• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider says Everwild by Rare is "a real mess" right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Dragging old info to try and instigate petty console wars. Next time is a ban.
Insider Jeff Grubb, went on the latest podcast from XboxEra to say that he's heard that the game Everwild is a real mess right now and that even the devs don't know what's going on

This is even after the news of the reboot in 2019

https://www.pcgamesn.com/everwild/rumour-development-state

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex
Dj Khaled GIF by iHeartRadio

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Jeff Grubb is an idiot, but if we don't see a good amount of footage of Everwild in couple of weeks time, with a clear idea of what the game is we'll know for sure this game is in development hell.

CosmicComet

More MS mishandling.

Wtf is going on? Can they not manage their studios properly?

Their 1st party studios now dwarf Sony's in number, staff count, IP count and value and they still have nothing to show for it. Lmao.

Since Gaf loves DBZ comparisons it's like when Trunks went super buff to fight Perfect Cell but the latter still stomped him because he was lean and faster.

kingfey

Banned
Latest? That episode was published on 26th December 2021.
Even if it was old, if its true, then rare needs to be whipped.

Rare has the been the most shameless from Xbox studios. They dont even care about their IPs. Look at bajo and kazoi. Fk them, for not even making a remastered version for those games.

anthony2690

Banned
Is jeff only reliable when it comes to xbox bad news?
Didnt you guys grill him for xbox live gold rumors?
I think Grubb is usually pretty accurate when it comes to Xbox news/dates.

Huge shame that Everwild is in bad shape, as I loved the look off it with its princess mononoke vibes.

But when he speculates he definitely misses, like with Xbox live gold & Scarlet nexus coming to game pass day one (he could've twisted it, as it did come to game pass day one in Japan, but he said he didn't know that would happen)

Rare has the been the most shameless from Xbox studios. They dont even care about their IPs. Look at bajo and kazoi. Fk them, for not even making a remastered version for those games.

Sure, but wtf are we rehashing a 6 months old news?

kingfey

Banned
He is an Xbox shill so don't put that blame on non-Xbox people.

Also this
Even for xbox shill, I would trust Jez more than his ass. This guy is snake. Always makes something, then backtracks again. No offense to him, but he needs to stop his insider information. Its only attention seeking clout.

Jennings

It's a well known fact that humanity's greatest achievements have always sprung from adversity, so news like this fills me with great excitement and hope.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Didn't they remaster BK though?

As far as a new game, I'm pretty sure Rare just has no one from the old guard left and it's too scary to mess with their legacy.

kingfey

Banned
I think Grubb is usually pretty accurate when it comes to Xbox news/dates.

Huge shame that Everwild is in bad shape, as I loved the look off it with its princess mononoke vibes.

But when he speculates he definitely misses, like with Xbox live gold & Scarlet nexus coming to game pass day one (he could've twisted it, as it did come to game pass day one in Japan, but he said he didn't know that would happen)
Rare likes ambitious projects, its why sea of thieves is this good.
But sometimes, these type of ambitious are dangerous, since it wastes time, without any backup.

Xbox could have used some of rare games, if they took their job seriously.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Even for xbox shill, I would trust Jez more than his ass. This guy is snake. Always makes something, then backtracks again. No offense to him, but he needs to stop his insider information. Its only attention seeking clout.
I think Grubb has used up all his insider knowledge and is just sprouting nonsense. Literally basing his insider knowledge on Kojima/MS on a statue on a shelf was sad and desperate. He denied Death Stranding 2 the day after Reedus said he was in negotiations for DS2. His day in the sun is ending.

th4tguy

They announced the game before it was even a game. They literally hadn’t nailed down what the basic game would play like.
You just don’t do that. It was a horrible call to announce this game when they did.
Really seems like MS wanted to start this gen with a strong impression that they were geared to deliver strong content on a regular basis (think Ninendo this gen) and now the facade is crumbling around them.

Last edited:

BlackTron

That was x360, with rare replay I think.

Right, but I think the games still run with higher settings depending on your Xbox hardware.

To me, seems sufficient for a N64 game...

Edit: Don't get me wrong though, Rare still sucks lol. Just not for failing to make BK playable is all IMO

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Rare likes ambitious projects, its why sea of thieves is this good.
But sometimes, these type of ambitious are dangerous, since it wastes time, without any backup.

Xbox could have used some of rare games, if they took their job seriously.
I think it's a little unfair to say they don't take their job seriously.
Unfortunately not everything works out as planned or a great idea may not turn out as well as you hope.
I hope they deliver with this game in the future though.

A personal worry for this game for me, I wonder how they will keep this game entertaining/engaging without any combat.

kingfey

Banned
I think it's a little unfair to say they don't take their job seriously.
Unfortunately not everything works out as planned or a great idea may not turn out as well as you hope.
I hope they deliver with this game in the future though.

A personal worry for this game for me, I wonder how they will keep this game entertaining/engaging without any combat.
You can make it as fun as Detroit almost human.
Instead of QTE, they could use puzzle, and platforming, plus exploration.

Some games can be good, if they environments matches the action, and scenery is beautiful.

As for Rare, I think they need to expand their studio. Have small studios make smaller projects, while they do their own ambitious games. 5 years is alot in gaming world.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Resident Evil 5 is coming to the Xbox 360 !!

anthony2690

Banned
You can make it as fun as Detroit almost human.
Instead of QTE, they could use puzzle, and platforming, plus exploration.

Some games can be good, if they environments matches the action, and scenery is beautiful.

As for Rare, I think they need to expand their studio. Have small studios make smaller projects, while they do their own ambitious games. 5 years is alot in gaming world.
But Detroit isn't fun haha.

Guess I'll just wait for Everwild gameplay in the future.

Crayon

They showed it when they had nothing to show but the style they were going for. This is ms showing games way ahead again. Anything could happen with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom