• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the Ion Storm Partee

Well I went and bough Deus Ex:IW and Thief:DS on Saturday and I've been pleasantly surprised. Invisible War isn't as bad as I'd feared. Its not a patch on the original but i can see why its been done, although i do miss the juggling of items in a proper inventory and the checking of notes to make sure i've got the keycode right. I felt the first mission was great with the building going all shaky whilst you have no idea whats going on. I'm not far in but the amount of stuff to do is still high as in the original, although the amount of loading sequences is quite annoying.

Thief:DS is thief, its changed a bit, a tad easier, no rope arrows, no sword, small city etc But its still the Thief i love, I'm fast approaching the end but I've definately enjoyed it. Some of the new additions are great, such as the lockpicks but why they left out things such as the scout orb is beyond me and no swimming? Still 3rd person view is great, i don't use it a lot but when i do it functions very well. Factions lead to a bit more interesting situations (its fun to watch them fight on your side) and theres quite a number of side quests (some difficult to find) to keep you busy.

I'm surprised and happy, I was afraid Ion Storms xbox alliance was going to result in 2 badly damaged games but its not anywhere near that. Thats all, Taffer

Finished Thief last night, the ending was brilliant, Although i haven't played the first one (yet) it made sense to me :)

The last few levels before the run around the city bit were great as well. The Cradle was just woah, i really didn't want to open the door to the attic but i knew i had to. Then when u enter the inner area and u see SOMETHING run past the doorway ahead of you! Nothing like being stuck in a building that was once an orphanage AND an Insane Asylum.

The museum was classic thief, I think i enjoyed getting the medallion off the big statue the best, was quite difficult that. But it was great how there was just loot everywhere, and the fake painting har!

Now onto Deus Ex:IW!

Top Bottom