• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Writer Sam Maggs confirms that Rivet is canonically a lesbian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasicat

All of this and I figured Qwark would be the first to push these boundaries:

Y6ryiom.jpg

McCheese

Must be a nightmare trying to avoid these nutjobs in California.

Not really, companies drill it into their HR department that they need to be seen as progressive, but the only minorities who want to get into the overworked and underpaid video game industry are men with pink hair, or cosplaying women with daddy issues who crave working in a male dominated workspace so they can flex.

You do get some genuine women and minorities, but they would get hired either way because they are actually skilled. So the companies are really just sabotaging themselves hiring these people.

Look where she went to next, magic the gathering and social justice comics. Everyone who hires these people end up losing money

Dr Bass

You know ... based on how she comes across in that other video about GTA, I think the title of this video might specifically be only referring to her "head canon." I don't think Rivet's anything in terms of what Insomniac thinks if ol' Maggs was complaining and whining this much about everything on the job.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
All my fellow Canadians on GAF, we need to collectively combine our shit posting magical power into one big stereotypical apology on behalf of this woke sister of ours.

genki-dama-spirit-bomb.gif

Clearly we need to do better at training our students in "literatures of modernity"

steve-brule-bored.gif

Last edited:

McCheese

Wait what, so she didn’t even come up with the name? After kicking up a stink about it.

She blatantly says she named her, praised IGN for correcting the article to say she named Rivet, then someone name dropped the intern who actually suggested the name and she says yup that’s true but it was a team effort or her guidelines they used to come up with the name…

Complete nut job.

BTW Im pro the character being gay.

But it seems like she left, she doesnt have a say. Leadership disagreed with her creative stances. And the name isn’t all that. LOL. What your boss says goes.

BaneIsPain

I'm guessing this type of people dominating in western gaming development, yeah? The one that emphasizes sexual orientation.
Someone needs to tell them most gamers dgaf about this. If something can be rule 34, it shall be.

Holammer

For the next R&C game they should have Rivet thirsting over Ratchet the entire game. Get some of that old 'will they or won't they' sexual tension in there, complete with a curvy new costume for her.

That or end her like Poochie.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The icing on the cake is her tweet to an intern who called her out about who came up with the name is saying to pass on her saying hi to the team. That's how much of a fucking mess someone is that they don't stay in contact with any work colleagues. Roaring out lomax tiddies at work colleagues is sackable in almost every place of employment.

How empty must this woman's life be to get agitated on the Internet about the sexual orientation of a:
  1. Fictional
  2. Digital
  3. Anthropomorphic
  4. Animal
As many others have already said in the thread, she actually sounds very unstable.

LGBT-GAF, this woman (and people like her) is doing your cause NO favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom