• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer 7 Gamepot Review [GC and PS2]

I picked up the PS2 version at gamestop.

1) My Gamecube is connected via crappy A/V cables, PS2 has component.

2) I figure the HD Loader will equal the load times between the two versions.

3) Big mistake. I should have gotten the GC version (Doh) There is some serious lagging going on when there are several enemies and they are in large rooms with heavy draw distances. Although majority confrontations seem to be one on one, sometimes the heavy areas can be annoying. Although the slow-motion kind of makes the aiming cooler at times :lol

4) Great game. God I love when Con Smith says "fuck you" "fuck you" "fuck you" after critical hitting three enemies in a row :lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Agent Icebeezy said:
Got it, the only one sold I think in Northwest Indiana as well. I was the first one to buy today at the store I got it fro

Northwest Indiana? Lake County? No you weren't the only one to buy it 3 of my friends also purchased the game (Damn them!). You sound like we live in rural Mississipi with a single corner store our area is highly populated.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Shaheed79 said:
Northwest Indiana? Lake County? No you weren't the only one to buy it 3 of my friends also purchased the game (Damn them!). You sound like we live in rural Mississipi with a single corner store our area is highly populated.

I bought it from the Babbage's in Southlake, where did they get it from?

Agent Icebeezy

C- Warrior said:
I picked up the PS2 version at gamestop.

4) Great game. God I love when Con Smith says "fuck you" "fuck you" "fuck you" after critical hitting three enemies in a row :lol

Oh SHIT!!! That is [OG LOC]GANGSTA!!![/OG LOC]

After I play Halo 2 on XBL, I'll be playing this

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Agent Icebeezy said:
I bought it from the Babbage's in Southlake, where did they get it from?

You mean Westwood Mall (use to be Southlake) off I-30? One of them got theirs from the Gamestop upstairs a few hours ago but the others I have no idea probably Best Buy or Walmart or something.

Agent Icebeezy

Shaheed79 said:
You mean Westwood Mall (use to be Southlake) off I-30? One of them got theirs from the Gamestop upstairs a few hours ago but the others I have no idea probably Best Buy or Walmart or something.

EB is up stairs, Babbage's down, yeah, you are right. It's Westwood Southlake though. It's kinda like people still refer to it (the area) as Merrillville, even though it is Hobart and they annexed it years ago. Look at your receipts sometimes, it'll still say Merrillville

But, but...Maxim gave it 2/5!

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=590973

"If you've ever seen Jessica Simpson attempt to do a load of laundry, you know the pain of seeing something beautiful move so awkwardly that it becomes ugly. If not, you can get the same sensation playing Killer 7. While it has an amazing cell-shaded, anime-influenced look that’s both stylish and striking, it also has totally unnatural and unnecessarily complicated controls that make it impossible to play. Don't toy with it for more than a couple of minutes unless you want to get continually frustrated—and murdered—after each move."

Impossible to play? Why Maxim, that sounds like a challenge! Dare I be so arrogant as to assume I could do better than the reviewer who "toyed with it" for a couple of minutes? Actually, I notice he didn't say HE toyed with it: it's not like they actually play the games they review.

Bebpo

Banned
How can it be hard? You hold a button and then stop, go into first person, tap the lock-on button, and shoot once, go back to holding a button and repeat. That's like complaining Katamari Damacy has difficult and confusing controls.

Bebpo said:
How can it be hard? You hold a button and then stop, go into first person, tap the lock-on button, and shoot once, go back to holding a button and repeat. That's like complaining Katamari Damacy has difficult and confusing controls.

Like Capcom always seems to do, the JPN and NA versions are different.

Nothing as drastic as DMC3, but in the NA version of Killer 7, there is no auto-aim to the critical target point.

Also it's slightly harder in general. As in --- in fewer hits you die.

"Fuck you" "fuck you" "fuck you" "fuck you!!!"

haha...god I'm easily amused lol

SantaC

C- Warrior said:

Nothing as drastic as DMC3, but in the NA version of Killer 7, there is no auto-aim to the critical target point.

Also it's slightly harder in general. As in --- in fewer hits you die.

"Fuck you" "fuck you" "fuck you" "fuck you!!!"

haha...god I'm easily amused lol

dan is the man though. I only leveled up 3 characters

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
C- Warrior said:
Where'd you read this?

As for the auto-aim to criticals,
certain characters (Con and KAEDE) will earn the ability after powering up their skills.

got paid today so I bought this with the quickness

I've been looking forward to this game since it was first announced can't wait to play it hopefully this weekend I'll get to

Unison

I got the GC version today... initial impressions were a little skeptical, but by the end of the first level, I was really grooving on the game's style and play. It's way too early to give final impressions, but so far, it's pretty great. The gameplay isn't as limited as I had feared... possibly my years of playing point & click adventures have made me immune to feeling I'm not interacting enough with a game though.

Top Bottom