• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego 2K Drive is officially a 'AAA driving adventure' releasing in May

Draugoth

Gold Member
Lego and 2K games have officially announced their new driving game, Lego 2K Drive, which will release on May 19.

The title is coming to PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, described as an open-world game with single and multiplayer that “lets players build any vehicle they like:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Looks like fun.

car crash GIF

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Looks like it is building something interesting.

The Lego expansion in Forza was one of the best.

nikos

This looks incredible. Probably going to buy two copies to play with my girlfriend.

Several outlets already have previews on YouTube.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the part where Lego Albert Brooks slashes Lego Bryan Cranston's wrist and all the red studs pour out

Last edited:

kicker

Banned
Game looks cool. The lego studio knows how to make simple, fun games. Plus they probably need to do something with all the car licenses they have

I feel like the AAA label is unnecessary though. It does nothing but set exepectations for large graphical budgets, but then ... this is a lego game

BlackTron

That was my first ever 3D game and it blew my tiny mind.

I have fond memories of it, I see it came out in 1997 which means I definitely played Mario 64 first. The first system I played it on was my dad's desktop around 120mhz and the framerate was horrible, but I did almost everything in the game this way....later in 1999 we upgraded to 400mhz, and the game ran so fast it was hard to do anything. Like when they made the game, they just said "make it go as fast as it possibly can" resulting in bizarre uncapped game logic. I remember when I was a kid I was at first impressed how much faster the computer was, then was like "wait can't we put the brakes on it??" It came with a surprise AoEII CD so I discovered RTS, and that year the "real" Lego software came out, Mindstorms...good times.

Woopah

I have fond memories of it, I see it came out in 1997 which means I definitely played Mario 64 first. The first system I played it on was my dad's desktop around 120mhz and the framerate was horrible, but I did almost everything in the game this way....later in 1999 we upgraded to 400mhz, and the game ran so fast it was hard to do anything. Like when they made the game, they just said "make it go as fast as it possibly can" resulting in bizarre uncapped game logic. I remember when I was a kid I was at first impressed how much faster the computer was, then was like "wait can't we put the brakes on it??" It came with a surprise AoEII CD so I discovered RTS, and that year the "real" Lego software came out, Mindstorms...good times.
I also was playing AoE and AoEII too around that time!

For Lego Island I had an incedibly slowly framerate, to the point things used to run like a slide show. It made doing anything in the game incredibly difficullt.

Tams

I'm ready for this. As great as Mario Kart is, I've had my fill for a while. And I've wanted a successor to Lego Racers for years.

But... I'll be busy with Tears of the Kingdom...

Deerock71

I'm ready for this. As great as Mario Kart is, I've had my fill for a while. And I've wanted a successor to Lego Racers for years.

But... I'll be busy with Tears of the Kingdom...
This is fortuitous timing on Lego's part. Releasing when there are going to be LOTS of new Switches out there, and people that might be looking for something else to play besides Zelda.

Nico_D

The true sequel to Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts!!!!

Just came to say that. I doubt this is as challenging as Banjo was - before you had all the parts, then one multifunctional flying-diving-speeding super vehicle was enough. And it was fun to come up with that.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I remember when nuts and bolts came out. I loved it, spread the gospel of it, and everyone online told me I was wrong because it wasn’t a platformer. Now 15 years later, everyone loved it. This is some revisionist history bs lol

Jinzo Prime

This game came out of nowhere, and is looking spectacular!

Looks a lot like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. I only ever played the demo, but it was a cool racer with transforming cars like this.

Still, it's cool to see a new game like this, hope its fun!

winjer

Gold Member
LEGO 2K Drive PC Requirements
MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core Intel i5 4690 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia 960 2GB / AMD R9 380 or better
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 12 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0x compatible sound card
Additional Notes: Dual-analog gamepad: Recommended
RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 / AMD Ryzen 5 3500 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 1070 4GB / AMD RX Vega-56 or better
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 12 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0x compatible sound card
Additional Notes: Dual-analog gamepad: Recommended

And it uses Denuvo.

DaGwaphics

Looks a lot like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. I only ever played the demo, but it was a cool racer with transforming cars like this.

Still, it's cool to see a new game like this, hope its fun!

SASRT is a great arcade racer. You should pick it up on PC or via Xbox BC, still plays great today (res is low on Xbox but the FPS boost works wonderfully).

Last edited:
Top Bottom