• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been six months since Sony increased PS Plus prices

What is your stance on the PS Plus price increase?

• The service improved and I renewed my membership

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • The service improved but I didn't renew my membership

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • I didn't renew my membership but I'm going to (Quality increased)

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • I didn't renew my membership and I'm not going to (Quality did not increase)

Votes: 192 63.8%
  • Other

Votes: 86 28.6%

• Total voters

KiteGr

Transitioning to PC...
I'll miss playing with friends online, but as someone who doens't care about the rest of the fluf, I can't be paying 80€ a year Just so I can play online and still not considering my self an idiot.
My cus has pre-bought subscriptions during a discount unti 2034 so the price increases don't effect him, but it sucks being on different platforms.

manzo

Let essential to lapse for the first time since 2012. I started with the launch of PS4, let it lapse for the first time in January.

I don't really play online anymore, the only good was cloud saving.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The increase made me evaluate just how much I was actually utilizing my subscription, and I concluded that I was barely playing the available games for Premium, and not even Extra. So I reduced my sub down to Essential. I have not had the urge to upgrade since. The free games, multiplayer, and occasional discount on a game is enough for me.

Lunarorbit

Got essential and feel like it's been the same since the service started. But I end up saving lots from the ps plus sales so I'll keep it around for the foreseeable future

Mobilemofo

Downgraded from premium to extra last year. Probably gonna drop again. A few films and some crunchyroll shit ain't value. 😅 Am I right? I'm not wrong.

My Take: If Sony would have just released more into stores instead of doing online only(for the most part) I more-than-likely would have got one.
However, I can see myself skipping PS6 because I couldn't get a PS5 and don't see why I should, when they are making that slow transition to PC and all the PS5 games they released for PC, I bought on Steam. So... I don't feel any incentive to get PS6. I would probably even skip it, if a Bloodborne 2 came out for it. Yeah... I think I would? My Will has leveled up in the last few years, immensely.

Funny with the timing of this thread since my PS+ Extra sub expires today; waiting for a discount to resubscribe else I probably won't bother.
Looks like the discount came sooner than I expected, so I decided to resub to PS+ Extra for one year. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

YcsWg7N.png

Cyberpunkd

So I got curious and wondered how much you need to pay to play online e.g. Fallout 76. If I understand this right you need the lowest tier which is...72€ per year after discount (paying upfront).

Not Funny No GIF by Originals

Playstation 5 is going to most likely be my last console, and even now it is not getting played a lot (kids are glued to Switch, myself to Steam Deck).

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Still subscribed until like 2027? I made sure I had stacked years well enough in advance to at least last the whole generation and I even the the PS Now trick to convert it all to PS Plus Premium so no I haven't renewed my subscription.

But I don't think I will resubscribe anyways? I have partially transitioned over to PC and you got the Steam Deck to thank for that transition.

Last edited:

angelgs90

I canceled my subscription at that time.

After that I realized the anxiety that having an active subscription gave me, always wondering if I was playing enough to justify the expense, and realizing that many times I played without the desire to do so.

Now I only play when I really feel like it, and I spend a lot more time on other hobbies.

RayHell

Following the price increase news from $119.99 -> $159.99 I decided to downgrade to essential at 79.99$ because I wasn't using my premium features at all.
That 40$ extra they wanted to squeeze out of me became 40$ they lose every year. Without that increase I would have never considered switching.
Well played Sony.

Last edited:

Kupfer

DhSNBUE.png

Wow, I wonder if such figures are reasonably representative - if so, that would be devastating for Sony.
But we're probably in a bubble here and the average user hasn't even noticed the increase.

Top Bottom