• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Occam

I have encountered an annoying bug: I captured a fighter and can't release them.
Looks like this (not my video): https://youtube.com/watch?v=F3LNKidvYE0
And no, you don't actually get all this SPL, once you open the menu it's gone.
No idea what's causing it or how to fix it. I have since captured two others and could release them just fine.

OMG the UK is currently at war with

Alaska
Germany
Massachusetts
Argentina
Tokyo
Colorado
Minnesota
New Jersey
Ireland

All active wars on right this minute

Add Alabama now, all others still going

10 factions at the same time 10, 10!!!

Melchiah

Just barely beat the first semi-boss, with only a tiny piece of health left, and no items to restore it. It was exhilarating, since my attacks only did 14-17 points of damage.

Spman2099

This patch is great... unfortunately, it released on the day where I beat the game. I would love to stick around, but I have a ton of games that I need to get to. It was a great time, though.

Endo Punk

I'm trying to get my character back but every time I try to attack it says your attack has failed, another player has attacked. I have a pass so I don't need kill coins to attack. Ive been trying for an hour to recover my character but game just won't let me attack.

I'm trying to get my character back but every time I try to attack it says your attack has failed, another player has attacked. I have a pass so I don't need kill coins to attack. Ive been trying for an hour to recover my character but game just won't let me attack.

And your character hasn't returned? Normally when that happens it's because someone else is attacking them; if they break the bathroom door, you character should be returned to you. If you can't attack but don't get your character either, it means that his defenders have beem warding off people constantly since then... unless some glitch is involved.

Endo Punk

And your character hasn't returned? Normally when that happens it's because someone else is attacking them; if they break the bathroom door, you character should be returned to you. If you can't attack but don't get your character either, it means that his defenders have beem warding off people constantly since then... unless some glitch is involved.

My character returned so all good. 😀

Doomshine

These last few days have had obnoxiously long load times whenever it has to hit up their servers. 20+ seconds every time, it takes forever to do stuff at the shop.

Grinchy

Banned
These last few days have had obnoxiously long load times whenever it has to hit up their servers. 20+ seconds every time, it takes forever to do stuff at the shop.

This is the reason I haven't played in forever. I was having that happen and then each floor takes forever to load and I just had to give up. I keep checking in to see if the game has improved before coming back to it.

FINALLY did quest 150 aka skill limit 03, it seems there's a hidden enemy on the floor Kinutamin.
When you get to the centre area that has 2 pools of water there are 2 sides rooms in the area with the stairs.
There's an scratch tuner in the upper room, what you may not know since there's a hole in the floor to the lower room is that ANOTHER scratch tuber spawns when you run around the lower room as if failing from the above room. So there are 2 tubers there.
I thought the one that fell down was the one from the room above but it wasn't.

Doomshine

Heh, I managed to get outside of the regular play area and ended up falling off the world completely. Thankfully they seemed to have something in place for that, I was moved to the waiting room after falling for a little while. I was worried I would die.

Alastor3

Hi guys! So I played this game for 2 weeks at the start in december and remember I had a great time up until lvl 12-13 where my character died and it took so much money to resurect, mainwhile my base got attack and got robbed and it just kept happening. I stopped playing because it was more of a grinding since I have to lvlup a few fighting just to protect my base instead of just got one super strong fighter.

Should I go back for it?

Doomshine

Hi guys! So I played this game for 2 weeks at the start in december and remember I had a great time up until lvl 12-13 where my character died and it took so much money to resurect, mainwhile my base got attack and got robbed and it just kept happening. I stopped playing because it was more of a grinding since I have to lvlup a few fighting just to protect my base instead of just got one super strong fighter.

Should I go back for it?

I wouldn't bother too much with the base defences, it's really hard to successfully defend it. Just try to leave as little money and splithium as possible on you when you quit the game and you shouldn't get raided a lot. Don't take money or splithium out of the reward box unless you need it either.

Personally I only focused on one character and had mostly collectors in my freezer for extra storage space.

Grinchy

Banned

Should I go back for it?

If you thought it was bad at such a low level, I do not recommend going back. It gets worse and worse as you go up. Imagine dying and owing 150K+ coins to get your character back.

