• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Kotaku L

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Modern western society - it is okay to say that. Do you see public outcry? Do you see the game being censored? Do you see other media with similar content? Wake up you clown. I am not saying I agree with any of it, but you are deluded if you don't think saying that is accepted in society. Because it is.
Relax. I know one side gets more latitude to say dumb things than others. Just because it is doesn't corporations should support it in their products.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Kotaku like to act like they stand up for something, but they are the kings of inflmatory click bait. The funniest saddest part is the second you call them out, they edit/redact whatever brain fart they approved in the first place.

Relax. I know one side gets more latitude to say dumb things than others. Just because it is doesn't corporations should support it in their products.

Corporations have no ethics and will put whatever they think sells in their games. The current idea is that being woke sells, which we all know doesn't work and the market will start cutting back on that cringe shit.

I'd actually say Alan Wake 2 is a bad example of this. The game is clearly a weird passion project from a team with a unique vision doing something they care about with a clear artistic vision. It never felt like a game designed to please the masses even though it's the best looking game I've ever played and blows all the other AAA games out the water.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Have you played the game? Completed it and nothing stood out to me as woke or cringe. It's an excellent game.
There's literally one line of dialogue that's id consider a bit woke but that was it. I don't know where this game being accused of being woke comes from.

There's literally one line of dialogue that's id consider a bit woke but that was it. I don't know where this game being accused of being woke comes from.

Because there is a black female protagonist. Even though I'd say she's one of the least annoying protagonists I've played in the last 5 years. Also it's not like they pulled a Sony and made her ugly or odd looking, which seems to be a trend with a lot of female characters I still don't understand. So yeah - complaints are baffling to me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It seems they're desperate for attention. It might not take long for this shit website cease to exist.
They totally are.

Check out their YT channel. Aside from some videos that do well (for them) like some Baldurs Gate 3 videos getting 50,000 views, most of their videos going back half a year only get about 1,000 views. Thats it. Many are less than that.

A random guy uploading a video about how to repair a picnic table probably gets more views.

When my buddies ran a game site after dinner and uploaded previews and reviews or whatever ramblings they felt like saying they'd even get 1,000 or more views for many videos. And they had a day job.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yall remember the time last year when I got cancelled on twitter because I made a silly jab at Kotaku on some event signage? Good times.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yall remember the time last year when I got cancelled on twitter because I made a silly jab at Kotaku on some event signage? Good times.
How Dare You Greta GIF

proandrad

Erased a White character and replaced her with black:
maxresdefault.jpg

Just so the black could shit on White people:
2n1e6dx.jpeg

The scene is literally about her being taken over by negative thought and insecurity. But let’s ignore context and go full retard; Alan Woke.

rob305

Have you played the game? Completed it and nothing stood out to me as woke or cringe. It's an excellent game.
The only thing that felt cringe was the other detective having to mention that shes a lesbian, but at this point I'm already used to it since every game does it. I swear almost every game has lesbians in them yet I dont know a single one

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The only thing that felt cringe was the other detective having to mention that shes a lesbian, but at this point I'm already used to it since every game does it. I swear almost every game has lesbians in them yet I dont know a single one
To be fair, it requires going outside to meet people. And who wants to do that shit.

when they start inserting black characters when nobody asked, thats obviously agenda driven despite all the "natural complexity" they pad it with.
What are you talking about? Nobody "asked" for Alan to be white in the first game, when it was a new IP. He could've easily been black. If there was heavy emphasis on her race and gender in their marketing (cough cough Forspoken) I would understand... If it was a race swap I understand... (And don't even think about citing her from the QB teaser trailer which was nothing more than a concept. You had no connection to that character. There's no way it bothers you this much) She's a new character, what the fuck are you crying about? You sound like a bitch to be frank. This is exactly what radical leftists do. "Oh my God all the characters in the game have to be sexes and races we approve of or it's evil". You're doing the same thing on the opposite side, stfu already.

nkarafo

So far all the community notes I've seen have been fact based. So if someone is posting something that contradicts known facts from credible sources, then that's when they usually pop up.
Twitter is owned by Musk though so it doesn't really count since he is on the based side mostly. But all the other platforms not so much.

Dacvak

when they start inserting black characters when nobody asked, thats obviously agenda driven despite all the "natural complexity" they pad it with.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

What are you talking about? Nobody "asked" for Alan to be white in the first game, when it was a new IP. He could've easily been black. If there was heavy emphasis on her race and gender in their marketing (cough cough Forspoken) I would understand... If it was a race swap I understand... (And don't even think about citing her from the QB teaser trailer which was nothing more than a concept. You had no connection to that character. There's no way it bothers you this much) She's a new character, what the fuck are you crying about? You sound like a bitch to be frank. This is exactly what radical leftists do. "Oh my God all the characters in the game have to be sexes and races we approve of or it's evil". You're doing the same thing on the opposite side, stfu already.
relax son, its just one person's based opinion on the internet. you cant sjw-strongarm me into sharing your anti-kotaku beliefs. only one crying is you obviously. where are all these babies coming from suddenly

relax son, its just one person's based opinion on the internet. you cant sjw-strongarm me into sharing your anti-kotaku beliefs. only one crying is you obviously. where are all these babies coming from suddenly
Idgaf about Kotaku and I'm far from sjw, you can check my posts... But of course if someone doesn't agree with you on one point you take it all the way to sjw. Just like the purple ppl take it "bigot". Corny

But I'm glad to call out a hypocrite when I see one.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Corporations have no ethics and will put whatever they think sells in their games. The current idea is that being woke sells, which we all know doesn't work and the market will start cutting back on that cringe shit.

I'd actually say Alan Wake 2 is a bad example of this. The game is clearly a weird passion project from a team with a unique vision doing something they care about with a clear artistic vision. It never felt like a game designed to please the masses even though it's the best looking game I've ever played and blows all the other AAA games out the water.

One of the issues is also this stupid and lame new theory that anything that's considered "woke" was only put into a show\movie\game because they are trying to pander and sell something. Which is equally stupid and brain-dead thinking. Your example of Alan Wake 2 was literally the best example of this in video games last year.

Top Bottom