• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
KevinCow said:
I think Sony's learned from the way the PSP and PS3 turned out compared to the PS1 and PS2 that having the most powerful hardware does not necessarily make you the mindshare lead-

NGP_Prototype.jpg

...Actually, nevermind.
What's your point? Are you saying they should release a machine less powerful than 3DS to prove a point?
With the way things are turning out it looks like NGP could cost a similar amount to 3DS, without Sony taking a loss per unit.

Sianos

Log4Girlz said:
It sounds like this machine will be powerful enough to get perfectly reasonable ports, no need to destroy an engine to get it to run on the Cafe. Oh and Nintendo games will have all the power they could possibly need to meet their full potential. Anything posted in the Zelda HD thread is possible.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like to me as well.

As long as they don't have to butcher their engines, there's no reason to not port to Cafe. I think Nintendo is (and has been) trying to find the balance between cost and power, and I think they might have found the golden ratio this time.

wsippel said:
I disagree. Nintendo made the switch to DVD tech the same generation Sony and MS did. I'm almost sure they'll use a 405nm drive, but it most likely won't be Blu-ray. It'll probably be NOD (Nintendo Optical Disk) with a capacity of 25GB per layer.

Yeah, that's basicly what I meant in my posts. I expect 25GB blue laser Nintendo Optical Disk, not precisely Blu-ray.

Gravijah

Krev said:
What's your point? Are you saying they should release a machine less powerful than 3DS to prove a point?
With the way things are turning out it looks like NGP could cost a similar amount to 3DS, without Sony taking a loss per unit.

3DS isn't exactly lighting the world on fire right now. If the NGP doesn't sell as much as the PSP (which wasn't a failure) it will be a failure.

Top Bottom