• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

That prize pool.... well atleast is higher than last year's.

It's the same as last year I believe. Riot spends most of its prize pool money in yearly salaries to the players so that they don't have to be a world caliber team to form and live off of the game.

Group D is never getting updated apparently.

Sorry! I tried to get it all out this morning, but I didn't have time. I moved apartments today and unfortunately Comcast shit the bed in setting up service at my new place so I am without internet on my computer until tomorrow most likely. Posting from my phone right now.

It's the same as last year I believe. Riot spends most of its prize pool money in yearly salaries to the players so that they don't have to be a world caliber team to form and live off of the game.

Sorry! I tried to get it all out this morning, but I didn't have time. I moved apartments today and unfortunately Comcast shit the bed in setting up service at my new place so I am without internet on my computer until tomorrow most likely. Posting from my phone right now.

I'm curious, what are the salaries Riot pays out in Korea/China anyway?

If Rito pays enough that people in latin america (not including brasil) can - somewhat - live of it. And some teams even have gaming house, I can only guess how much money the players in Korea/China get from their organization, rito, etc.

BlazinAm

Having a bunch of people pile into the mumble server and collectively lose their shit is a highlight for me when it comes to Worlds.

I'm curious, what are the salaries Riot pays out in Korea/China anyway?

If Rito pays enough that people in latin america (not including brasil) can - somewhat - live of it. And some teams even have gaming house, I can only guess how much money the players in Korea/China get from their organization, rito, etc.

Korea gets less than NA and EU. Most of their money earned comes from winnings.

China and Korea also don't get paid by Riot since Riot doesn't run their leagues. Kespa handles Korea and Tencent allows a company called PLU to run and broadcast League. Of course, Chinese companies pay its team a shitton in salary.

HORRORSHØW

Here is a countdown: Almost there!
not working for me.

you can use this:
t1443708000z1.png

Yellowstar #8 above a shitton of god players, Riot's countdown is an absolute joke pandering to other regions.

Wolf is a hundred times better than Yellowstar and he'll probably miss the list at this point.

Rumors out of Korean/Chinese teams have been fairly mixed, but EDG said that CLG is the team to fear out of the west, not Fnatic.

Quite obvious really. Fnatic has a free ride in an easy region with a bunch of target dummies.

I am sure the EDG coach is saying it because of scrim results. This World's meta is all about triple threat comps, and I don't even think any Fnatic lane is a real threat.

Edwardo

Is anyone down to join a DraftKings league if I make one? I'd prefer to do one for money, but free can be fun too.

Yellowstar #8 above a shitton of god players, Riot's countdown is an absolute joke pandering to other regions.

Wolf is a hundred times better than Yellowstar and he'll probably miss the list at this point.

Quite obvious really. Fnatic has a free ride in an easy region with a bunch of target dummies.

I am sure the EDG coach is saying it because of scrim results. This World's meta is all about triple threat comps, and I don't even think any Fnatic lane is a real threat.

Wolf is the weakest member of SKT, he doesn't really deserve a Top 20 spot because of that, even if he is better than YellowStar. I think Fnatic is solid in each lane, but they really can't make the same early mistakes they normally do or they will be capitalized by the better teams at Worlds.

I'm biased as a CLG stan but I think they would beat Fnatic based on each teams finals performance.

Is anyone down to join a DraftKings league if I make one? I'd prefer to do one for money, but free can be fun too.

I would be in for $10 or $20.

Wolf is the weakest member of SKT, he doesn't really deserve a Top 20 spot because of that, even if he is better than YellowStar. I think Fnatic is solid in each lane, but they really can't make the same early mistakes they normally do or they will be capitalized by the better teams at Worlds.

I'm biased as a CLG stan but I think they would beat Fnatic based on each teams finals performance.

Whaaa? Every member of SKT shits on everyone else in the world. They should be all top 5 spots on that list.

Wolf makes insane plays and completely shits on Picaboo in the summer finals with his support Kennen. Like who plays support kennen these days in a clutch finals match and pull it off?

And look at these seasonal plays he makes with Alistar. Fucking beast mode all season long with his perfect headbutt-flash-pulverize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5iMxaHxxSA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xMbCEGHzLc

And he has had tons of Annie and Janna games where he literally sets up 20 kills for his team so Faker can get MVP with 15-0.

Edit: holy shit Piglet left Team Liquid. What a trash team. I hope Piglet goes to TIP and replaces that shit ADC Apollo or something. He deserves a good team.

janoDX

SKT is on the same ride as Fnatic, I would say LGD and EDG will defeat SKT on the Top 8, maybe SKT will defeat EDG on groups because EDG will hold strategies.

Whaaa? Every member of SKT shits on everyone else in the world. They should be all top 5 spots on that list.

Wolf makes insane plays and completely shits on Picaboo in the summer finals with his support Kennen. Like who plays support kennen these days in a clutch finals match and pull it off?

