• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joss Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce a Batgirl pic for WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

f6WDwnT.png

All these people begging for Whedon to get a good cinematographer, and he already had one of the best with Seamus McGarvey on Avengers. He just turned out mediocre work on that film.

A great cinematographer cannot always save a mediocre director. Just look at how Kevin Smith squandered having Robert Yeoman on Dogma.

A-V-B

I can't imagine this doing super well financially. Hopefully they give it a reasonable budget.

I think the only thing that could hurt the movie's profitability - besides it just not being a good film - is if the rest of the DCEU sees diminishing returns due to public reception. That's my only worry right now.

A-V-B

The current costume would be way too boring for a movie

Mepc6FN.jpg

Put some carbon and kevlar on that shit.

TBH I think even the comic design looks more textured than this. DC will have more resources to nail the costume in a believable manner so I'm sure it'll turn out okay without having to slap high-budget hockey pads on.

Faiz

The current costume would be way too boring for a movie

Mepc6FN.jpg

Put some carbon and kevlar on that shit.

Yeah, let's put up an average to decent cosplay to justify our opinions on the current Batgirl suit.

i actually really dislike the current Batgirl suit

guek

Banned
All that matters here is if DC has full faith in Whedon. That's the axis this whole thing will turn around.

WB is a director friendly studio but they've been uncharacteristically meddlesome with the DCEU from BvS onward. Hopefully BvS and Suicide Squad gave them a wake up call, though maybe not since they still made a shit load of money.

Good get if true.

As long as WB doesn´t cut the movie down or gives the job for the final cut to a music video studio again i´m fine with it. If you´re hiring a director let them do the movie. Hope they learned from BvS and Suicide Squad. I hope we get Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman and YES i hope we get Snyders Justice League. Even if you hate it, at least you can blame the person responsible and not some studio meddling fuckery. And i hope we get Whedon´s Batgirl.

WB. It´s time to stop!

Yoritomo

I just hope he avoids the creepy as fuck Batman & Batgirl bullshit.

Dick and Babs is fine

Batman and Batgirl feels like some creepy uncle crap.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

okdakor

Chloe Grace Moretz as Batgirl anyone?

Not too far, in fact execs just want "their" X-23 after the success of Logan. They only saw the violence and thought it would be easy to incorporate a young murderous girl in the Snyderverse. In this universe, if she only heard about Batman during the last 10 years and he's her idol... she'll be a maniac. Her role model branded criminals, wait to see what she'll do to them.
Whedon will bring the quips and boom ! Hit girl clone, add some body armor and a bat-car-lighter on her belt.

U4qjiFb.png

They seem to be leading the charge with women comic characters in a big way on film right now.

They also think it's the best way to win academy awards for best makeup and hairstyling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom