• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Exclusive First Look at the Orcs From Prime Video's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
FVyS2ZNXsAES9pg

FVyS2ZPXwAMZGLu

FVyS2ZcXoAAn6-t

FVySZsuWIAERNEY

FVySaR3XEAQQ8up

FVySa1KX0AcDceV

Looks goddamn incredible. Might be some of the best CGI i've ever seen.

Look at that big budget being put to good use with supreme talent

Exclusive First Look at the Orcs From Prime Video's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - IGN

ahtlas7

That last image is so well lit, colored/grading with amazing costume and materials. Beautiful, ya know, save For the Orc

Kilau

CGI? You sure this isn't prosthetics and practical effects?
Story states several times they are prosthetics lol.
Did they hire the same team that handled wardrobe and cosmetics for the films? Because this looks like an evolution of what they did in those movies.
Jamie Wilson, head of The Rings of Power’s prosthetic department has worked on the 6 middle earth movies.

mortal

Gold Member
Am I crazy, or do those look more like screenshots from a video game? Idk maybe it's the IGN logo that's throwing me off :messenger_grinning_sweat:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
We ended their tyranny hundreds of years ago to not put up with their silly nonsense.

Preach, brother. But here they come, with their ace in the hole: we're all fat, gun toting, stupid people who clap after meals and unbutton our pants. God damned red coats.

(I love the UK)

On topic: orcs look good, show looks shit.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I hope they use the same type of cameras as the films, dont like when they use different cameras for tv shows.

Production value off the chart. For such ugly characters they're fucking beautiful. Whatever technique or mix of tech is creating that level of detail I take my hat off to the talented folks achieving those results.

sol_bad

I honestly do see many people turning tail and looking like absolute idiots when this show comes out. So much unneeded negativity.
This alone proves how much love there is for LOTR's behind the scenes.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I honestly do see many people turning tail and looking like absolute idiots when this show comes out. So much unneeded negativity.
This alone proves how much love there is for LOTR's behind the scenes.

You have a lot of faith. It may well be good, but people are allowed to have doubts, myself included.

Personally, nothing I've seen or heard about this show gives me any hope that I'll enjoy it.

Tolkien wrote very, very little about the second age. So little in fact that it would be difficult to make a film of it, let alone a multi season TV show. This means that they're making a vast majority of the story up as they go along, and look how that has turned out in the past.

At best, this will end up like the Hobbit trilogy. At worst, it'll have a story like Shadow of Mordor/War. Both of those examples pissed on Tolkien's life's work and I don't see this being any different.

Top Bottom