• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Pwns Ensign Crusher

I completely respect Sony, and everyone involved with the production of all the Twisted Metal games. I wrote about my audition on my blog because I was so excited about the opportunity to audition for something that I love so much.

I understand the importance of not revealing any confidential or sensitive information, which is why I didn't talk about the characters I read for, or discuss any storyline specifics. I've been a professional actor for over 25 years, and confidentiality is nothing new to me.

I deeply regret that I was misquoted by psp.ign.com, and I am very upset that they did not respond to my request to clarify their story. I hope this hasn't caused any harm to Sony, or anyone involved with the production of Twisted Metal: World Tour, and I sincerely hope that I will get an opportunity to work with them in the future.

If nothing else, I can't wait to get my hands on the wheel, and jump back into Calypso's newest tournament, when the game is released.

http://www.wilwheaton.net/

That was posted on Wil Wheaton's website as an apology that he had to give because of PSP.IGN. Imo it was really unprofessional of IGN not to retract.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
This is why media companies hire copy editors... as much as I get annoyed by 'em when they mess around with my own writing.

It'd be amusing if Wil sued IGN for defamation-or-something.

WarPig

It wouldn't be defamation. Interference with contract? Restraint of trade? Wish I still watched Law & Order, I could have probably come up with more back in the day.

I dunno. I've fucked up worse in my time...

DFS.

Well I think the main thing here is that they didn't retract. All people in the gaming media have made mistakes, some more than others, so the mistake itself isn't the big issue here.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Both parties are at fault.

Wil was the one who accidentally released the title for the new Twisted Metal, IGN is just reporting on it.

IGN stupidly wrote that he will in fact be doing voicework when obviously this isn't the case.

Comically this appeared at the end of the article. It conflicts entirely with the earlier comment that he did indeed get the part.
IGN.com said:
We're wishing him the best of luck in landing the part, and are looking forward to hearing him scream bloody murder as Twister sends him to a spiraling demise with a Tornado Spin of death.

TekunoRobby said:
Both parties are at fault.

Wil was the one who accidentally released the title for the new Twisted Metal, IGN is just reporting on it.

IGN stupidly wrote that he will in fact be doing voicework when obviously this isn't the case.

Wil didn't release anything though. That title was known about before the entry was made.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
TekunoRobby said:
Oh I see, then what's the problem? The NDA's disallow actors to admit that they are doing the voicework?

he never got the part.. he wrote that he was auditioning for voicework.. ign created an article citing that he was actually cast already.. sony got pissed.. didnt hire him.. and asked him to retract a statement he never made.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Thanks for the explanation. Just in case, I did realize Wil never got the part. I was just curious if there were actual NDA's that disallowed employees from admitting that they were hired.

I know this isn't Sony's fault but they are obviously going after the wrong guy, simply spending 10 seconds in reading the articles would clear that problem up. It's sad that they aren't holding IGN accountable and instead are going after Wil for no reason other then stupidity.

Edit: quadriplegicjon no need to apologize. I should have rephrased my post anyways since it clearly looks like I assumed Wil got the part. I just posted that in case anyone thought otherwise. Thank you for you response.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
TekunoRobby said:
Thanks for the explanation. Just in case, I did realize Wil never got the part. I was just curious if there were actual NDA's that disallowed employees from admitting that they were hired.

my bad.. i didnt see your previous posts.

Top Bottom