• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC debuts Nashville Hot Chicken nationwide, "most successful test in recent history"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowzors

I bought a deep fryer yesterday specifically to try making this cause I saw a photo of real Nashville hot chicken and it looked bomb.

Any ok me got any recipes?

I just want to point out that "the most successful product testing in the company’s recent history" is a completely meaningless statement without context. How long of a period is "recent?" How do they define "success"

The article is an essentially an ad. Though I guess that should be expected from a site called "brand eating."

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just want to point out that "the most successful product testing in the company’s recent history" is a completely meaningless statement without context.

How long of a period is "recent?" How do they define "success"

The article is an essentially an ad

"The first thing they've tested that people haven't hated!"

SyNapSe

I put it in my belly.

It was covered in the sauce and pretty much looked like the commercial. I got the 2 piece box for 5.49 and it came with a side and biscuit. You get no drink though so if you need to buy one it'd make it not a very good deal.

It had a bit of a kick and was tasty. I think if I got it again I'd probably get the tenders as it was a bit messy to eat. Some of the marinate was running down my hand.

That's not the hot chicken I was expecting when clicking on this thread.

This is what hot chicken is like where i'm from :
st-hubert_hotchicken.jpg

Never saw that, but had hot roast beef sandwich growing up. Same concept minus peas and with mashed potatoes instead of fries.

Had a 2 piece drum and thigh meal for lunch. Wasnt all that spicy but tasted better than everything else at KFC. Was still too soggy though, not enough crunch, just like KFC 90% of the time.

I'm in a drive through line at this very moment ready to get my nashville on.

Will report back soon.

12400771_10154489728948989_2791356238263267699_n.jpg

It was delicious. And soaking up the extra sauce with the biscuit was delightful. Would get again.

Ponn

Banned
That's not the hot chicken I was expecting when clicking on this thread.

This is what hot chicken is like where i'm from :
st-hubert_hotchicken.jpg

What...the...f$#k is that??

I feel like some gaffers need a version of gofundme but for real food, like gofoodme or something.

Wait...
wait....
People want hot chicken WITHOUT pickles?

How is that even possible?
I mean...
Who ARE you people?

We are the bold, the righteous, the pickle-hating.

It looks pretty good, but the only KFC in my area is a combo with Taco Bell, which means that they don't have the kitchen set up to do either well.

Might grab some if I'm in the area of another, though.

hydruxo

Not normally into KFC but this looks good. Those pickles can fuck right off though, just like how Chick-Fil-A tries to ruin their sandwiches with them.

Fuck, gross. People watch those kinds of videos?

Lol seriously, I have no problem with someone enjoying their food but if you're gonna make a YouTube series out of it, maybe don't stick the camera right in your face as you fellate a fried drumstick. He could make the most delicious meal look and sound disgusting.

why go to kfc when you've got canes for your chicken and wendy's for your chicken sandwiches

also... why the hell does it have pickles on top of it

Had the Thigh and Drumstick. Meh probably won't buy again. The sauce is interesting, more sweet then anything. it can be alittle spicy when you bite into a mouth full of the seasoning.

I could see the sauce being better on Tenders. I wasn't overly impressed though

Dalek

Just tried the tenders out-=without pickles, of course. It's pretty good-nothing amazing. It's very flavorful.

I don't really understand what one little pickle slice on a piece of chicken actually adds. You're basically getting one bite of chicken and pickle and the rest of it is just chicken.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's like -12 degrees in Ohio today otherwise i would've gone out to try it.

How does this compare to Popeyes? I dont care for boneless strips. I am a thigh fan and Popeyes spicy thighs shit all over KFC chicken.

Any popeyes fans here who have tried it out?

I am asking because the nearest popeyes is like 20 minutes away. I'd rather just go to KFC.

Sky Chief

Had the three piece tenders for lunch. I thought they were really good. Unfortunately, they didn't give me any pickles but it was still tasty. Put a little honey on my last tender and that was definitely a good call.

Bought some for lunch, first time in KFC in 5+ years. Not bad but only had a small bit of heat on the bite and nothing that really remains, adequate is how I'd describe the meal. Infinitely prefer homemade oven baked thighs or korean style chicken, doubt I'll go back to KFC for another 5 years.

ColdPizza

Banned
Had the three piece tenders for lunch. I thought they were really good. Unfortunately, they didn't give me any pickles but it was still tasty. Put a little honey on my last tender and that was definitely a good call.

Yah, I knew that would be good...gonna try that next time.

Ravijn

I got a 3 piece today and it's pretty damn tasty. It's about as hot as a Chik-fil-a spicy chicken sandwich.... but I think these tenders have more flavor.

8OsO0ab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom