglin

Maybe someone from the US can explain to me:

I am European, so I see his acts as a problem, illegal and wrong. However, why is this a problem in the US where the majority of states still allow child marriages? That insinuated that adult/child behavior is allowed and condoned.
I'm American and this is news to me. I've never heard of any children getting married in the States, at least in modern times, so I didn't realize it was still legal in so many places. It's pretty shocking to me and I think it would be to most other Americans as well.

FewRope

He's not a politician so I doubt his career will be killed by this.

Most of his audience probably don't give a fuck about his moral compass. Many degenerates on social media have millions followers.
There's a guy suspected to literally kill his mentally retarded wife and hiding the body with a following, the Internet it's cooked

Last edited:

Holdfing

I don't think I ever watched a stream of his. Not my thing.
I'd have to see these "inappropriate messages" to judge for myself how much of a POS he is, because they were bad enough to get banned by twitch, which is easy, but not bad enough to get charged with a crime.

Thaedolus

You may need to slow your roll.

If you got a problem with this scenario to want to inflict violence on his supporters then you better get to kicking a lot of Michael Jackson fans asses.

Good luck with your violent crusade.
I’m obviously being a bit hyperbolic here; I’m not headed out with a baseball bat or anything. But I know girls I grew up with that were sexually abused by someone who denied it and then got away with still doing it for a long time because people believed him over them. I’m still angry about it because dear friends of mine continued to be abused because their abuser had defenders. In this case, it seems pretty goddamn obvious what happened, even if some of the largely irrelevant details aren’t known. I don’t get why people are simping for this chode whose schtick I never found interesting or appealing to begin with

Toots

Gold Member
Im not a fan of dr disrespect tho i watched his vids from time to time and found his 80s villain persona funny.
Having said that he did use his dominant position to sext a minor who could have been his child at the time.
Why would anyone support someone like that ?

Top Bottom