• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden suggests 'Indiana Jones' wont be exclusive. Contested by Nick, admits old info 'could be wrong'

First party timed exclusives? Can you list them?
Both Ori games were later released on the Nintendo Switch despite being published by MS.

Bethesda is still kept as its own thing internally and wasnt folded into Xbox Studios, just like Sony handled Bungie. To me that's a massive red flag that they won't limit theor sales to Xbox only, similar to how they handled the Minecraft IP.

Maybe I'm wrong and every Bethesda game will forever be an Xbox exclusive, I'll believe it when it happens and many years go by without them showing up on other platforms. But then again, I think that Gamepass showing up on Steam and later PlayStation is a matter of time.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
when PC is there is clearly the superior version of the game. Same will be for future PS5 first party
Not necessarily, depends on the GPU you have. Lots of people of (like me for example) are still rocking 1000 series cards. Also even with two 980 Pros loading times are slower.

For future first-party, there is the wait to consider, plus not all will be ported.

Dodkrake

Banned
Bungie makes live service games, which makes money from all systems. Less system means less money. That is not a good example.
"Doesn't fit my narrative, therefore bad example"

it's not like this forum doesn't overwhelmingly criticize Sony for moneyhatting a few exclusives but then gives MS a free pass for buying Bethesda and Activision.

At least just be upfront on it.

Dodkrake

Banned
What are you talking about lol. I feel like some of y'all are on a smear campaign against me. When one loses the debate, the next one jumps in their place (or next alt's place?). I'm guessing it's your turn now?

I don't even know what debate you had with someone else - but good on you for implying I'm here on an agenda or jumping on behalf of someone else, as I got a warning for the ambassadorship remark, I hope yoy also get a warning for implying what you just did.

Have a good day.

SSfox

oh-no-anyway.gif

I don't even know what debate you had with someone else -
Well... Why quote me if you weren't aware of the context?
but good on you for implying I'm here on an agenda or jumping on behalf of someone else, as I got a warning for the ambassadorship remark, I hope yoy also get a warning for implying what you just did.

Have a good day.
I didn't get one, cause I didn't spew off the lid on random people passing by. I didn't attack you, nor accuse you of something that isn't true. I don't know what I did to some folks on here, especially as I don't even post as much anymore. But holy hell I got a bunch of enemies supposedly.

Anyways, Indiana Jones games by Lucas Arts back in the day were dope. Would love for everyone to get a chance to play these.

Wohc

Banned
I said it a million times on this forum: that game is awesome. Most fun superhero game ever.
Your are the second person telling me this now, gonna give it a try sometime. Looks good on Youtube and luckily with some blood.

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

kingfey

Banned
"Doesn't fit my narrative, therefore bad example"

it's not like this forum doesn't overwhelmingly criticize Sony for moneyhatting a few exclusives but then gives MS a free pass for buying Bethesda and Activision.

At least just be upfront on it.
Who gives a pass to them?

Nobody likes these buyout.

I would have liked bethesda to be left alone. But after their fo76 and their lack of funding, it's much better for them, to be with someone who can fund them.

Plus, I am worried about the day, they stop putting their games on steam. Once their windows store is strong enough, they might put the plug for steam. That is my fear about them now.

Topher

Gold Member
You know what they did with Windows Store right?
So guess what will happen, when they cancel their steam version.

No, what did they do? Cancel Steam version? Are you saying Microsoft is going to pull their games from Steam?

SirTerry-T

Yeah, you know I won't be surprised if the new Indy is a first person game, not a third person.

Machine Games have Nazi-era architecture and enemy/weapon design down to a T already.
Could be, I've also heard that Harrison Ford is a particularly difficult bugger when it comes to granting his likeness rights these days too.

Not necessarily, depends on the GPU you have. Lots of people of (like me for example) are still rocking 1000 series cards. Also even with two 980 Pros loading times are slower.

For future first-party, there is the wait to consider, plus not all will be ported.
if you are an enthusiast gamer then I recommend you to upgrade your GPU. These will only be next-gen games and I don't think that a first party Ms will waste too much time optimizing any PS5 versionof their games, they will do whatever it takes to make their platform the best for playing their games. I also add that the convenience of updating the GPU also comes from the fact that the PC will likely be the best platform to play both Sony and Ms first parties games in the near future. The era of exclusives is coming to an end.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Your are the second person telling me this now, gonna give it a try sometime. Looks good on Youtube and luckily with some blood.
Don't worry there's blood, gore and some nice finish moves.

Edit: and some nice easter eggs

Last edited:

johnjohn

I'm down for a first person Indy game. At the very least I hope they set it apart from Uncharted and Tomb Raider as much as possible. I've had my fill of both those franchises..

johnjohn

Both Ori games were later released on the Nintendo Switch despite being published by MS.

Bethesda is still kept as its own thing internally and wasnt folded into Xbox Studios, just like Sony handled Bungie. To me that's a massive red flag that they won't limit theor sales to Xbox only, similar to how they handled the Minecraft IP.

Maybe I'm wrong and every Bethesda game will forever be an Xbox exclusive, I'll believe it when it happens and many years go by without them showing up on other platforms. But then again, I think that Gamepass showing up on Steam and later PlayStation is a matter of time.
Have fun waiting "many years" for Starfield then lol.

kingfey

Banned
No, what did they do? Cancel Steam version? Are you saying Microsoft is going to pull their games from Steam?
They are stupid. I don't trust them one bit.

