• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for December: Lego 2K Drive, Powerwash Simulator, Sable

NickFire

For the people that are dissatisfied what titles would make you think the value was there? I'm trying to see who's based in reality.
It's the 4th Christmas season following PS5's launch.

How about any game that might have had top half placement in the wall of any sales that were not purely indie game sales promos.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I don't know why you guys are complaining,

2k drive is a recent release that's full price and a perfectly fine experience considering youre getting it at no extra cost, the game is very fun.

Powerwash simulator - Wasn't this game praised here on GAF when it came to gamepass now suddenly it's trash? This game is awesome in coop btw.

Sable now admittedly I don't know much of this game but it looks fine, I trust Sony's criteria and that they know what players tend to enjoy, I bet its a great game so I'm downloading it now.

JK, month is not great imo.

But for real, play powerwash simulator is good.

Last edited:

Aenima

Not a bad month, all the games in the list are actually decent. Also good to see this month they all have a PS5 version unlike last month where only 1 had a PS5 version. Will be downloading Powerwash and Sable.

Aenima

Powerwash simulator - Wasn't this game praised here on GAF when it came to gamepass now suddenly it's trash? This game is awesome in coop btw.
This.

When Powerwash released on gamepass ppl was praising it, and having fun with it, now thats on the lowest PS+ tier, is trash.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This.

When Powerwash released on gamepass ppl was praising it, and having fun with it, now thats on the lowest PS+ tier, is trash.
p2z1Zvn.gif

2k drive is a recent release that's full price and a perfectly fine experience considering youre getting it at no extra cost, the game is very fun.

Sable now admittedly I don't know much of this game but it looks fine, I trust Sony's criteria and that they know what players tend to enjoy, I bet its a great game so I'm downloading it now.

JK, what a trash month

But for real, play powerwash simulator is good.
I've played Sable way back when it first released on Game Pass PC and I can say that it's a cool indie game that is worth a try if you like titles with cell shaded art direction and also dope OST (the game's soundtrack is made by Japanese Breakfast). On my PC it played well, but I believe that the PS5 console port has performance issues (e.g. lots of fps drops) which is odd and I'm not 100% positive if they managed in fixing that.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Well they don’t have games with gold to compete with anymore, so yeh don’t expect much from now on. I Don’t care about these subs anymore, I just buy the games I’m interested in.
This is not even remotely comparable with Gold, that was pure trash. These games are pretty good.

GHG

I remember when the gamepass crowd were bigging up powerwash simulator.

Good times.

At least we can all agree it's trash now.

Will definitely try Sable.

Literally available for $1 on PC and runs on potatoes.

People need to realise that the games that are being given away on these services are worthless. There is no value here.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

I remember when the gamepass crowd were bigging up powerwash simulator.

Good times.

At least we can all agree it's trash now.

Literally available for $1 on PC and runs on potatoes.

People need to realise that the games that are being given away on these services are worthless. There is no value here.
I don’t own a PC.
Or a potato.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Ps+ is just sloppy 2nds from gamepass at this point.

These are the "free" mothly games you get with PS+ Essential which is a couple of dollars cheaper than Gamepass Core. PS+ Extra/Premium are Sony's Gamepass competitors.

Glad to see that massive price increase paving the way for such high quality titles. Excited for Siphon Filter #892487390 to be added to the Classics lineup as well.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
The road back to 'Essential' is paved with games like 'Powerwash Simulator'.

Thank you, Sony. This is truly a gift.

Ar¢tos

For the people that are dissatisfied what titles would make you think the value was there? I'm trying to see who's based in reality.
A PSVR2 game, to promote the device, something like Suicide Guy VR, that is absolute trash, but it's VR and would be mega cheap for Sony to add to the service, but Sony already forgot they make the PSVR2.
Some higher quality indie and a AAA game.
They increased the price by 30% and reduced the quality of their monthly games. LEGO 2K is a mediocre AA+ game at best.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
They are very enabled, they just won't continue to bring high-quality games. It's a choice :). Have to be honest here, these are some Gamepass level games. Hopefully next month is better because this list of games is honestly pretty shameful after a 30% sub price increase.

Actually Games with Gold was even worse because they were this level of garbage, but usually an ancient level of garbage. These games are at least pretty recent. Sony will have to try a little harder to match the trash level of the fortunately now defunct GwG.

King Dazzar

Actually Games with Gold was even worse because they were this level of garbage, but usually an ancient level of garbage. These games are at least pretty recent. Sony will have to try a little harder to match the trash level of the fortunately now defunct GwG.
Yeah it was embarrassingly awful for a long time before they axed it. A completely different lower tier level of shite. But yeah, this months PS+ games hardly appease the price hike....

GymWolf

Powerwash Simulator is amazing. Such a chill game.
I think it fails in a basic component, the cleaning physics.

Like the whole game is about that but it looks so basic when you clean stuff, it just goes from dirt to clean, it should have used some advanced dirt\mud\rust\water physics, i clean very dirty stuff for work with a powerwash sometimes and the game doesn't replicate the pleasure of removing shit at all from what i saw on yt.

Like parts with more dirt or rust that gradually get cleaned, like the skin system of dead island 2 but for dirt and shit :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think it fails in a basic component, the cleaning physics.

Like the whole game is about that but it looks so basic when you clean stuff, it just goes from dirt to clean, it should have used some advanced dirt\mud\rust\water physics, i clean very dirty stuff for work with a powerwash sometimes and the game doesn't replicate the pleasure of removing shit at all from what i saw on yt.

Like parts with more dirt or rust that gradually get cleaned, like the skin system of dead island 2 but for dirt and shit :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I know there's a simulator in the name but trust me, nobody wants a real simulation of cleaning with a fucking water hose. It's a game. It's fun. Reality = not fun.

GymWolf

I know there's a simulator in the name but trust me, nobody wants a real simulation of cleaning with a fucking water hose. It's a game. It's fun. Reality = not fun.
Never said that it should be difficult to clean stuff, but just gimme some layers, gimme some slimy\gloop-tech or some shit :lollipop_squinting:

And btw, a lot of people love to clean stuff with a powerwash, it's one of those things that click with some lizard brains, when i had a boat, a lot of people enjoyed removing the shit from their boats with power washers :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Hmmm...not impressed this month, I'll be honest.

Wasn't a bad offering last month, and there's been some solid stuff given away in recent memory, but I am a little disappointed in the December games.

Still, I suppose you have to be realistic and appreciate there's only a finite number of games that can practically be offered and unless they start throwing in AAA blockbusters that have only been out 6 months (which obviously won't happen) Sony are in a position of having to keep finding stuff to give away that meets a certain threshold for quality and, clearly, that gets harder as each month that passes.

Last edited:
Great month imo. Powerwash Simulator is great, and I wanted to try but would never buy Lego 2K.

And then there's Sable that looks like one of the games of all time.

Top Bottom