And look at these seasonal plays he makes with Alistar. Fucking beast mode all season long with his perfect headbutt-flash-pulverize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5iMxaHxxSA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xMbCEGHzLc

And he has had tons of Annie and Janna games where he literally sets up 20 kills for his team so Faker can get MVP with 15-0.

Edit: holy shit Piglet left Team Liquid. What a trash team. I hope Piglet goes to TIP and replaces that shit ADC Apollo or something. He deserves a good team.

Obviously each member of SKT is near the top in their respective role, but I would still have a hard time putting each member of any single team in a Top 20 list and I think either Wolf or Bang would be the odd member out for SKT due to their relative importance on the team compared to the rest.

There are better individual players than them in China as well, so no way should they occupy the Top 5 even on skill alone, when imp, GODV, Acorn, ClearLove and Pyl exist.

I doubt Piglet stays in NA, he might find a home in either Korea or China.

SKT is on the same ride as Fnatic, I would say LGD and EDG will defeat SKT on the Top 8, maybe SKT will defeat EDG on groups because EDG will hold strategies.

LCK isn't EU bruh.

Obviously each member of SKT is near the top in their respective role, but I would still have a hard time putting each member of any single team in a Top 20 list and I think either Wolf or Bang would be the odd member out for SKT due to their relative importance on the team compared to the rest.

There are better individual players than them in China as well, so no way should they occupy the Top 5 even on skill alone, when imp, GODV, Acorn, ClearLove and Pyl exist.

I doubt Piglet stays in NA, he might find a home in either Korea or China.

Bang and Wolf is the #1 botlane in the World. Even better than Imp/PYL.

Nah. Maybe Top 3 behind Deft/Meiko and imp/Pyl.

The thing is deft and imp may be better ADCs, but they haven't shown great synergy with their Chinese counterparts because they only played a year with them.

Bang and Wolf have been together in the professional scene for 3 years, and both players are highly skilled and have had carry performances year long.

imp and Pyl have improved, but Meiko fucks off and dies, then Deft can still carry the game by himself. It's not a good botlane performance as a pair for EDG.

Nekofrog

Banned
it still legit blows my mind that Cloud9 is even at worlds

what they went through to get there seems like a dream

i took thursday/friday off just for this.

Bacon

Yep it's fucking crazy. So many teams in na had a chance to keep them out of worlds and didn't do it

Hai moving out of C9 was the biggest mistake.

When he came back to lead the team, they were definitely top 4, but had to make up for too many losses.

Nekofrog

Banned
i mean even doing really really stupid shit like smite/exhaust shyvana jungle, MULTIPLE TIMES, and they still made it to worlds lol

zkylon

zkylewd

you took days off? that's awesome

i'm a bit lucky with the hours that most of the good games are early in the morning here so i can watch one or two then go to work. i'm gonna miss a couple good ones but i guess i can do vods for those

tho time also sucks cos it's not that great to get together with friends at like 9 am of a sunday

The thing is deft and imp may be better ADCs, but they haven't shown great synergy with their Chinese counterparts because they only played a year with them.

Bang and Wolf have been together in the professional scene for 3 years, and both players are highly skilled and have had carry performances year long.

imp and Pyl have improved, but Meiko fucks off and dies, then Deft can still carry the game by himself. It's not a good botlane performance as a pair for EDG.

I'll take your word on this for now as I've only seen LPL and LCK playoffs and some random regular splits series for each team and it sounds like you have a better grasp on it than me for now. I'm going off the few games I have watched and what analysts like Monte and Thorin are saying.

They really did make a miracle run. I am hoping they go more crazy snowball comps to try and catch teams off guard like the Draven pick did. I think it is their best hope at stealing some games. I'll be watching the games in the background at work or catching up with VODs. I'll try to keep the thread up-to-date after I get home each night.

i mean even doing really really stupid shit like smite/exhaust shyvana jungle, MULTIPLE TIMES, and they still made it to worlds lol

I think the Shyvana pick works on the condition that you get Ori mid to provide follow up CC and utility. Each time they picked Shyv, they picked up Ori to compliment it if my memory is correct. It isn't the worst pick, I wish more junglers would try to just throw off teams with oddball competitive picks.

RIP TSM. Group of Death indeed.

Hoping CLG kicks some ass and hopefully Xmithie can get this Visa issus worked out for Quarterfinals.

I'll take your word on this for now as I've only seen LPL and LCK playoffs and some random regular splits series for each team and it sounds like you have a better grasp on it than me for now. I'm going off the few games I have watched and what analysts like Monte and Thorin are saying.

I think synergy in botlane is underrated. People probably thinking LGD and EDG have the best botlane because of imp and deft, but synergy isn't as strong.

That's why I think CLG's botlane is insanely strong because Rush Hour is just so good, and I would put them at #3 below SKT and LGD botlane. I would have put them at #2 if Imp wasn't the best ADC and PYL wasn't a Chinese Mata.

Just look at how much fun they are having just before Worlds. This kind of mentality is what players need to be able to play their best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJMCcfFIf8

youtch for liquid, they really messed up all the talent they had somehow

maybe they weren't easy personalities or whatever, but such a waste of good players
It's confirmed fake, Piglet just extended his contract for another year and sounds like Fenix is staying too. Someone at Liquid just got baited into leaking shit so hard.

4 spots left in that crappy Riot top 20. Rookie at #5 is kinda surprising even if I do like him, but PYL is well placed.

I think the last 4 should be Faker, Imp, Kakao, and GodV... or Bengi.

It's confirmed fake, Piglet just extended his contract for another year and sounds like Fenix is staying too. Someone at Liquid just got baited into leaking shit so hard.

OBiaGat.gif

Noshino

Hai moving out of C9 was the biggest mistake.

When he came back to lead the team, they were definitely top 4, but had to make up for too many losses.

definitely not.

Their only above average players were incarnation and sneaky, and incarnation didnt go online til late into the season.

The rest of their players wouldnt even be top 5 (in NA) in any of their roles.

RIP TSM. Group of Death indeed.

Hoping CLG kicks some ass and hopefully Xmithie can get this Visa issus worked out for Quarterfinals.

It seems that the people they are dealing with now actually have connections up top. I would be surprised if his visa issues dont get resolved

I think synergy in botlane is underrated. People probably thinking LGD and EDG have the best botlane because of imp and deft, but synergy isn't as strong.

That's why I think CLG's botlane is insanely strong because Rush Hour is just so good, and I would put them at #3 below SKT and LGD botlane. I would have put them at #2 if Imp wasn't the best ADC and PYL wasn't a Chinese Mata.

Just look at how much fun they are having just before Worlds. This kind of mentality is what players need to be able to play their best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJMCcfFIf8

When people talk about bot lane they tend to forget that synergy with their jungler is a huge necessity nowadays as well.

SKT has by far one of the best, if not the best, bot+jg trio. Picaboo is known for his roams and aggresion and yet he couldn't do anything when the 3 of them played at their best.

definitely not.

Their only above average players were incarnation and sneaky, and incarnation didnt go online til late into the season.

The rest of their players wouldnt even be top 5 (in NA) in any of their roles.

C9 strength is teamwork. They were always average individually since forever.
Like Team Liquid and TIP has garbage players that really drag the team down, so it's no wonder they lost the gauntlet. You can't beat teamwork with a couple of carry players, also, aside from C9's stupid ass pick ban for their first couple games in the guantlet, they completely outpicked their opponents in their game wins.

I think C9 would have definitely made at least Top 4 if they had this lineup at the start.
Though I think TDK would have been contenders with their final line up as well.

When people talk about bot lane they tend to forget that synergy with their jungler is a huge necessity nowadays as well.

SKT has by far one of the best, if not the best, bot+jg trio. Picaboo is known for his roams and aggresion and yet he couldn't do anything when the 3 of them played at their best.

There is no doubt SKT is the best team. They are better than last year's SSB going into Worlds, and they play a great objective style snowball style like last year's SSW.

LGD had a poor summer regular season and EDG floundered in the playoffs.

It really is insane looking back on their run. With that in mind however, I have no expectations of them.

They already did much more then I ever expected out of them given how they started and pretty much ended the split like.

Edit: And I thought xmithie's visa issues were resolved. Man, the biggest downer for any event of this scale is when one team is handicapped before it begins. Whether CLG does good or fails, I want them to do it as a team of 5.

C9 strength is teamwork. They were always average individually since forever.
Like Team Liquid and TIP has garbage players that really drag the team down, so it's no wonder they lost the gauntlet. You can't beat teamwork with a couple of carry players, also, aside from C9's stupid ass pick ban for their first couple games in the guantlet, they completely outpicked their opponents in their game wins.

I think C9 would have definitely made at least Top 4 if they had this lineup at the start.
Though I think TDK would have been contenders with their final line up as well.

There is no doubt SKT is the best team. They are better than last year's SSB going into Worlds, and they play a great objective style snowball style like last year's SSW.

LGD had a poor summer regular season and EDG floundered in the playoffs.

I think it's possible that SKT looks better in the LCK because of the weaker competition from depleted teams. It's hard to entirely say so I would still say they are the strongest team coming in, but that is my one reservation.

I think it's possible that SKT looks better in the LCK because of the weaker competition from depleted teams. It's hard to entirely say so I would still say they are the strongest team coming in, but that is my one reservation.

LCK isn't depleted by any stretch in terms of skilled players, but experienced players is a different story.

The Samsung White (MVP Ozone) team were full of seasonal losers before finally getting it together last year. The bottom teams are full of talent, and just need some time to figure out their game and be competitive.

The 5 teams below SKT, however, are all Worlds quality. There were fairly close in the standings in summer.

zkylon

zkylewd
ohh alright

good to hear, i want liquid to do good, i love piglet and fenix

ohh alright

good to hear, i want liquid to do good, i love piglet and fenix

I find that TL has very little personality compared to the other NA teams and I find them a bit boring. Nothing against them personally but I don't think I will ever find myself cheering for them.

Top Bottom