If Phil spencer leaves them, then these management would turn in to suit people, like Don Mattrick.

I am glad they are supporting steam now. But if they have enough publishers, they might go to their own store. That is what I am afraid the most.

Last edited:
Have fun waiting "many years" for Starfield then lol.
Why would I need to wait? I play on PC and it will be on xCloud in no time even if that wasn't the case for me, not to mention I don't want to play Starfield anyway as I don't like Bethesda games at all.

MS letting go of PlayStation sales in an attempt to make people buy Xbox makes no sense anymore and that's just old console war mentality. Why haven't they done it with Minecraft? Why haven't they announced this Indiana Jones game as an exclusive already? Why are Sony and MS releasing their games on Steam? Why is Sony keeping Bungie games multiplatform? Why is MS keeping CoD games multiplatform? Why was MS open to release some of their exclusive games on Switch?

I find hilarious how some people get so defensive at the mere likelihood that an unreleased game that no one has seen will end up being a multiplatform like every single previous Bethesda release so far. It's inevitable that this is the direction things are moving towards, it couldn't be more clear than it already is.

'First or better or best' on Xbox as far as MS goes, it has been out in the open for ages already.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
They are stupid. I don't trust them one bit.

If Phil spencer leaves them, then these management would turn in to suit people, like Don Mattrick.

I am glad they are supporting steam now. But if they have enough publishers, they might go to their own store. That is what I am afraid the most.

Ok.....but that's a rabbit hole to get from where they are now to yanking the games from Steam. Kind of like this conversation. Think my original question was concerning your statement that no one likes these buyouts. Not sure how we got here.

kingfey

Banned
Ok.....but that's a rabbit hole to get from where they are now to yanking the games from Steam. Kind of like this conversation. Think my original question was concerning your statement that no one likes these buyouts. Not sure how we got here.
I am not a console owner, so from console perspective, it doesn't concern me one bit.
Not being on Steam is the only thing that I am concerned as a pc gamer.

John Wick

Since we are going with another subject, all the examples you guys mentioned came or will come to playstation on a later date.

Here are the games that Sony moneyhatted in the recent years that we don't know if they will come to Xbox, or even PC.

Persona 5, and strikers
Final fantasy 7 remake
Street fighter 5
Final fantasy 16

So yes, the comparison is not the same.
Show me the contract where it says that those companies weren't or aren't allowed to release those games on other platforms after their initial timed exclusivity?
Street Fighter 5 was funded by Sony.

johnjohn

Why would I need to wait? I play on PC and it will be on xCloud in no time even if that wasn't the case for me, not to mention I don't want to play Starfield anyway as I don't like Bethesda games at all.

MS letting go of PlayStation sales in an attempt to make people buy Xbox makes no sense anymore and that's just old console war mentality. Why haven't they done it with Minecraft? Why haven't they announced this Indiana Jones game as an exclusive already? Why are Sony and MS releasing their games on Steam? Why is Sony keeping Bungie games multiplatform? Why is MS keeping CoD games multiplatform? Why was MS open to release some of their exclusive games on Switch?

I find hilarious how some people get so defensive at the mere likelihood that an unreleased game that no one has seen will end up being a multiplatform like every single previous Bethesda release so far. It's inevitable that this is the direction things are moving towards, it couldn't be more clear than it already is.

'First or better or best' on Xbox as far as MS goes, it has been out in the open for ages already.
They’ve confirmed Starfield is an Xbox exclusive, I’m not sure why you won’t accept that. It’s getting a little sad. Again, please list the Xbox first party exclusives that they ported to PS at a later date. Why does Xbox have any exclusives if those don’t make any sense any more? Some of y’all seriously don’t think these wild conspiracies you have through before you post.

They’ve confirmed Starfield is an Xbox exclusive, I’m not sure why you won’t accept that. It’s getting a little sad. Again, please list the Xbox first party exclusives that they ported to PS at a later date. Why does Xbox have any exclusives if those don’t make any sense any more? Some of y’all seriously don’t think these wild conspiracies you have through before you post.
We'll see, maybe you are right, maybe I'm right, only time will tell.

As of right now Starfield is the exception and being a launch exclusive doesn't guarantee anything, times are changing. I'll own up to being wrong if by the end of 2024 it hasn't released on PlayStation.

Last edited:
Who gives a pass to them?

Nobody likes these buyout.

I would have liked bethesda to be left alone. But after their fo76 and their lack of funding, it's much better for them, to be with someone who can fund them.

Plus, I am worried about the day, they stop putting their games on steam. Once their windows store is strong enough, they might put the plug for steam. That is my fear about them now.
Yep say goodbye to mods, or any of that. I really hate the windows store more then anything. Games on it can't even be streamed like through steam link as it doesn't use normal .exe files. Would love to play forza 7 on my downstairs tv (pc is in office) but can't. I can play Halo mcc on it though as it's on steam itself. Even gog, origin, epic, games i can add to steam for streaming but not ms store games. You also can't mod them. The files are locked.

Imagine this is what Todd Howard and crew want. Restrict modding to only their pay for creation club service and servers. You want mods pay $3.99 for it, and M$ /th get their $2 cut, the 99cent minus taxes goes to the mod maker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom