• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Man VR |OT| I am Iron Man

JCK75

so you can finally also check out Astro Bot, Wipeout, Farpoint, Blood and Truth, RE7, Dreams and others

might surprise you how much you've been missing and how psvr is not as terrible as you suppose it is

I'm aware, it's infuriating that RE7 does not have a VR release on PC, I understand Sony exclusives but that one not coming makes no sense.
I missed my window to get PSVR at a good price, by the time I was ready the PS4 Pro was on sale at a crazy price (I had a slim) and I had to go with that instead.

So I'll end up getting one with PS5 in time when it's updated for exclusives, but I won't give money for RE7 because I don't want to support platform exclusivity for a feature.

Wonko_C

I'm aware, it's infuriating that RE7 does not have a VR release on PC, I understand Sony exclusives but that one not coming makes no sense.
I missed my window to get PSVR at a good price, by the time I was ready the PS4 Pro was on sale at a crazy price (I had a slim) and I had to go with that instead.

So I'll end up getting one with PS5 in time when it's updated for exclusives, but I won't give money for RE7 because I don't want to support platform exclusivity for a feature.
VR exclusivity for RE7 was supossedly for 1 year, Capcom probably couldn't be arsed to add it to the PC version after so long, same with Namco and Ace Combat 7, sadly.

Grinchy

Banned
So I'm finally playing this game. I just beat the Shanghai mission.

There is some really cool stuff going on in this game. I'm definitely enjoying it. But, I will say that when you start getting more weapons and lots of enemy types buzzing around, the game could have given some more training before throwing you to the wolves. All the training segments up to this point are really just movement-based with just a few things to shoot at on the paths.

When it comes time to dodge incoming shots from one enemy type, punch green shields from others, straighten your hand to get guided missiles for others, put your other hand up for blasters for another, all at the same time while trying to move around and switch between thrusters, blasters, missiles, ect, you barely even know the game yet and have mostly just watched holograms talk and picked up magazines :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But damn does it all feel bad ass as hell when it works out right.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Man, this game is fucking cool. It has grown on me each time I've played it. I think I'm on Chapter 12 or something now. It took some time for things to really click for me, but once they did, I can move around like crazy while aiming properly and taking everything out in the right order, ect.

This is creeping up my list of the best PSVR games. It isn't perfect and the mission structures are very basic, but the actual flying around in the suit and the overall gameplay are really damn satisfying when you know what you're doing. On a side note, I also discovered b/c of not wanting to sit through any loading times between play sessions that VR games can work just fine with Suspend/Resume functionality on PS4 lol

Last edited:

Romulus

Man, this game is fucking cool. It has grown on me each time I've played it. I think I'm on Chapter 12 or something now. It took some time for things to really click for me, but once they did, I can move around like crazy while aiming properly and taking everything out in the right order, ect.

This is creeping up my list of the best PSVR games. It isn't perfect and the mission structures are very basic, but the actual flying around in the suit and the overall gameplay are really damn satisfying when you know what you're doing. On a side note, I also discovered b/c of not wanting to sit through any loading times between play sessions that VR games can work just fine with Suspend/Resume functionality on PS4 lol

Yeah the feeling of badassery in flight is just second to none. Really innovative and satisfying. Glad you enjoyed it.

Got bored, and just pulled this out to play again. The flight controls in this game are top-notch...perhaps the best use of the (limited) PSVR control scheme I've played with, and I've played about 75 PSVR games. A sequel with more varied combat could have really knocked this out of the park, but who knows if PSVR2 will see one.

Anyone know what the sales were like for this?

Romulus

Some Quest 2 previews are dropping. Seems 2 of the big complaints, loading times and tracking are not only improved but strengths this time around.

And no wires! So 360 spins without cables. That alone probably deserves a full point in reviews because of the nature of the game

Last edited:

Romulus

The reviews show consistency in that this new version is much improved​

IRON MAN VR (META QUEST 2) REVIEW – A STARK IMPROVEMENT ON THE ORIGINAL​

https://cogconnected.com/review/iron-man-vr-meta-quest-2-review/

Playing as Iron Man with an untethered headset is a blast​

https://www.destructoid.com/iron-man-vr-is-just-as-fun-on-the-oculus-quest-2/

Iron Man VR Quest 2 Review: A Thrilling Release Reaches Its Full Potential​

https://uploadvr.com/iron-man-vr-quest-2-review/

Iron Man VR on Meta Quest 2 Review — The Suit and I are One​

https://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/iron-man-vr-on-meta-quest-2-review-the-suit-and-i-are-one/

Meta Quest 2 version is perhaps the best way to play thanks to its ease of use and cleaner visuals. The intuitive controls, fun aerial combat, and some quality presentation make for a heroic effort by developer Camouflaj, and a worthy addition to any Quest 2 library.
https://www.dualshockers.com/marvels-iron-man-vr-review-meta-quest-2/

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN

Iron Man VR is an outstanding addition to the Quest library and an absolute must-buy for any gamer that has ever wanted to be a superhero.
https://6dofreviews.com/reviews/games/marvels-iron-man-vr/

Top Bottom