• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier gets his Privilege checked by Neil Druckmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

What time is it?
I just don't know why you call out your "friend" like that on social? Just send him a DM. This passive-aggressive stuff in public forums is so catty.

Social media has really killed people's ability to, you know, be a decent person lol.

They made up it looks like, but what a weird move by Jason. DMing exists.

Exposure. Schreier is the human embodiment of click-bait, more substantive sure, but equally as opportunistic.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
This guy could've just made an easier comparison to "The Road" and called it a day. What little violence there was evoked the feeling of discomfort and still moved the story along and is a clear influence on the games, Neil has said so. But who the fuck cares what a bunch of aging soy boys are clucking about over on twitter anyway? lol

CAB_Life

Wow he’s still going, eh? Never heard of the Streisand effect? You say/do something stupid, shut the fuck up about it and move on and hope people forget, which they usually do given their minute attention spans and social media addictions.

This is just revealing how petty and thin-skinned he is.

So a bunch of cucks are getting all whiny on social media? Why am I not surprised?

The fact that it's a game developer from one of the biggest releases of the year arguing with a 'game journalist' makes it even more hilarious. I thought these people were supposed to be professional?

Why can't these idiots keep this drama to themselves? It's like Adam Orth all over again.

Adam_Orth_meme.jpg
At least his apology is always online.

Elog

I find this idea that people should be able to participate in world-class work streams working 9 to 5 weirdly naive. No one is forced to work at ND. And great achievements require a lot of work. Nothing will change that.

This whole discussion in the gaming industry about work hours is something I find offensive and to a significant degree entitled. I have worked in creative (not games) industries since university. If you want to be where the creation is at its best you will need to work hard. No one forces you to be there in the first place - it is a personal choice.

McCheese

He's crawled back to his resetera safe haven to claim his victory prize.

I don't know Jeff and I don't really see an issue with publicly criticizing a public figure's public take. If I could rewind to Friday I would do absolutely nothing differently. The reactions here to me saying something as innocuous as "Hyperbole is fun and all but if you're thinking about comparing the new zombie video game to a movie about the Holocaust mayyyyybe hit the brakes" clearly suggest that something more is going on under the surface. Which is fine! I'm a journalist; it's perfectly fine if people in power don't like me. I'd be worried if that wasn't the case.

What a fucking hero, surprised his book doesn't come with a free cape.

Oh shit, a couple of them accidentally dropped their blinkers and figured out Jason is a bit of a dick, so now the thread is locked.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Genuine question, has Jason ever had a source that admitted they were a source after the fact? Some of the businesses he wrote about have since gone under so there is no fear. I'd say he has dealt in rumour only and has begun to belive his own hype. The only one I can think of is the bitter fucker on Twitter who worked with Naughty Dog.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're a wanna be authoritarian, a fragile little man, Jason.

You expect others to listen to the words on your pedestal, but you block the words of others that don't march in lockstep with your little self inflating ideological crusade.

You use an army of ignorance to try and bully and cancel others, yet you are afraid of being challenged one on one; it will start to show cracks in your false logic. What a baby.

bender

What time is it?

Oh shit, a couple of them accidentally dropped their blinkers and figured out Jason is a bit of a dick, so now the thread is locked.

Too bad it's locked. I'd ask him that if he isn't worried about developers liking him if he went ahead and blocked Cory like he did the twitter users who retweeted Cory.

near

Gold Member

Why are the mods there so far up this guys ass? Just read a few posts from some of them and it just seems so artificial. I wonder if Jason played a key role in forming that forum under the shadows :pie_thinking:

AmuroChan

Why are the mods there so far up this guys ass? Just read a few posts from some of them and it just seems so artificial. I wonder if Jason played a key role in forming that forum under the shadows :pie_thinking:

He promises to mention them in his books and articles. Thus giving the site more exposure and more ad revenue.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I think Bioshock Infinite leans more towards Battlefield Earth quality then Citizen Kane quality but that's just me.

Now Bioshock 1 and 2 on the other hand...
Kind has been kind to Bioshock 2. I remember a time when it was oft considered the black sheep of the trilogy.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Jason did some advertising of it at the time Resetera started and they have circled the wagon around him a few times. I remember when someone called out an article in the past 6 months and they were banned for antagonizing another member. Even though the article and not the person was attacked.

Jason is interviewing Dr Jim Beam at the moment.

near

Gold Member
He promises to mention them in his books and articles. Thus giving the site more exposure and more ad revenue.

Jason did some advertising of it at the time Resetera started and they have circled the wagon around him a few times. I remember when someone called out an article in the past 6 months and they were banned for antagonizing another member. Even though the article and not the person was attacked.

Jason is interviewing Dr Jim Beam at the moment.

What a strange little arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom