• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

patchday

Hopefully it's someone expendable like Swamp Thing. He says the word 'beloved' though which makes me worry a little. Surely they wouldn't kill off Black Canary?

Next stream:
DJD6JJDUIAATXz0.jpg:large

CaptNink

Damn - I was hoping we'd get Black Manta this week. So since the stream is on Friday, we can expect him by the following Tuesday?

patchday

^ Hope you can post a video Compbros so I can git gud. I am stuck at work.

[edit] oh that's a twitch feed. I know how to get the vid later already. Going to tune in but since I'm working will just be watching on the side a bit

Compbros

Can you recommend a good Black Canary BnB/punish guide or video?

There's not a single video I can recommend for either, there's a few with good stuff but no definitive guide though. I've been asked to make one by a few fans so I'll probably post one next week.

Didn't see this posted, but the tease on Twitter is that the Black Manta stream will be "beyond epic" aka they will be talking about or showing Legendary gear tomorrow.

delSai

Wonder what the gear will be like. Maybe more stuff like Keaton-Batlogo? Classic Supes pants seem like something they might add.

vg260

I'm tempering my expectations. We're essentially asking for a ton of free skins. Typically, that's unheard of to get in a fighter, let alone a WB game.

It is what they have kinda set up people to believe with the gear system, though. Hopefully they have a good way to add more classic costumes. They went hard on the no pay to win thing, so they can't really charge, and this stuff looks like gear since it's in the filters for selling.

Maybe they are making their extra money from people buying source crystals for shaders,and premier skins rather than the usual skin packs, so they are able to keep adding gear, but again it's WB.

delSai

Manta has a move where he calls in some kind of drone, i'm sure that'll be an ability. Same with the one where a bomb explodes and shoots water at the opponent.

From what I remember, there is gear that was in the beta that hasn't made it's way to the game yet. I would imagine new gear additions are a combination of them having planned out a release schedule for new additions of previously designed gear and...actually designing new gear.

My expectations for legendary gear...
- have a unique look (not just re-skinned epics with better stats)
- will have a higher stat pool than epics (not really important to players who play ranked)
- will be part of legendary sets
- ideally would introduce new bonuses beyond the "character xp increased by 8%" that are more useful for end game content/players who don't play player matches. Not sure what those would be, but % chance to unlock motherboxes, shaders etc. from online matches would be a good one?

Ryce

That's his worst move.

It doesn't even make sense.

It could maybe work on Atalantas, but nothing else.
Maybe 10% of the moves in this game make sense. I just like the idea of there being a water pipe off-screen that Black Manta has rigged with an explosive. The detonation animation looks cool.

patchday

I just can't get excited for Legendary gear even a little bit because I just dont want to have to deal with loot boxes & the absurd low drop rates to get them. It's going to be good carrots for Casuals though that won't touch online play

vg260

From what I remember, there is gear that was in the beta that hasn't made it's way to the game yet. I would imagine new gear additions are a combination of them having planned out a release schedule for new additions of previously designed gear and...actually designing new gear.

My expectations for legendary gear...
- have a unique look (not just re-skinned epics with better stats)
- will have a higher stat pool than epics (not really important to players who play ranked)
- will be part of legendary sets
- ideally would introduce new bonuses beyond the "character xp increased by 8%" that are more useful for end game content/players who don't play player matches. Not sure what those would be, but % chance to unlock motherboxes, shaders etc. from online matches would be a good one?

Watch them just be the same crap but higher stats.

I just can't get excited for Legendary gear even a little bit because I just dont want to have to deal with loot boxes & the absurd low drop rates to get them. It's going to be good carrots for Casuals though that won't touch online play

Yup, I'm sick to death of the loot box nonsense.

I just want a bunch of classic outfit skins. I was even expecting to pay for them like MKX and Inj1, for which I bought them all. Honestly, I'd rather just pay for extra skins than deal with the loot boxes. I have points cards ready to go, but so far they have gotten no extra money from me. Their loss.

vg260

A DLC character is getting a premier skin. I'm going with Black Lightning for Raiden.

Seems like a solid guess.

From that answer about the BvS, SS, & movie costumes question not making sense fitting together as gear, it sounds like we won't get regular "skins" outside of premier skins :/

Yup, this legendary stuff is garbage.

General notes from the stream not related to Black Manta.

Green Arrow's hood is in progress (it wasn't ever meant to be in the game, but they are making it now that they accidentally announced it on stream ages ago).

Premiere skin(s) coming. At least one being worked on right now. It was phrased as "will there be DLC premiere skins?" - which is up in the air a bit on if it means a DLC character is getting a premiere skin, or if more premiere skins will come AS DLC for base characters.
The mobile skins like Suicide Squad/Batman V Superman can't really come to Injustice 2 on consoles, since the individual gear pieces would look patch work when not worn as a full set.

Movie/TV skins: they dodged the question but said "not to say it won't happen again," implying that they have to wait for an announcement.

Legendary gear:
- new unique looks on the pieces (showed Wonder Woman sword and shield
- every character has 1 legendary (accessory only)
- best stats of any gear by far (they are set, no RNG)
- custom x stat that changes character power/trait/gameplay in a bigger way (not 5% xp, more dramatic effect to the character power - example: wonder woman gets TWO buffs when using trait/Cheetah-every claw attack has chance to do dot damage/Blue Beetle claws always on and character power button is the projectile/Batman can do more with double jump/Swamp Thing gets air dash
- new Legendary Multiverse coming out. One world for each character. They don't expire. These are going to take quite a bit of time (example of requirements to take part in the events: 100 supermove finishes with Cheetah, 1 million credits donated, etc.). ** here's hoping the supermove finishes gets removed, haha **
- Legendary multiverses are NOW available (might have to reset to have them show up). Only 7 up right now, but more will be added. Again, they don't expire.
- These aren't grandfathered. Stat tracking for the requirements is as of this week.

vg260

Boy, I'm sure glad they gave us a filter to sell legendary gear.

OK, Manta's default move set seems pretty cool. They game him a water effect on the B3 at least.

They didn't change the Manta transition. Lame.

Black Manta

re: stage transition. Remains Manta.

Basics:
  • Good midrange character
  • Good armor breaking through fast knife attacks
  • Very good F2 footsie tool (great range)
  • Eyebeam sweep
Special moves:
  • Eye beam is midrange (not full screen projectile)
  • Torpedo move (Raiden style)-wake up attack/good punishing move/combo ender, can do in the air
  • Harpoon gun - full screen attack, not something you want to spam with, can do in the air
  • Shoulder missiles - don't track (hits jump/standing opponents), meter burn launches, key combo starter into B3, good for block pressure too
  • Teleport uppercut - meterburn into eyebeam gives you a combo. It's unsafe. Combo extender too.
Character power:
  • Jet pack (can hover) - hold down, meter acts as fuel gauge. Can use it before it's full.
Gear:
  • Beam/lights change colour.
  • Pretty nutty jetpack/helmet combos.
Ability:
  • Take damage for rays to do extra damage.
  • Offscreen pipe blows up like an interactible. Meter burn goes in other direction.
  • Grenade move that trips opponent, meter burn gives free combo.

delSai

Harpoons are so underused in gaming.

I hope this gear nonsense never exists in another one of their games.

I'd rather they improve on it instead of throwing it all away. I play I2 pretty much excluisvely offline and the gear is a good way for me to keep playing. In I1 and SFV i just play and gain nothing. Sure, Profile EXP perhaps but that wont do anything.

What they should've done is sell skins that make characters look their movie version or whatever that you put on like Premier Skins, they dont need new voice acting or anythin'. That would solve a big part of the problem i think.

vg260

What they should've done is sell skins that make characters look their movie version or whatever that you put on like Premier Skins, they dont need new voice acting or anythin'. That would solve a big part of the problem i think.

They painted themselves in a corner with this gear system. They can't really do full costumes because they don't look right mix and matched (as they stated today) and they can't charge for pieces because they would need stats and they were proclaiming it's not play-to-win.

You would think they could just sell premier skins without the identity swaps and new voice work, but apparently they're not interested. It means we miss out on a bunch of cool iconic costumes in a game where the characters look the best they have in a game. That to me is such a waste.

Plus there are all these abilities and shaders that are a pain in the ass to get, split up the player base, and are essentially worthless if you want anything resembling a balanced game.

I thought it sounded bad on paper when they announced it. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first, and kinda came around, but at this point, I don't want the system to come back.

delSai

Then if they continue to do Gear (i actually wonder how much money they make by selling source crystals compared to costumes), they should remove Abilities, which i am for as well and add regular skins, which they should've done already anyway.

I dont know how MKX did colors, but here you can buy them, unlock one alternate for each characters and continue to get some randomly. Maybe make em buyable with credits or something.

I don't know. I'm enjoying the system and would be disappointed if it was removed without a replacement for offline players. STAR Labs didn't grab me to be honest, and regular arcade towers where all you can get is a score and i dunno, some concept art is kinda boring. Oh well, i'd assume that overall opinion about the system is rather negative, i guess i should not expect it to be back in 3. Wonder what the big "new" thing will be there. Tag or Assists wouldn't surprise me.

Top Bottom