• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for December: Lego 2K Drive, Powerwash Simulator, Sable

Tommi84

Lego 2K should be nice. I played it on friend's Switch and it was ok for the 'lego factor', can't comment on the grind part, though

Last edited:

Fbh

Definitely one of the weakest months this year.
Still not as bad Games With Gold like some are saying here thiugh, there you'd get a game in the same tier as Lego 2K Drive except it would be like 6 years old instead of 7 months old.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

It feels like they know people are willing to buy games around this period or play games they've been gifted for Christmas.

Guess I'll try Sable for the visuals alone.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Power Wash Simulator is welcome, I'll probably buy the Back to the Future DLC for it.

Kids will like the Lego racing game (maybe)

xrnzaaas

I didn't expect they'd add LEGO Drive so soon (and to the basic sub, not Extra or Game Pass). I guess it must've sold pretty bad. I'm still not interested in any of the titles, LEGO racing/building games just aren't my thing.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Forget it DrFigs, it's NeoGAF.

Honestly I think it's tradition, every month the thread for PSPlus free games is filled with gaffers just absolutely shitting on the games no matter what they are.
Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Forget it DrFigs, it's NeoGAF.

Honestly I think it's tradition, every month the thread for PSPlus free games is filled with gaffers just absolutely shitting on the games no matter what they are.
But two out of the three are pretty shite :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Power wash wasn't actually that bad.

Roberts

Sable is very chill, but I loved it. Ended up buying it when it left GP. The art style was one of the first I had seen that was pushing the textureless cell shade look similar to Hi-Fi Rush. OST is also by Japanese Breakfast, who is great.

Powerwash Simulator is pretty fun as well. Just a chill podcast game to play. Had some comedic DLC as well.

Yeah, both games are worth playing. I also had this unhealthy obsession with PW Sim for about a week or so - I didn’t feel like playing anything else. Also, I liked the way new levels got progressively absurd.

Lego 2k looks fun, especially playing 2-player with my sis.
Been wanting to try PWS just for curiosity sake.
Sable could be a fun weekend open world adventure.

Not surprising there's no bangers considering it's essential and all, but not a terrible month for me.

drotahorror

Literally available for $1 on PC and runs on potatoes.

People need to realise that the games that are being given away on these services are worthless. There is no value here.

Sable definitely cheap, bought it a few months ago.

Now Lego 2K Drive I've had my eye on for a while and just bought recently for $25 on PC which was the best deal it's had since it came out.
It's pretty damn good, more variety than Forza Horizon that's for sure. Kind of reminds me of Sonic Racing Transformed since there's multiple vehicle types like boat/offroad/asphalt .

I dunno, if anyone is an arcade racing fan, Lego 2K Drive, despite being aimed at kids I guess, is a fun time.

For reference, my favorite modern arcade racing series is the Motorstorm trilogy.

Lego 2K is totally worth checking out.

Neolombax

Pretty excited to try Powerwash simulator to be honest. It's been on my wishlist. LEGO 2k drive looks interesting, I know my son would love to give it a go.

phant0m

canceled my game pass recently, probably gonna cancel ps+ too at this point. i don't play ps5 online really anymore (all my friends are on pc) and i don't have time for the libraries/"Free" junk

Agent X

I don't get what people are complaining about. This looks like a good, diverse group of games to me.

I haven't played Powerwash Simulator, but that game was developed by FuturLab, who produced many good games in the past. Several of FuturLab's earlier games, such as Velocity and Velocity 2X, were released on PlayStation Plus years ago, and received a heaping amount of praise at the time. I still play Velocity 2X occasionally, even to this day.

Is there something horribly wrong with Powerwash Simulator that we should be aware of? Perhaps the people in this thread that are bellyaching about this game can help the rest of us by posting a detailed review.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't get what people are complaining about. This looks like a good, diverse group of games to me.

I haven't played Powerwash Simulator, but that game was developed by FuturLab, who produced many good games in the past. Several of FuturLab's earlier games, such as Velocity and Velocity 2X, were released on PlayStation Plus years ago, and received a heaping amount of praise at the time. I still play Velocity 2X occasionally, even to this day.

Is there something horribly wrong with Powerwash Simulator that we should be aware of? Perhaps the people in this thread that are bellyaching about this game can help the rest of us by posting a detailed review.
Keep an eye out for IKARO next year.

AGRacing

I didn’t fall for the Black Friday “discount”… and this sure as hell ain’t getting me back.

So sale, Sony! No sale!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I didn’t fall for the Black Friday “discount”… and this sure as hell ain’t getting me back.

So sale, Sony! No sale!

I don't think they really had any discount on PS+ this year, did they?

The only thing I saw was a discount on upgrading your current plan, but no discounts on extending it. That's what I did last year but this year they didn't and I'm not about to pay the full annual for it.

Gamerguy84

Bros lego 2k drive actually looks like stupid fun. Been a while since I've been on a Kart racer but I'm checking this out. I just watched this review and it got an 8.

AGRacing

I don't think they really had any discount on PS+ this year, did they?

The only thing I saw was a discount on upgrading your current plan, but no discounts on extending it. That's what I did last year but this year they didn't and I'm not about to pay the full annual for it.
I didn’t renew. My subscription IS expired. I saw a discount. Didn’t bite.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

For the people that are dissatisfied what titles would make you think the value was there? I'm trying to see who's based in reality.
I mean for me I'd say they are all relatively new games so its an average to decent month.

The months that get me disappointed are the ones where we get like mafia 2 and things that have been out for many years

Last edited:
Top Bottom