• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming September 2016 | I don't have unlimited money

Oh I don't even have to get in contact with anyone? I got this message straight away: "Your payment method will be issued a refund for this purchase. You should receive this refund in five to seven business days."

And then the app will automatically disappear from my device right?

It actually remains on device weirdly but removed from your purchases. If you delete it, gone forever. obv cant update it. on Android, it gets removed from device on refund.

Pachimari

It actually remains on device weirdly but removed from your purchases. If you delete it, gone forever. obv cant update it. on Android, it gets removed from device on refund.
Oh strange, but I'll delete it as soon as the HD version is here. Never made this mistake before of buying an iPhone game for my iPad but I guess one time has to be the first. While I wait for the HD version I'm probably gonna play Head of State.

heringer

Oh I don't even have to get in contact with anyone? I got this message straight away: "Your payment method will be issued a refund for this purchase. You should receive this refund in five to seven business days."

And then the app will automatically disappear from my device right?

It won't disappear from your device, actually. You just can't download it again.

edit: beaten

Still no HD version. I have a feeling there's not gonna be a universal version but the iPhone version is playable on iPad as well @2x. iPad only HD version will be out at some point.

PittaGAF

Wut, Obsidian are the developers behind Pathfinder? Mind blown.

Lol, yes!!!
And they signed a multi year partnership with Paizo that could extend to other genres in the same setting.
Like...a turn based RPG in the Pathfinder setting...similar to Pillars of Eternity :)
I discussed this a bit with Obsidian, and they didn't dismissed it immediately.....

Pachimari

Nice to see. I haven't given the game a fair chance, because new games have kept coming out.

Thanks. Annoyed that it isn't universal. Ill pickup one of them. Lemme know how it runs on your pro. Ill go based on that.
It runs very smoothly on my Pro, also when fast forwarding on high speeds. It also looks very sharp. I only just finished the Prologue, and is starting Chapter 1.

I'm excited for makenines tonight or tomorrow. It's a new puzzler from devs behind the little gem of a shooter Toast Time. It looks like some kind of Threes at first glance, but the trailer shows how you can manipulate the board and tiles in different ways. Plus it's hand-crafted puzzles plus endless daily levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3O9DSaMOw
http://forceofhab.it/games/
1x7Ax78.png

awp69

A lot of people over at TA are saying good things about BrightRidge HD. Sounds like it almost could be a better Submerged type experience. And runs better.

Think I might give it a shot. Only $1.99 and just added a story mode (was purely exploration prior to it).

Anyone else play it?

A lot of people over at TA are saying good things about BrightRidge HD. Sounds like it almost could be a better Submerged type experience. And runs better.

Think I might give it a shot. Only $1.99 and just added a story mode (was purely exploration prior to it).

Anyone else play it?
I played it a while ago, before the HD version came out. A good walking sim-style game. The HD version sounds like it was expanded significantly

Dev is also working on the next game

awp69

I played it a while ago, before the HD version came out. A good walking sim-style game. The HD version sounds like it was expanded significantly

Dev is also working on the next game

Picked it up. Very impressive for a one man development effort. It's not without an occasional glitch and has some pop-in, but overall it's pretty gorgeous.

i see that you can transform into different creatures and explore the world however you like (such as flying as a dragon). Neat little game...or should I say objectively big game to relax to.

PittaGAF

I'm replaying Sorcery! now that the conclusion is imminent.
It might be just hype but I'm enjoying it much more than the last times.
Anyway...I'm now fearing I'm just wrong, but I think I remember it used to support iCloud sync between devices...but I can't find anything.
Does it support it? Does the 2 and 3 chapters support it?
I'm pretty sure I remember I completed it long ago on both iPhone and iPad, and I recall doing something to switch devices, like input a code or something, but I can't find anything now.

Thanks!

Pachimari

Lumines Puzzle & Music NEO (F2P) is out:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lumines-pazuru-myujikku-neo/id1146671383?mt=8

I'm guessing this is what they called "versus" at the time (since it was supposed to be released one week later) and it seems to just be a F2P version of the same game. But I could be missing something.

In any case, more song were added to the paid Japanese app as well.

No. This is the free-to-play version of Puzzle & Music. Lumines VS is the multiplayer title coming out this Winter.

Oynox

Updated to iOS 10 early... So far I do not like the revamped notification center at all. Apparently I cannot sort by apps anymore, only by time... Bah

Pachimari

It said 99 cents to me. So I hope not lol

But if it is people should grab it. Played the first few levels and it's a cool mix between a puzzle game, a pinball game and you are kinda making art while playing it.
Oh wait, it was last week it was free. It's only 99c anyway. Enjoy the game.

Yikes, another thread on here got me to estimate how much I've spent on mobile games...and with rounding and some extrapolation, it probably comes out to over a thousand dollars since 2012. All those $1, $2, $5 games really add up.

awp69

Ouch. Riff Racer dropped from $2.99 to $.99 the day after release and now it's dropped to free.

Not very cool. I know they've gotten some backlash for the lack of clarity in Apple Music vs iTunes tracks.

But if you don't have it, might as well grab it for free. The game itself is really good.

wonderpug

Neo Member
Why would you do that to yourself! Ignorance is bliss.

/played protonium

Protonium has spent 304500 hours in blissful ignorance.

Ouch. Riff Racer dropped from $2.99 to $.99 the day after release and now it's dropped to free.

Not very cool. I know they've gotten some backlash for the lack of clarity in Apple Music vs iTunes tracks.

But if you don't have it, might as well grab it for free. The game itself is really good.

It's showing as $1.99 for me right now in the US store.

awp69

/played protonium

Protonium has spent 304500 hours in blissful ignorance.

It's showing as $1.99 for me right now in the US store.

Might not be showing up on the store yet. I saw it in AppZapp and still is showing there.

Edit: now AppZapp is showing it going back up to $1.99 so maybe it was a mistake or an extremely short sale.

putermcgee

So I know there's a lot of confusion about whether Super Mario Run will have IAP, but it sounds a lot more like IAP would be for coins if anything. You can use coins you earn in the game to purchase stuff to decorate your mushroom kingdom, so I'd bet that coins will also be straight up for sale. Cosmetic add-ons are totally fine as IAP for me, even in a "premium" game, so I'm way excited for this.

What I'd love to see is Super Mario Run, using your Mii from Miitomo, and Miitomo becoming a sort of social hub for Nintendo stuff on mobile.

I get why it's exciting for Mario finally on mobile, but I kind of think games like Rayman and Lost Socks are already on an entire other level than what was shown so far, both graphically and gameplay-wise

But then again, I'm never really been into Nintendo games so Mario mobile isn't that big a deal for me

Ketch

if the mario thing is just an infinite runner it's such a huge let down.

there's so much potential for nintendo properties on iOS, but they'll never do it as long as they want to be making their own handhelds.

there's so much potential for nintendo properties on iOS, but they'll never do it as long as they want to be making their own handhelds.
No, it's level-based like the Rayman games. Auto-runner, not endless runner

putermcgee

I get why it's exciting for Mario finally on mobile, but I kind of think games like Rayman and Lost Socks are already on an entire other level than what was shown so far, both graphically and gameplay-wise

But then again, I'm never really been into Nintendo games so Mario mobile isn't that big a deal for me
I would agree that Rayman looks a lot better than SMR, but that's because I've never really liked the New SMB look. It would be cool if they let you choose the skin, like Mario Maker.

I think I'm the opposite, though, where I've never cared for Rayman, but grew up on Mario.

it's not an endless runner BUT I agree there's a lot of potential with mobile Nintendo properties, I hope the Animal Crossing mobile game nails it because that IP would suit mobile so well

Pachimari

Is this new? I received a mail, and it's also on their Twitter, that Square Enix have announced a new RPG titled Guaridan Codex. A sequel to Guardian Cross.

heringer

They are on an entire other level based on the 30 seconds gameplay they showed? :p

Lost Socks is a good game but the platforming isn't exactly it's strongest quality.

Jarsonot

Pre-ordered the iPhone 7, gonna have to get a dongle to be able to charge it while using headphones.

I play a lot at night, end of the day when my battery is at its lowest. Since a lot of games are fairly battery intensive I often have to play plugged in. So until I get that dongle I'll have to play without sound (can't use speakers, would disturb other people).

Kinda sucks that the standalone phone isn't that great for playing games (with sound anyway) anymore, if you're like me and often have to have it charging while playing.

Progress, I guess? =) Anybody else I'm the same boat? It's certainly possible I'm an outlier here and it won't be an issue for most iPhone gamers.

Oh, I could use wireless headphones, but still wouldn't call that ideal due to cost, possible latency, and even more charging concerns.

Pre-ordered the iPhone 7, gonna have to get a dongle to be able to charge it while using headphones.

I play a lot at night, end of the day when my battery is at its lowest. Since a lot of games are fairly battery intensive I often have to play plugged in. So until I get that dongle I'll have to play without sound (can't use speakers, would disturb other people).

Kinda sucks that the standalone phone isn't that great for playing games (with sound anyway) anymore, if you're like me and often have to have it charging while playing.

Progress, I guess? =) Anybody else I'm the same boat? It's certainly possible I'm an outlier here and it won't be an issue for most iPhone gamers.

Oh, I could use wireless headphones, but still wouldn't call that ideal due to cost, possible latency, and even more charging concerns.
Get the 7+ and you won't have to worry too much about battery life.

Pachimari

Eh, so I found out today, that the Street Kart beta coming up soon does not have any touch control. Which probably means that I will need a controller which I don't have, thus I won't be playing the beta I got into.

Top Bottom