• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego |OT|: Let’s build together.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I gotta say, I was gonna trash it and the $1000 price tag for a 6200 piece Star Wars model buuuuuuuuuuut only $600???

Either there are a ton of 1 stud blocks in there or they have hit peak star wars with these massive sets and the Star Destroyer and AT-AT just aren't selling well.

I'd be more down for the RC if it were still active, but blowing it up in S2 really sucked.

Last edited:
I've seen mentioned on the Lego subreddit (sorry) that new LotR kits are coming; for now it seems to be mostly (only?) Brickheadz, but at least it's not based on the Ring of Power crap...

AJUMP23

I've seen mentioned on the Lego subreddit (sorry) that new LotR kits are coming; for now it seems to be mostly (only?) Brickheadz, but at least it's not based on the Ring of Power crap...
I use my mines of Moriah set and my fellowship sets for D&D with my kids.

AJUMP23

Lego Ideas approval details are in. Insects, Orient Express, Space art, and Polaroid Camera

dc3bd3f8-b472-40ec-9e31-acf7dab49302-resize-1600x900.legacy.png

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'd normally be pretty down for the Nautilus but that looks a bit low effort versus the wonderful art deco one from the old film.

James Webb telescope when?? Also the Chinese space station? The space stuff is my main focus now, finishing up the lunar lander now.

Hey guys, I just found this site while looking for Lego Zelda, and I was wondering how "legit" it was; I mean, obviously they're not official Lego sets, and the minifigs are 99% custom, but most of the rest (the BotW stables or the various Master-Sword-in-a-pedestal) appear to be old-ish Ideas stuff, I just can't find any info on if they're using official Lego bricks (bought from bricklink or whatever).

(think the site itself is only in French, sorry)

AJUMP23

Hey guys, I just found this site while looking for Lego Zelda, and I was wondering how "legit" it was; I mean, obviously they're not official Lego sets, and the minifigs are 99% custom, but most of the rest (the BotW stables or the various Master-Sword-in-a-pedestal) appear to be old-ish Ideas stuff, I just can't find any info on if they're using official Lego bricks (bought from bricklink or whatever).

(think the site itself is only in French, sorry)
I bet they are using a Chinese supplier.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I bet they are using a Chinese supplier.
Yeah, I can't quite figure out their price per brick but a 2000 piece Zelda set for 122 euros(?) seems like it would be hard to spin any money off bricklink sourced pieces though I suppose if you shave off the need for actual licensing and whatnot and stick to very common pieces maybe it could be done.

In my experience the "non lego" legos, even fairly major ones like megablocks, just don't connect the same and the builds usually are weak because they are more willing to cut corners or have single stud connections, stuff Lego won't do.

There is like a $800/6000 piece bricklink Rocinate build out there that I am DYING to do, but it's hard to step away from the lego engineers and how satisfying most of their stuff is.

AJUMP23

LOTR sets are coming but in the meantime there have shown some promo shots of the Brickheads for the LOTR. I think I want Gandalf and Balrog.

LEGO-Lord-of-the-Rings-Brickheadz-Feature-1400x788.png

40631-Gandalf-the-Grey-Balrog-Set-1400x1050.png

jason10mm

Gold Member
I dunno, those super deformed figures are kinda like the Funko Pops of the Lego world. Not my cuppa but LOTR ones would be cool to collect.

I have some of the stormtrooper articulated ones, wish they had more like a snow trooper rather than the unarmored humans like Luke, all the exposed joints just looks weird to me.

AJUMP23

I dunno, those super deformed figures are kinda like the Funko Pops of the Lego world. Not my cuppa but LOTR ones would be cool to collect.

I have some of the stormtrooper articulated ones, wish they had more like a snow trooper rather than the unarmored humans like Luke, all the exposed joints just looks weird to me.

I do think we are getting a legit Balrog and Gandalf set. I will get that most likely.

Quasicat

I received the Friends Central Perk Lego set for Christmas. Problem is…as hard as I wanted to, I could never get into Friends.

I found some instructions on Rebrickable on how to make Maclaren’s Pub from How I Met Your Mother (something I’m sure Lego would never let happen officially) using nothing but the Central Perk build.

l6ZbtsE.jpg

CChSBjs.jpg

Now I just need to find an old man minifig around here so I can have Old Marshal order Young Marshal some wings.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Awesome! Now I need that Temple of Time Ideas build that from Breath of the Wild which was declined a few years back.

Pejo

Glad we're getting a Zelda kit, but it's not exactly the one I'd have picked if I had my choice. Maybe if it does well we'll get more.

By the way, any of you have the NES set with the scrolling Super Mario Bros level on the TV? I'm looking at picking that up next.

AJUMP23

Glad we're getting a Zelda kit, but it's not exactly the one I'd have picked if I had my choice. Maybe if it does well we'll get more.

By the way, any of you have the NES set with the scrolling Super Mario Bros level on the TV? I'm looking at picking that up next.
I have the NES and the Atari.

AJUMP23

You recommend the NES one? I'm looking more for recommendations that it's fun to build, but also if it displays nicely in person.
I think it is a lot a fun. It is not the size of a NES just a bit smaller, but it does look cool. And the TV mechanism is really cool.

Quasicat

I just have the mario lego characters. I don't want the sets.
I live vicariously through my children whom are massive Lego fans. My son has the entire Mario set, but I have the NES. I occasionally steal his Mario every so often and attach it to my set to hear it play. 😉

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Will definitely get the zelda ones. I like th at they are normal non interactive characters. :messenger_horns:

AJUMP23

Lego Rivendale announced. $500 US

LEGO-Icons-10316-The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-featured-4-800x445.jpg

LEGO-Icons-The-Lord-of-the-Rings-10316-Rivendell-0ZYR3-Cover-1024x538.jpg

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I already have the fellowship from my older LOTR sets. But I had to buy 3 sets to get them all. I used them to play D&D with my kids.

Pejo

I like this in concept, but the "scene" type kits never really resonated with me. I like to build something that looks like something specific when it's done. This just looks like a mess of plants and buildings packed together in an unnatural way. It doesn't look like a satisfying outcome.

I'd like more kits like the newer Ecto-1. Something that has a ton of pieces and complexity, but also looks like a clear object when it's finished. I waffled back and forth on buying the Hogwarts Castle one just for the piece count and complexity, but it just didn't strike me as something that looks cool when it's finished.

I have to say though, the hobbits having the shorter legs pieces makes me happy.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I finished the christmas present the other day. Used the new iphone function to pull out the backgorund but imgur changes my png into a jpg. 👎

346R9YL.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

boromir-gift.gif

smeagal-gollom.gif

Top Bottom