• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought Xbox Series X

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Welcome to the best ecosystem!.
Youre The Best GIF by Rhino Records

Sega Mega drive is the best

I have 32g of corsair ram and my cpu i wanna say was a top intel sku from 2018 when i built it. 2080ti is really a great 1440p card but very mid tier for 4K. And yes i understand the Series X GPU is more akin to a 2070 Super but there is something to be said about optimization for consoles being a bit better than PC these days. Theres also other components in these consoles design besides the GPU that don’t necessarily paint the whole picture from a capability standpoint as black and white as what the power of the GPU is. All in all though i do love my PC and it can run 4k games but in my experience the tinkering ive had to do with settings in the more recent releases has been annoying and always usually involves A.i upscaling (dlss) which is a brilliant technique but everyone knows it creates a little bit of a muddiness to the image and the overall sharpness of the 4k in turn for better performance. In my experience i like the way Cyberpunk looks more on my Xbox than my Pc and i spent 30 minutes at least messing with the settings trying to get 60 fps at 4k and had to sacrifice some texture qualities, shadowing, etc.
The console GPU isn't equivalent to a 2070 Super before optimization is accounted for it's after. That conclusion was made after testing shipped games not after looking at the software specs. But hey I own a PC and an Xbox (I own all consoles), they are both great. Enjoy your console!

oji-san

Banned
Enjoy it mate! very good console, try Atomic Heart, High on Life and A Plague Tale Requiem if you didn't play them yet.. they are on Game Pass, also Prey looks and plays very nice on SX.

Buggy Loop

I don't understand this logic

2080 Ti, having trouble?

Dude, if you go with console equivalent settings, you would have a better experience than console. You're putting everything at ultra++ max overdrive and wondering why it's having a hard time or something? Starfield is rumoured to be heavily CPU limited. So probably you would have gotten way better fps on PC than console.

Last edited:

Bojji

2080Ti old….xsx shiney new high end hardware…
confused ryan reynolds GIF

I don't understand this logic

2080 Ti, having trouble?

Dude, if you go with console equivalent settings, you would have a better experience than console. You're putting everything at ultra++ max overdrive and wondering why it's having a hard time or something? Starfield is rumoured to be heavily CPU limited. So probably you would have gotten way better fps on PC than console.

Yeah, hahaha.

You have OPTION (depending on your CPU) to play Starfield in 60FPS on 2080ti while you don't on Xbox. 2080ti is more capable GPU than what this console has.

Kilau

I like my Series X a lot, play it everyday but the UI is anything but “responsive” in my book. It may be easier to find things but the hitching and lag on the menus is a constant issue and YES PLEASE UPDATE THE STORE FFS months and months it asks me and I say yes every time and it just ain’t care.

Raven117

Gamepass is still a great value if there are not a lot of headline games to play.

This year...well.....Haven't fired it up much (but will for starfield).

RE4 remake on XSX was an excellent experience. Witcher 3 is great on there. The backwards compatibility for a lot of older games is sweet too.
Currently going through my first Symphony of the Night playthrough on my XSX. Also, the Judgement/Lost Judgement games are excellent on XSX.

You made a solid decision to procure one for yourself. Starfield is gonna scratch that Bethesda itch for a long time to come too.

RickMasters

Its honestly a good time to get on board! forza dn starfield just around the corner. plenty on game pass to keep you occupied in the meantime...if your in a sci fi mood, they got all the ,mass effects, no mans sky and a whole lotta starwars to pass the time until starfield releases. they got a lot of good stuff on GPU to be fair even if you dont wanna play a space game in the run up to starfield.

cireza

Have fun !

I always recommend checking BC games especially the ones that are 4K enhanced and have FPS Boost. FF XIII trilogy is a must play. Panzer Dragoon Orta is unbelievable as well.

There are also many classics that ran perfectly fine from the get go, such as Jet Set Radio.

Bojji

Lol thanks for all the positivity guys. But for thr

💵

Yeah but you know this 2080ti will give you better graphics/performance (or both) in most games?

Great console, before upgrading pc I had a lot of fun with it but with good enough PC it's not really needed (so I sold it).

SHA

Have you tried halo infinite on your rig and how does it play? I'm planning to build a new 2024 rig.

Last edited:

MikeM

Screw the haters. Enjoy the Series X. I have a PS5 and a 7900xt PC and still plan on picking one up again (solid when I built my PC).

mrcroket

First of, the xbox is great and if you enjoy it nobody can knock you for it.

But your 2080ti is more powerful than it even with the "secret sauce console optimization" which is just a combination of low/medium settings and FSR (which is worse than DLSS). It is not more capable of running native 4k than the 2080ti. In fact you probably will be able to run Starfield at 60 fps on it while its locked to 30fps on console.
People overestimate pc hardware has always... 2080ti is not better than SX on rasterization. So games that don't support DLSS or raytracing will run more or less on par with the series x.

Just look at the benchmarks where 6700XT (RDNA 2 with 13tflops, and same memory bandwidth than SX) has a performance sligthy better than 2080ti when no rtx is used.

So no, it won't run Starfield at the same quality than SX with the double of performance.

Nubulax

Wait. Your 2080Ti is on the edge and you buy an Xbox? Why not upgrade the graphics card?
The bonus also was that if you got a 6000 or 7000 series AMD card recently you also would have got Starfield Premium for free... thats how I am getting the game

Buggy Loop

People overestimate pc hardware has always... 2080ti is not better than SX on rasterization. So games that don't support DLSS or raytracing will run more or less on par with the series x.

Just look at the benchmarks where 6700XT (RDNA 2 with 13tflops, and same memory bandwidth than SX) has a performance sligthy better than 2080ti when no rtx is used.

So no, it won't run Starfield at the same quality than SX with the double of performance.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Consoles aren’t on par with 6700XT. It’s a lot closer to 5700XT

A770 manages to meet console equivalence for many games and is not even on par with a 6700XT

Then 2080 Ti

Where does it beat a 2080 Ti outside of 1080p outliers? On avg it doesn’t.

Not to mention that Starfield has all the indications that it’s CPU bound. You know how much console cpu sucks compared to PC?

He absolutely will destroy a series X

Alan Wake

Great buy.

What did you think about the out-of-the-box experience (unboxing the console)? I think it was one of the more satisfying unboxings I've done, the console's so neatly packed compared to the egg box PS5 packaging.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Congrats OP, it's a great device. Little, cool, quiet. Extremely well build and good looking.

I use mine as a BC machine and although it's getting a very limited use, every time I use it it's an absolute joy. Sometimes I entertain going back to console gaming but the fact that games don't scale up automatically to newer hardware is a big no for someone like me who mostly plays older games.

Kusarigama

Enjoy OP.

I was thinking of purchasing an Xbox series console last year just for the gamepass that was until PlayStation Plus got the new Extra tier. There's no denying that gamepass is an amazing deal but I am also satisfied with what we have with PS+ extra. I may still buy an Xbox later.

Top Bottom