• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krafton stock down following Callisto Protocols MC score

SJRB

Gold Member
Huh, maybe forming a new studio and a new IP while saying your new game will not only revolutionize the genre but will lift the entire videogame medium as a whole to new qualitative heights even though you're basically making a game that literally came out like 12 years ago is not such a good idea after all.

I mean, talk about shooting yourself in the foot, holy crap.

So I was right about the score prediction. Who would have thought otherwise? The guy was selling it like it was the next big thing. No. Stop it. It is Dead Space but different with little to no innovation (gore system looks explend though).

It would never hit high 80s or 90s. That's simply a fact.

Gudji

Two phil spencer avatars in a row, the smell of gamepass is in the air, huh?
Smells Like Reaction GIF by Klarna

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just you wait for the news from PC, it'll fall down even further after that. What a disaster, jfc.

Last edited:

ungalo

Pretty sad for Schofield but honestly they should have spent less on marketing and more on the game. Still buying it, i hope it's not a total flop.

jaysius

Banned
This is good, it's showing companies that they can't put out shit and get big pay days. If only this happened to Nintendo with Pokemon Scarlet/Violet we might get a working game out of that sooner.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So is this going to be Days Gone all over again?

People screaming bomba because it got a score in the 70's at launch only for a couple of years later to start berating the developers for their lack of vision in not immediately green-lighting a follow-up?

sainraja

That's a solid score, what's wrong with it? Most games should probably have that score.
It's odd there is this score out of 100, but anything below 85 is bad.
Utterly stupid
Scores influence things too much. Specially now when you can wait till release and watch video footage of gameplay etc to make your decision.

So is this going to be Days Gone all over again?

People screaming bomba because it got a score in the 70's at launch only for a couple of years later to start berating the developers for their lack of vision in not immediately green-lighting a follow-up?
Wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Banned
AAAA game that seems is just a worse copy of Dead Space and runs like dog shit on high end PC's....

I expected this from day 1, but was hoping it won't be... oh well...

hey at least Dead Space is getting a remake! and it's not UE4, so the PC version should be fine for that one as well.
the Frostbite engine runs absolutely fine on PC.

Last edited:

YuLY

Pretty sad for Schofield but honestly they should have spent less on marketing and more on the game. Still buying it, i hope it's not a total flop.
Pretty much. Instead of focusing on adding Denuvo DRM, thinking of making Death Animation DLCs and all that marketing, maybe they should have just focused on making a better game.

Zuzu

From what people are saying online and the videos on YouTube the game is straight broken on PC. If you release a broken product, then you’re risking bad consequences.

Verchod

I guess it's just the fact that games industry is hit driven business. Why spend time on mediocre games if they're is better alternatives.
Because there aren't. Or I should say there are but don't get given the same score as one particular game that may of released some time ago but had a great score. How many games of each genre get multiple releases in a year and get really high scores. They're an exception to the rule, and a lot of the time reviews are over inflating a game because its high profile because of known brand or publisher.
I guess its also the fault of us gamers as well as reviewers, some people don't buy games with slightly lower scores.

CamHostage

This is good, it's showing companies that they can't put out shit and get big pay days. If only this happened to Nintendo with Pokemon Scarlet/Violet we might get a working game out of that sooner.

Unfortunately, that will not be the takeaway. In the financial world, the response to negative response to off-brand product diversification attempts is that the company should take fewer risks.

And in the Pokemon case, the sales figures will be so clearly positive that there will be pushback or downturns from a choice to delay a product (especially in the holiday season) purely for quality reasons.

Product makers try their best to make things good and on time, but investors don't care if you the gamer are a happy owner, they just care about their money.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Gold Member
Seems a bit extreme.
Maybe a delay & a little more polish would've helped.

I haven't played the game myself, but player reviews on series X/ps5 seem fairly positive.

Pc players seem justifiable annoyed with the product though.

Seems a bit extreme.
Maybe a delay & a little more polish would've helped.

I haven't played the game myself, but player reviews on series X/ps5 seem fairly positive.

Pc players seem justifiable annoyed with the product though.

They have to decide whether a few months is worth the losses in duplicative marketing costs. As you may have noticed there is a huge marketing campaign for this game. Those ad buys have already happened.

Delay it for 3 months have to spend another 30 million dollars on advertising and the grade only shifts 2 points. That's not even getting into the increased development costs. Obviously, I'm making some things up, but hopefully, you see my point.

Bigger companies can afford to delay games, but smaller ones aren't able to absorb that so easily, especially when they go all in on marketing and are trying to get some xmas dollars in there.

150 Sony devs

Thanks Jim 🙃
Has nothing to do with Sony, Sony had nothing to do with development ore making the game. Sony has on of the best motion capture studios in the industry.
Thats the only thing Sony has done, and for the motion capturing they did a Hell of a job.
The only one to blame is Glen and his studio. Glen could better shut up before the release he was overpromising and in the end underdeliverd end of story. Calling his game an AAAA game was just stupid...

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I guess its also the fault of us gamers as well as reviewers, some people don't buy games with slightly lower scores.
I personally start to hate review culture in gaming industry, which exist is GAF itself, if the game score blow 8- 9 its considered complete trash.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Probably good news for me, the game should hit the bargain bin pretty soon. It seems OK, but not 70 euro OK.
Guaranteed bargain binning. Wouldnt be surprised at a big Xmas deal. Its also a SP focused game so it'll be dumped fast early next year at a perma dropped price.

That's a solid score, what's wrong with it? Most games should probably have that score.
It's odd there is this score out of 100, but anything below 85 is bad.
Utterly stupid
I´ts not a solid score. The metacritic scale basically starts at 70 and goes to 100. Game reviewers are dependent on early review copies. So If they give a game a terrible review the devs are not gonna send them early review copies in the future. If they don´t get early copies they don´t make money. Hence a game having a Metacritic score below 80 is the equivalent of a "D" school grade. They are not gonna score a game below 70 no matter how bad because as I said they are dependend on review copies.

Metacritic is also a nonsensical way to judge a games quality since metacritic score is also heavily influenced by wokeness, popularity of the IP and who the dev is.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I´ts not a solid score. The metacritic scale basically starts at 70 and goes to 100. Game reviewers are dependent on early review copies. So If they give a game a terrible review the devs are not gonna send them early review copies in the future. If they don´t get early copies they don´t make money. Hence a game having a Metacritic score below 80 is the equivalent of a "D" school grade. They are not gonna score a game below 70 no matter how bad because as I said they are dependend on review copies.

Metacritic is also a nonsensical way to judge a games quality since metacritic score is also heavily influenced by wokeness, popularity of the IP and who the dev is.
Also, the metacritic score isn't even equally weighed. They have a hidden algorithm that gives more weighting to some sites more than others (I'm going to guess by some kind of website ranking or traffic score). MC doesn't have the balls to tell people the exact methodology either. They claim it's based on stature and quality of review but that's a load of shit. There is no way MC sits there and analyses the quality of every review for everything they compile based on a subjective opinion on whether it's a well written article or not. But something like giving a higher weighting to stature (ie. hits and traffic) is easy to adjust the points.

So whichever sites have a heavier hand in the final score (lets say IGN and Gamespot for sake of argument), their scores might swing an overall score a few points up or down if they gave a really good or bad score. Or maybe they skew the results only 0.1 pts. Who knows because they dont tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom