• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Most of this game has snowballed off of the early jungle fight, hopefully TSM can not fall into that again.

Edit: I love him, but Phreak has been annoying as hell so far this tourney.

AcridMeat

Banned
Playing any kind of tournament on the new patch would be insane. There are so many problems with it.
I don't see how that isn't anything but a benefit when this is a small tournament that no one really cares about. It would give so much more data for balancing, and be way more entertaining than watching something that won't exist for the season.

Trace

Banned
I don't see how that isn't anything but a benefit when this is a small tournament that no one really cares about. It would give so much more data for balancing, and be way more entertaining than watching something that won't exist for the season.

IEM is not a small tournament, and $175,000 is not a small amount of money. Is it Worlds? No. But it is one of the bigger LoL tournaments.

AcridMeat

Banned
That doesn't do anything to convince me playing on the new patch would make it worse. I didn't see that newegg made a donation to the 1st place pool, but 2nd is still only 30k.

Trace

Banned
That doesn't do anything to convince me playing on the new patch would make it worse. I didn't see that newegg made a donation to the 1st place pool, but 2nd is still only 30k.

The new patch has significant bugs, major balance issues, and huge minion pathing issues. Rumble is almost unplayable, and when you consider that he's being played in this game at the moment it would kind of throw competitive balance out the window. Riot doesn't use tournaments to test balance changes, that's kind of a horrible idea.

AcridMeat

Banned
The new patch has significant bugs, major balance issues, and huge minion pathing issues. Rumble is almost unplayable, and when you consider that he's being played in this game at the moment it would kind of throw competitive balance out the window. Riot doesn't use tournaments to test balance changes, that's kind of a horrible idea.
Didn't know about the pathing issues, admittedly I've only played a handful of games on this patch.

That said there's always been balancing issues. If it's that horrible, disable (a) champ(s). I maintain that this tournament is much less entertaining to me because it doesn't include any of the new changes.

Trace

Banned
Didn't know about the pathing issues, admittedly I've only played a handful of games on this patch.

That said there's always been balancing issues. If it's that horrible, disable (a) champ(s). I maintain that this tournament is much less entertaining to me because it doesn't include any of the new changes.

You can't have a competitive tournament without a competitive environment.

Aye, and what bearing does that have on individual play?
This isn't solo Q and teams have been playing a completely different game for the past couple weeks. Not trying to make excuses, they clearly need work as they should be, but the circumstances of this tournament are not indicative of anything for any team, bad or good.

Hell, Regi himself said they'd probably suck at IEM.

Leezard

FreeSM lives on.
rrOPtgn.png

That is twice that caster has called Kindred, Kalista.

Three times total for the match. I can't tell if the other casters are just observing best practices (it's sort of like improv, you aren't supposed to outright contradict the other guy) or if they're having themselves a laff at this point.

Deman at least tried to do the subtle non-confrontational correction the third time. ("Yes, Kindred's damage is just massive.")

Crazy match. CLG appeared to completely forget about 5th dragon for Jin Air and sent Stixxay top while they had baron and two inhibs down letting Jin Air back in. Then that all-or-nothing ending.

Skux

That was a thriller. I hope Riot realises how important late game is and puts it back into the game in the next preseason patch.

zkylon

zkylewd
saintvicious: "lee sin is really strong into kindred cos whenever she ults he can just kick her out of her ult and kill her"

rito costy

OmakeGifAnime-KilllaKill-Episode24END-MakoCries_zps1384e506.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
rito shouldn't have given kindred a cute butt

or something

but like seriously it's a flaw in her design if not even your casters can be bothered to pretend it's two champions :p

it's not even a marksmen thing cos marksmen is a thing of being used to call adcs adc, this is just a really forced thing that doesn't work with the way kindred looks and is interpreted by players

still funny to see rito costy freak about about it haha

Yep, that was exactly the sort of jungle team fight I expected when CLG locked in this team composition. The most annoying. (Fun to watch, though!)

Top Bottom