• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Acerac

Banned
I can only pray that the playoffs encourage some originality.

I've stopped watching LCS for a while now due to a lack of variety, perhaps with other regions working together we won't see the same comps over and over again. I love the concept of e-sports, but the ridiculous sameness every match has really kills the concept for me.

I can only pray that the playoffs encourage some originality.

I've stopped watching LCS for a while now due to a lack of variety, perhaps with other regions working together we won't see the same comps over and over again. I love the concept of e-sports, but the ridiculous sameness every match has really kills the concept for me.

CLG will destroy with Kalista+Tahm Kench

Why would anyone not posting in this thread care about that?

I think it's OK to split it out from this thread. I watched the whole Smash Bros Documentary with a bunch of friends who had no idea there was a professional scene and they had almost never played the game and they loved it. It's cool seeing the how people get into and stay in pro-gaming.

Bacon

I think it's OK to split it out from this thread. I watched the whole Smash Bros Documentary with a bunch of friends who had no idea there was a professional scene and they had almost never played the game and they loved it. It's cool seeing the how people get into and stay in pro-gaming.

Fair enough, I don't really care I just feel like this board is super out of touch with league of legends and the scene surrounding outside of a few specific threads. Obviously no harm no foul though

You watched all of Legends Rising?
Quickshot says Bjergsen is better than Faker

Rooting for the team that picks me.

Faker will pick you and win.

Edit: Man, so many teams/players are all saying CLG is strong.
EDG Coach saying CLG is better than Fnatic and TSM.
AHQ's Ziv just said scrim results shows CLG is actually stronger than KOO Tigers.

And I can't remember the exact people, but I am pretty sure there were 2 more instances of top teams or players saying CLG is really strong.

I saw the Reddit outrage before seeing the fourth episode, pretty stupid statement. I'd love to see Bjerg on a team where he didnt have to shot call and carry at the same time though. I think that team would be deadly.

AHQ's Ziv just said scrim results shows CLG is actually stronger than KOO Tigers.

And I can't remember the exact people, but I am pretty sure there were 2 more instances of top teams or players saying CLG is really strong.

I can't say I am too surprised. It makes me nervous though, as I will now actually be disappointed if they don't get out of groups.

garath

But clg has that tendancy to get over excited and throw it. They're like Tommy boy when he is describing his sales troubles while holding a piece of bread.

I'm rooting for them though!

Faker is #1 boys!

E0KwJFx.gif

DEQbmyq.gif

4R23Avi.gif

hjQALb7.gif

WuAzzVk.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
just watched the legends rising stuff

not sure i liked it, lots of slow motion shots set to varied music of probably not the right players for that series. like brtt and uzi i felt were great, and faker is faker so u gotta have faker, but bjergsen and xpeke didn't have stories i found myself caring so much about, specially since it's not like they're more unknown characters like brtt and swordart

i want to know about how pawn became pawn and kakao finally making it to worlds, and also ryu finally getting his revenge

i dunno, i didn't care much for it, i think i liked last year's better

i also thought the hype video was pretty lame, i'm guessing you can't ever beat anime madlife, but still, this year somehow managed to be worse than last's

very disappointed in that :T

just watched the legends rising stuff

not sure i liked it, lots of slow motion shots set to varied music of probably not the right players for that series. like brtt and uzi i felt were great, and faker is faker so u gotta have faker, but bjergsen and xpeke didn't have stories i found myself caring so much about, specially since it's not like they're more unknown characters like brtt and swordart

i want to know about how pawn became pawn and kakao finally making it to worlds, and also ryu finally getting his revenge

i dunno, i didn't care much for it, i think i liked last year's better

i also thought the hype video was pretty lame, i'm guessing you can't ever beat anime madlife, but still, this year somehow managed to be worse than last's

very disappointed in that :T

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I thought it was very well produced and shot, but it just seemed way to downbeat rather than celebratory. Doublelift (just to note, Travis's own documentary on DL was pretty good) should have been NA's story as his is pretty iconic. Bjerg has a great story too, but he is still European.

I'm debating between watching this in the background at work or giving it my full attention when I get home tomorrow.

Fnatic vs. iG is a great opening match. Looking forward to CLG vs. FW and C9 vs ahq also.

Bungie's

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I thought it was very well produced and shot, but it just seemed way to downbeat rather than celebratory. Doublelift (just to note, Travis's own documentary on DL was pretty good) should have been NA's story as his is pretty iconic. Bjerg has a great story too, but he is still European.

I'm debating between watching this in the background at work or giving it my full attention when I get home tomorrow.

Fnatic vs. iG is a great opening match. Looking forward to CLG vs. FW and C9 vs ahq also.
yea i haven't even finished watching them (prob wont). i like watching documentaries but i just couldn't finish watching this, quite boring and honestly.

zkylon

zkylewd
it really wasn't, random "glory" nosense and smokey siluette of players in dark ruins with random european landmarks is lame, specially since they actually had a cool song this year to use.

it was super lame

again, i can't expect something this good every year, but i really don't get the tone they're going for, worlds is supposed to be a celebration of the game and its players, not weird, depressing and bleak

i'd skip the faker/bjerg ones and watch the other two pairs, the brtt, uzi and swordart sections are pretty cool

Aleskar

Banned

EDG´s coach didnt say that CLG is better than fnatic. These are rumors spread from a chinese player and it was out of context.

Regarding Current Scrim Results and Team Conditions
He says based on EDG scrims and rumors that he heard, the best conditioned teams are the three LPL teams, SKT, KT and FNC. However, he adds that the fans should look out for CLG. Before, San Shao predicted Koo and Flash Wolves would make it out of group stage because he was not familiar with CLG and the Jungler issue. However, San Shao received some inside information that changes his perception of group A. According to him, Group A is the almost the only group without absolute clarity on who will progress. So obviously San Shao heard something about CLG that makes them much stronger than his earlier perception.

Source

kenbo

holy christ that video is corny

No its not, this is the new lore of league of legends

its a civil war in rune terra between the mage and knights faction over what to do with these powerful 'nexus' crystals. termed later the crystal war, these powerful crystals allow you to transform into a legend of yore to battle it out for your nation

thats why when you destroy the nexus the enemy runs out of crystal power and loses

EDG´s coach didnt say that CLG is better than fnatic. These are rumors spread from a chinese player and it was out of context.

Regarding Current Scrim Results and Team Conditions
He says based on EDG scrims and rumors that he heard, the best conditioned teams are the three LPL teams, SKT, KT and FNC. However, he adds that the fans should look out for CLG. Before, San Shao predicted Koo and Flash Wolves would make it out of group stage because he was not familiar with CLG and the Jungler issue. However, San Shao received some inside information that changes his perception of group A. According to him, Group A is the almost the only group without absolute clarity on who will progress. So obviously San Shao heard something about CLG that makes them much stronger than his earlier perception.

Source

Your source is reddit, my source is reddit.

You lose because #FAITHAGE

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been stupidly busy the last several days and haven't gotten to pay much attention to worlds (I work at an NPR station that's been fundraising); caught up on everything last night and now I'm hyped. Should be a really competitive tournament, I think.

My money's on FNATIC.

Top Bottom