• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krafton stock down following Callisto Protocols MC score

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Krafton was not a good fit for a AAA single-player game. I need to read how the devs ended up going with a Korean publisher for this game. Weird.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Krafton was not a good fit for a AAA single-player game. I need to read how the devs ended up going with a Korean publisher for this game. Weird.
Wiki says this. The studio was part of PUBG/Krafton already.

The origins of The Callisto Protocol began with the formation of Striking Distance as a studio within PUBG Corporation (now PUBG Studios) in June 2019, helmed by Glen Schofield, who had previously co-created the Dead Space series at Visceral Games. The studio was created to expand the PUBG: Battlegrounds universe by creating a narrative driven game.[6] Schofield said that when he met with PUBG Corporation where they explained their goal to expand the PUBG narrative, he already had the concept for The Callisto Protocol in mind and presented that to them and worked with them to fit his idea into their universe.[7] However, by May 26 2022, Schofield stated that the game had grown to be its own story and is no longer connected to PUBG, though there remain small nods to the latter.[8][9]

I haven't finished it yet but the first hour and a half I like more than I liked the original dead space. It could well fall off a cliff but I don't know yet. It starts off pretty strong.
see, for me, it only took a couple hours to figure out that dead space wasn't just 'pretty good'. even that early on, i felt it was more in 'very, very good, has the possible makings of a classic' territory. & it wasn't a game that came saddled with the kinds of expectations that this one comes with...

but, yeah, it's all subjective. have fun!...

jigglet

Banned
Very few single player games can rise to the level of “pillar” when compared to a successful GaaS game. Investors were idiots to set these expectations. And even if you do have a lightning in a bottle the discipline to sustain a “pillar” single player franchise is so hard.

ParaSeoul

Two phil spencer avatars in a row, the smell of gamepass is in the air, huh?
John Witherspoon Funk GIF

Top Bottom