• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Isn't it time for a change for how Kratos looks and behaves? Like... DMC style?

Don't you?

• Total voters

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
ac4e359cd0a88f927cc1f983d0924f41.gif

Yo don't give them ideas man! If they had the chance, they probably would change his look but they know the backlash will be way too strong. The ip would literally die overnight if they did that.

Last edited:

yurinka

I already told you that subjectively i liked the game as a character action game, I didnt like it as a Devil may Cry game.
Alot of reviewers agreed with me.
Hell most of Steam agrees with me:
TbofQqj.jpg

Your opinion is that it was a bad game??
Well thats your opinion so thats that, I cant tell you that you are wrong, just like you cant tell me, most of the people who played the game on Steam or reviewers that we are wrong.
We can however agree to disagree.
I didn't like and hated the Dante redesign but I loved the game.

Taking into consideration sales and user reviews from all games in the series and in all platforms, Emo Dante redesign was a bad idea that did hurt the game, and once they fixed it going back to the traditional design players loved the series again. See below.

Instead of looking only to Steam watch all the platforms and game in the series to get the full context:
DMC5 (PS+XB+PC) 5.7M copies sold
DmC (PS+XB+PC) 2.8M copies sold
DMC4 (PS+XB+PC) 3M + DMC4SE (PS+XB+PC) 2M = 5M copies sold
DMC3 (PS2) 1.3M + DMC3SE (PS2) 1M = 2.3M copies sold
DMC2 (PS2) 1.7M copies sold
DMC (PS2) 2.1M copies sold

Even if in released in 3 platforms, DmC sold barely more than the DMC games released on a single console. The other multiplatform DMC games with normal Dante sold around the double of copies. The worst selling game is DMC2.

Metacritic user reviews:
DMC 5 8.4/7.6/8.6
DmC 5.6/5.4/7.0
DMC4 8.6/8.4/8.4
DMC3 9.1
DMC2 6.4
DMC 8.6

DmC and DMC2 are the ones with the worse user reviews in MC. DmC got better user reviewed in PC than in console. To go back to a traditional Dante/more traditional art style and 60fps did help to improve and go back to the usual (non DMC2) numbers.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

You are not completely wrong, he's more emotional in 10 minutes in that game than in the entire original trilogy.

People don't notice it as much because he is still stern and gruff, but he's different.
He's old(er). Of course he's changed

Shubh_C63

Ah jesus christ, don't even put that into the world. Mohawk-wearing Atreus is the opposite of badass.

Kratos is 100% of those games, Atreus is 0%. He's just a backdrop for the story. Hopefully, Kratos releases that Loki is bad and kills him at the end of Ragnarok so we don't have to see more Atreus moving forward.
I can't see Atreus carry a spinoff on its back but SMS are good writers and they did said through Kratos that this is Atreus' story. If Ragnarok doesn't concludes everything then I can see him being a playable character in GoW3.

I just don't see the studio leaving this developed character Atreus after this game. Maybe he dies at the end and Kratos changes again.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I didn't like and hated the Dante redesign but I loved the game.

Taking into consideration sales and user reviews from all games in the series and in all platforms, Emo Dante redesign was a bad idea that did hurt the game, and once they fixed it going back to the traditional design players loved the series again. See below.

Instead of looking only to Steam watch all the platforms and game in the series to get the full context:
DMC5 (PS+XB+PC) 5.7M copies sold
DmC (PS+XB+PC) 2.8M copies sold
DMC4 (PS+XB+PC) 3M + DMC4SE (PS+XB+PC) 2M = 5M copies sold
DMC3 (PS2) 1.3M + DMC3SE (PS2) 1M = 2.3M copies sold
DMC2 (PS2) 1.7M copies sold
DMC (PS2) 2.1M copies sold

Even if in released in 3 platforms, DmC sold barely more than the DMC games released on a single console. The other multiplatform DMC games with normal Dante sold around the double of copies. The worst selling game is DMC2.

Metacritic user reviews:
DMC 5 8.4/7.6/8.6
DmC 5.6/5.4/7.0
DMC4 8.6/8.4/8.4
DMC3 9.1
DMC2 6.4
DMC 8.6

DmC and DMC2 are the ones with the worse user reviews in MC. DmC got better user reviewed in PC than in console. To go back to a traditional Dante/more traditional art style and 60fps did help to improve and go back to the usual (non DMC2) numbers.

Shit i didnt even know it did 2.8 million units.
Thats insane.
It near matched DMC4.

Now im even more impressed by the game.
Ninja Theory should have a B team make another character action game, small scale of course but it could be fun.

Bragr

Banned
I can't see Atreus carry a spinoff on its back but SMS are good writers and they did said through Kratos that this is Atreus' story. If Ragnarok doesn't concludes everything then I can see him being a playable character in GoW3.

I just don't see the studio leaving this developed character Atreus after this game. Maybe he dies at the end and Kratos changes again.
Maybe, but he is Loki, and Loki is fated to die during Ragnarok at the hands of Heimdall.

In the first The Last of Us, the star of the show wasn't Joel or Ellie, but their relationship, they never hit those heights storytelling-wise in the second game when Ellie went solo.

In God of War, this is more apparent, Atreus is bound to Kratos, he is only interesting because of their relationship. I can't envision him doing anything alone. Now, that might change during the second game, but as of right now, God of War is Kratos. One can not live without the other.

kiphalfton

Thanks to my crazy Paint 3d skills;

Sjdsyi4.jpg

What do you think about it?

Don't you want some new ideas about how Kratos looks and behaves?

edit: Finally added that new super cool Kratos model.

Not only is this topic retarded, but on top of that that is some truly awful photoshop skills you got there OP (could have at least blended the skin color ffs).

Top Bottom