• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

leaked Insomniac inclusivity training video

Bartski

Gold Member

bpTH9Bb.jpg
MYDmuXF.jpg
SJYeYd5.jpg
0IEBst4.jpg
pqroria.jpg
spyTNTY.jpg

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Now you understand why the diversity and inclusivity stuff felt so incredibly forced in Spider-Man 2: it literally is.

I feel for the people at Insomniac who have to deal with this on a probable daily basis because they're making a videogame. Actual brainwashing.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Ah yes, another token minority recognition coming from a predominantly white and male top management. I’m sure all the immigrants trying to make their life in the US are thrilled to constantly being reminded being an immigrant is a cornerstone to their identity, whether they like it or not.

Varteras

Gold Member
I really want to know who this training is actually for. Because anyone who actively hates gays or non-whites isn't going to suddenly be swayed by this. In fact, it's just going to piss them off even more. I don't hate them at all, and this kind of shit makes me want to burn down Insomniac. You get people in a room and have them work together. Get to know each other. Judge one another on their personal merits. Not be told someone is incredibly special because they're not you. If someone DOES harass or be shitty to someone because of sexual preference or skin color, you do something about THAT person. Not tell basically everyone else they're secretly bigots who need to be reformed.

Last edited:

Nvzman

I watched like 6 min of it and turned it off.

There's one hilarious part where they very bluntly and proudly state they arent making this for white people. I just had to face palm on that one.
Yea I'm all for people from different backgrounds working together but when it becomes "fuck white people" you know the ulterior motive isn't actually something positive, it's thinly veiled racism.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Don't put ND in bed with insomniac. It's not there yet.
TLOU2 is by no means woke like insomniac games.
The game that has a transgender character in the middle of an apocalypse? The game that has this evil white male insult Elie for her sexual orientation and her calling his sandwich, "a bigot" sandwich after he offered it to her to apologize? The game that has super buffed up Abby somehow finds supplements in a barren wasteland and manages to get the physique of a pro athlete? The game that has the evil white male Joel executed in the most unceremonious and gratuitous way possible.

I hope you're joking.

I really want to know who this training is actually for. Because anyone who actively hates gays or non-whites isn't going to suddenly be swayed by this. In fact, it's just going to piss them off even more. I don't hate them at all, and this kind of shit makes me want to burn down Insomniac. You get people in a room and have them work together. Get to know each other. Judge one another on their personal merits. Not be told someone is incredibly special because they're not you. If someone DOES harass or be shitty to someone because of sexual preference or skin color, you do something about THAT person. Not tell basically everyone else they're secretly bigots who need to be reformed.
It's simply in-group status signalling. It's not for anybody real.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yea I'm all for people from different backgrounds working together but when it becomes "fuck white people" you know the ulterior motive isn't actually something positive, it's thinly veiled racism.
Grifting and power accumulation. I dont think most people are racist towards white people, but its just the easiest thing to point to to keep focus on being a victim / special.

I'm not even opposed to some of this in theory. I dont mind seeing more character variety. Its just done so clumsily and insincerely. Just straight propaganda instead of art broadening to be more inclusive. Its a fine line.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
The grift is strong. Got to respect the hustle. They've created a problem and - having absolutely no talent - created a world they can sell consultancy to. What a miserable existence.

People who have no creativity but want to feel they do, by bastardising everything else with over the top, obvious 'progressive suggestions' to other people's ip.

The fact they are talking about Aquafina in this is just fucking disgusting.

They go hard with inclusivity that they make these characters the most stereotypical and racist caricatures.

You want to see how to write a black character, women and be inclusive to different races? Play CoD: Infinite Warfare. That's the best I've seen. I never questioned any of it once.

Fake

Now you understand why the diversity and inclusivity stuff felt so incredibly forced in Spider-Man 2: it literally is.

I feel for the people at Insomniac who have to deal with this on a probable daily basis because they're making a videogame. Actual brainwashing.

I can't see better a description of the term 'fanboys'. Spider-Man 2 literally split diversity in your face, but BRUH no they said.

They are all dellusional.

Nvzman

The game that has a transgender character in the middle of an apocalypse? The game that has this evil white male insult Elie for her sexual orientation and her calling his sandwich, "a bigot" sandwich after he offered it to her to apologize? The game that has super buffed up Abby somehow finds supplements in a barren wasteland and manages to get the physique of a pro athlete? The game that has the evil white male Joel executed in the most unceremonious and gratuitous way possible.

I hope you're joking.
Yea you even forgot to mention how you go through a Temple and Ellie's gf straight up says "at least in here I don't just burst into flames", a stupid dig against Christianity.

That was one of the many reasons TLOU2's writing was fucking awful, felt like Druckmann's Twitter politics came out full swing at times.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
If they continue doing this Insomniac, making things forced, Rift apart will be the last video game I buy from that company... In fact it is the only one I have ever made in my life. 😂

Yea you even forgot to mention how you go through a Temple and Ellie's gf straight up says "at least in here I don't just burst into flames", a stupid dig against Christianity.

That was one of the many reasons TLOU2's writing was fucking awful, felt like Druckmann's Twitter politics came out full swing at times.
Just take solace in the thought that before long that writing will look hilariously out of date and -omg maybe even offensive (perish the thought) - and Cuckman will have moved onto the next thing of the moment and feel total shame at every single part of that game he was involved with. The 'right side of history' assumption does make forethought impossible, but such is the life of the low IQ person.

Top Bottom