• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joss Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce a Batgirl pic for WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Did they ever delay either? I think Snyder just shoots too much fuckin film

BvS started shooting in May 2014. Initial filming without the main cast started the fall before. There was a delay from Jul 2015 to May (and then March) 2016, but that was in pre-production.

Principle photography for Man of Steel started in Aug 2011. I don't remember if it was delayed at any point. I think they delayed starting it, but I am not sure that we had a firm date at that point.

I guess Justice League is coming out in November, so it's not that much shorter from the start of filming to release, even if production started in spring 2016. 19 months vs 22.

Dead Man

Hard time believing it's not gonna be this Batgirl

key-600x480.jpg

Or at least inspired by this Batgirl.

Not sold on the colour scheme but that is a great design.

Darkangel

Mel Gibson Suicide Squad
Joss Whedon Batgirl
George Miller Superman (IT COULD STILL HAPPEN!)

What a weirdly interesting cinematic universe.

Ahasverus

Didn't Warner Bros hire a trailer company to produce the final cut of Suicide Squad? Marvel might be controlling but at least there's a vision behind their interference.
That was before the executive shake up and as an after panic to BvS, the original cut of SS was finished and tested before that happened.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Cause he is putting his money to make the movies exist in the first place. Plus, there's no way he's directing all films in the DCEU, directors are allowed to leave their imprint.

yeah, i mean i am stoked for Aquaman for lots of reasons - Snyder not being anywhere near it is a bonus

but snyder did set the tone for this universe. hopefully whedon will add some much needed levity with batgirl - im sure wb wont mind a film thats appealing to young women and not nu metal fans.

tomtom94

Whedon admitted that he fucked up on Ultron as well and it was more a case of too many cooks and burnout than studio interference (as, incidentally, was the case on Suicide Squad as well), but the "evil studio messing with the creatives" narrative is set in stone I guess.

As for the movie? Sure, why not, if it gets off the ground it'll probably be decent.

make it stephanie or cassandra not boring ass barbara

or make it the 34 year old barbara turned 16 year old barbara from the reboot. that was weird

Fool me once, fool me twice, etc

fool me 11 times?

Batgirl also sucks as the title of a movie. I'm never ever saying "please a ticket for BATGIRL". I already felt weird last night when I purchased some to watch the Power Rangers.

giphy.gif

I can't wait for this to tank so Joss can blame everyone but himself again.

Even if it doesn't tank, he will still blame someone else. Shit, I am still shocked he backtracked and said it was his own fault with Ultron.

But this is some out of left field news. I am very curious to see what he does with this.

Batgirl also sucks as the title of a movie. I'm never ever saying "please a ticket for BATGIRL". I already felt weird last night when I purchased some to watch the Power Rangers.

If you're that immature to be worried about the ticket taker judging you be a real adult and buy your tickets online.

also - we hedging bets to transform this DCEU into a BCEU (BATMAN Cinematic Universe) going forward?

That what this is?

I mean, DC has been the Batverse guest-starring the Justice League since the 80s. Just look at Injustice or the DCAU. I don't think WB has much of a plan at this point, they're just throwing shit at the wall while looking at what's popular on the comic side. If Wonder Woman and Aquaman do all right, they'll make room for more of those.

Slayven

The regression of Barbara pisses me off so much. Grown ass woman that everyone from Aztek to Superman came to for help reduced to a Jonas brothers fan. Fuck you DC

Ross61

The regression of Barbara pisses me off so much. Grown ass woman that everyone from Aztek to Superman came to for help reduced to a Jonas brothers fan. Fuck you DC
You're blaming DC for a creative team taking over a character and getting critical praise and success from it and not wanting to continue it.

Litan

Nice.
It's a good pick for a Batgirl movie, especially if they go with the high-school version.

If there's one thing the DCEU seem to be doing right so far, in comparison to the competition, it's giving female heroes the spotlight early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom