• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

leaked Insomniac inclusivity training video

Go_Ly_Dow

Nothing to see here, just woke American imperialism at work infesting the arts.

Insomniac if you're so principled then why did you remove all the pride flags and more from the Middle Eastern version of the game, rather than just not release the game in those territories like Square did with Final Fantasy 16?

Last edited:
ok, thanks for posting this. they/them are loved and seen now.

Im hearing what are they selling but once the latinx term or whatever came out i was like:
Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Congrats on the worst post in the thread.
Inclusivity training isn't exclusive to Insomniac, Sony, or even the video game industry.
Textbook example of being triggered, what’s the matter with you… no shit Sherlock, the topic is Insomniac inclusivity training video leaked. Lol

Anyway, why is this not in the headlines? I feel like no one talks about this whole Sweet Baby Inc thing, have they ever been confronted about this.
I just can’t comprehend why this is a thing and no one is discussing it. Why?

Bojji

As an "minority" i find this shit so fucking weird. What's wrong with you guys in America with all of this bullshit

I'm "observing" this stuff from race homogeneous country, we don't really have race related problems (on big scale at least) but what I'm seeing happening in US and Western Europe is truly mind boggling. There was this "color blindness" approach at one point where person skin color wasn't considered meaningful in any way (as it shouldn't) - people should be judged based on their actions. This in my opinion is a correct way of thinking for multicultural society (like US). NOW, everything is about skin color and "race" (and gender lol), even segregation is returning and (some) people are happy about this, world is really fucked up right now.

This just shows how much of this shite is everywhere. Insomniac has been infected for a while now. All of these virtue signaling morons and their forced DEI garbage need to piss off.
I think they're true believers. I remember the leaked drama about Ratchet and Clank character designs in the newest game. I remember that IGN interview with the SM2 director. I dont know if they got infected.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I watched like 6 min of it and turned it off.

There's one hilarious part where they very bluntly and proudly state they arent making this for white people. I just had to face palm on that one.

The part where the chick from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo talks about whites with a scowl on her self hating pierced face, right?

So glad racism is a thing of the past.

shamoomoo

I watched like 6 min of it and turned it off.

There's one hilarious part where they very bluntly and proudly state they arent making this for white people. I just had to face palm on that one.
Why is that a problem? The inverse is games that were made and appealed to mainly white males were intentionally made that way.

Kurotri

It's not just Insomniac (well, duh). There was a leak some years ago where the same "training" was taking place at Ubisoft. It's like a thriller movie at this point.

shamoomoo

Every time this garbage appears it’s nearly always western devs.
Because Japanese devs either make games about Japanese people and culture or the character design is done to appeal to white folk in most instances. Unless I'm going going blind,why is that an issue?

ungalo

It's not just Insomniac (well, duh). There was a leak some years ago where the same "training" was taking place at Ubisoft. It's like a thriller movie at this point.
always interesting to see how they put that in practice, but yeah we're past that

i'm never fond of these talks it feels like it's endless circle jerking even though i agree almost entirely, just don't buy the games

Last edited:
Yeah sure it's not forced, lol .

Cleopatra and Anne Boleyn represented as black people. Why the lies? And why is representation, or lying like on the examples here, is so important?

Where are the compliant white knights now to come defend this shit?
Exactly. Cleopatra was actually essentially greek with minor persian and Iranian ancestry.

Last edited:
About 6 minutes in - two women start speaking about the "Portrayal of asian men, they don't make the guy seem like a sexy guy or someone that's like attractive or has attractive qualities" while showing images/clips of Jimmy Yang and Ken Jeong. Are they smoking dope? these two men are absolute units. Insomniac should be ashamed of themselves.

Bartski

Gold Member
"For example, considering the Little Mermaid remake, simply making Ariel black isn't enough to make for a diverse story - creators need to consider how this identity might pivot her actual story as well as make sure to reflect subtle inside truths in her persona and surroundings (e. g. acknowledging the reality of black hair in the water)"

cormack12

Gold Member
Why is that a problem? The inverse is games that were made and appealed to mainly white males were intentionally made that way.
That isn't true though. The whole thing started because of unconscious bias because 'many game developers and creatives were predominantly white and middle class'. No one was sitting there tabling ideas that were specifically targeted at whites, and deliberately excluding blacks.or asians etc. There was no vindictiveness in the outcomes. And by the by most people were receptive to adding a little more balance.

What we have now is making games with conscious bias and with vindictiveness, with the sole aim of 'getting back at whitey'. Which is why the product is so creatively bankrupt and most comes across as trashy fan fiction when it appears. The product and fiction is actually being hurt and undermined.

You couple this to the fact that when representation is attempted all these people bleat on about how it isn't accurate or real. Frey, Barrett, Cyberpunk 2077, Miles and so mamy more examples.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

Does anyone have a different link to this presentation? Preferably on X or Rumble where cucks won't ban it. I can't be bothered to go to the cest pool known as Reddit.

tommib

"For example, considering the Little Mermaid remake, simply making Ariel black isn't enough to make for a diverse story - creators need to consider how this identity might pivot her actual story as well as make sure to reflect subtle inside truths in her persona and surroundings (e. g. acknowledging the reality of black hair in the water)"
How fucking idiotic. People need to see this as a business practice. Of course black Ariel wasn’t enough. They need to sell you more outsourcing services so that you build the perfect product. Thing is, there’s no goal in sight because you can never meet the most perfect end goal. So it’s a carrot for a blind donkey.

Top Bottom