• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Oh hey, convenient this thread popped up, because I actually only recently played this game. INCREDIBLY late to the party, I know. Anyway good game, impossible to explain without sounding creepy, etc. :p

I'm taking a break before I do Hanako and Rin's routes, but the rankings of the ones I've done are: Lily>Emi>Shizune.
As people including myself have said, save Rin for last.

Gazoinks

Another Lily lover I see hahaha.

It's funny, because when I first started playing the game I thought she was the least interesting character. In a way she kind of is, in that she probably has the least baggage of anyone, but I like that their story feels more straight-up romantic than the others I've played and I like that Hisao gets a lot of development in it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
They finally completed it? Last time I was here, it was being made and still experimental.

I haven't gone deep enough in the game to see what works and what doesn't yet, but yeah, I think the unofficial port is done for the most part. There was a post a little ways back of the creator of Megatokyo reading the unofficial port on a (presumably android) tablet while recovering from surgery.

I haven't gone deep enough in the game to see what works and what doesn't yet, but yeah, I think the unofficial port is done for the most part. There was a post a little ways back of the creator of Megatokyo reading the unofficial port on a (presumably android) tablet while recovering from surgery.
Cool.

It works okay. Takes a long time to load, it's a bit of a pain to install, and if you ever want to access your save files you have to root your android (that's a can of worms I don't want to open), but it's handles okay once its running.
I was wondering about the part abouy the saves. Anyways, I still need to go back and get all the bad ends and neutral end to fully 100% this badboy. I'll probably get around to it eventually now that my emotions are back at stable levels lol

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I was wondering about the part abouy the saves. Anyways, I still need to go back and get all the bad ends and neutral end to fully 100% this badboy. I'll probably get around to it eventually now that my emotions are back at stable levels lol

Yeah, rooting will void your warranty with the carrier, so be wary.

Oh yeah, some of the bad and neutral ends are rough. Rin wasn't anywhere close to one of my favorites (I actually got her bad end first, lol) but her neutral end hit me like a ton of bricks, for real.

Yeah, rooting will void your warranty with the carrier, so be wary.

Oh yeah, some of the bad and neutral ends are rough. Rin wasn't anywhere close to one of my favorites (I actually got her bad end first, lol) but her neutral end hit me like a ton of bricks, for real.

I kinda figured they would hit hard. Tis why I avoided doing them after I was done.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
CHEEZMO™;92522509 said:
You have no idea.

Only have Shizune and Lilly left. Who should I do first? Don't like Shizune tbh.

Do Shizune and save Lilly for last.

Lilly's the best. End on a good note.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So I tried to do Shizune, but it seems I didn't get in anyone's good books and this happened

fStPjbm.png

LOL

So how do I get to Shizune?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
CHEEZMO™;92676895 said:
So I tried to do Shizune, but it seems I didn't get in anyone's good books and this happened

fStPjbm.png

LOL

Kenji's Route = best route anyways

Here's how to get to Shizune's Route

Act One Choice Spoilers
  1. Yeah, of course.
  2. Ask about Shizune's deafness.
  3. She has a point. Attack aggressively!
  4. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you.
  5. She was cute.
  6. Wait for Shizune and Misha to come to a decision.
  7. Yes.
  8. Don't drag me into this! I've done my part!
  9. Take it easy.
  10. Try to dodge the subject. (This is the biggest one. If you choose the other one, you go right back to Kenji)
  11. Refuse.

CHEEZMO™;92676895 said:

fStPjbm.png

LOL

Bwahahaha...so this is how that part looks like. I never got that ending but there were many times I thought I would get that or a bad end.
It's almost been two years and I'm still mad over how half arsed the Shizune route was. ._.
I look at it now as payback for how bitchy she is. In all seriousness yeah, she got screwed over.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I still can't believe there's no Misha route. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea.

She's so much better than Shizune. WAHAHAHA~

edit: hello shizune's bro

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
CHEEZMO™;92707846 said:
I still can't believe there's no Misha route. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea.

She's so much better than Shizune. WAHAHAHA~

edit: hello shizune's bro

Oh just wait. You're gonna really love Misha and then hate 4LS for that choice even more.

Hmmh... I still prefer Misha with drills. And yes she deserved her own route, as well as that girl with on hand. I can't believe I forgot her name :/

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Don't like Shizune at all. Even when you reach the end of her route (which fucking dragged) and find out why she's the way she is I still didn't give a fuck. She's just not nice, and Hisao in her route is a total bellend too.

The best thing about it was all dat Misha but then that just makes me sad and pissed.

Top Bottom