• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Could Erase One Thing from Gaming History, What Would It Be?

Porcile

Microsoft buyout of Rare. Would be very glad to say goodbye to anything they have made with Microsoft if it meant we got Perfect Dark, Banjo etc on the Gamecube.

robor

anna-stankeesian-K8toFGi[img]

wFGPKr8.jpeg

Last edited:

Hunnybun

For me it would be RPG elements like levelling and skill trees in action games, where they seem pointless imo. I'm not totally sure where that trend started but I've always assumed it was Demons Souls given the release date and its huge influence. So I guess we'd be getting rid of the whole Souls genre lol.

MacReady13

Very easy- Subscription services in gaming. Get that shit out of here. And whatever it was attached to 1st (Xbone maybe) that can fuck off as well.

MacReady13

Battlepasses, Game as a Service and subscription services.

I can't imagine what they would do long time ago. Diddy Kong Racing would have like 4 characters, the rest obscured by "soon"(or being paid to unlock) and only Dino Domain available, with other stages locked through season passes, battle passes and DLCs.
Funnily enough, some clowns wouldn’t play Diddy kong racing today cause it’s not on a sub service for them to try out to see if they liked it! Imagine these clowns trying to game during the 360 era and before… some of us had demos. Many of us purchased games cause the box art looked great! Many more WAITED for games magazines to review games so we could see if they were any good. Todays “gamers” have zero patience UNLESS they have to wait for something to come out on a sub service before playing.

FewRope

Funnily enough, some clowns wouldn’t play Diddy kong racing today cause it’s not on a sub service for them to try out to see if they liked it! Imagine these clowns trying to game during the 360 era and before… some of us had demos. Many of us purchased games cause the box art looked great! Many more WAITED for games magazines to review games so we could see if they were any good. Todays “gamers” have zero patience UNLESS they have to wait for something to come out on a sub service before playing.
I remember buying Dark Souls for 20€ on a random Saturday at GAME. That kind of thing just isnt going to happen anymore

Top Bottom