I finally redownloaded the game. Apparently they overhauled the raid system? A lot more wars are happening now. (Not in California either)

Endo Punk

Any tips for floor 23 boss? Getting my ass kicked here and I barely do any damage with my lvl 72 character and rank 2 gear, wtf

Doomshine

Any tips for floor 23 boss? Getting my ass kicked here and I barely do any damage with my lvl 72 character and rank 2 gear, wtf

Not much to do other than upgrade and level up as much as you can or cheese him with mushrooms. It's a big spike in difficulty.

The 1.07 patch is 7,535 GB which is huge. What does it add?

They've all been huge haven't they? I think it's just how the game has to be updated. Usually I'm excited for updates, but for this game I know it basically means I almost can't play that day.

This is what the news page currently says:

– UI adjustments
– Various issue fixes
– Server adjustments
– New event implementation

Doomshine

Welp, that's 116k kill coins down the drain because I couldn't get out of a trap room :/

I heard about this happening to people but I hoped they would've figured it out by now.

I'm sorry Uncle Death, but I have to quit...

It's such a shame that floor 20+ becomes so unbalanced and unforgiving. It's not like the game is too hard, it's how poorly it handles the difficulty in the upper floors.

Everytime I die I either have to grind up some money and fully equip my second fighter just to get my first one back or pay up an insane amount of money that tooks literally hours to grind.
It almost feels like I am greatly punished for not spending death metals.

Not just that, enemies/bosses' health and damage becomes so unbalanced it's just ridiculous, I have fairly good weapons and armors but those things cost so much in total that I have to grind for 30 minutes every time I die just to fully equip my back up fighter. If I didn't do that I will get one shoted very easily and that means now I lost two fighters.
It's just not a git gud kind of game anymore once you hit floor 21 and beyond...

It really is a big missed opportunity, this game had such incredible universe, characters and gameplay design. I haven't seen a game with this much charm since forever, the fact that it had 100 in-game J-Rock tracks is just amazing to me.
This game really gives you a sense of scale, as if you are actually palying in a living universe instead of just a video game. It does so much with so little.

I love this game.
I love this game.
I love this game.
I really love this game.
But I just can't stand the grinding and cheap kills anymore.
Right now, my main fighter is fully equipped and ready to go, but I just can't bring myself back to 29F.
I have to stop.
I have to stop playing before I start hating this game, which I really don't want to because I love so much about everything in this universe.

This game is still my personal favorite of 2016, the experience I had with the first 20 floors is just incredible.

Goodbye Uncle Death, you are fucking amazing, but this senpai just can't play anymore.

exmJVbO.png

Farewell my love.

Endo Punk

Finally unlocked rank 4 last week. Floor 23 was giving me a lot of trouble, to the point I thought the game was getting unfair. I watched YouTube guides and then came back prepared with a rank 2 and +4 iron as well as mushrooms to decrease the bosses defence, destroyed him in no time. Then getting to floor 25 was super tricky as you receive massive damage from haters and there are so many of them grouped together, luckily I had stocked up on cloak mushrooms and with the treasure hunter decal I ran all the way to the escalator. So good! Upgraded my character to level 93 with 5 gold beasts, not a single real life penny spent. I love this game, so generous compared to other f2p games.

Endo Punk

Yea noticed the loading times improve too, no longer have to wait a minute everytime I give material to upgrade a gear. Finally can use Spotify with the game too.

Melchiah

I logged in the first time in three weeks, and was positively surprised by being granted four Death Metals, and a plenty of Kill Coins. The downside was that my base was invaded by three Canadians, whose ranking was about three times above mine. What's the point of TDM, when it matches you with overpowered players, against whom my five 25-level defenders didn't stand a chance?

Sande

I logged in the first time in three weeks, and was positively surprised by being granted four Death Metals, and a plenty of Kill Coins. The downside was that my base was invaded by three Canadians, whose ranking was about three times above mine. What's the point of TDM, when it matches you with overpowered players, against whom my five 25-level defenders didn't stand a chance?
I think that means your countries/states have been in a fight. That's when there are no level limits afaik.

Melchiah

I think that means your countries/states have been in a fight. That's when there are no level limits afaik.

Oh, I didn't know the level limits are gone then. Seems odd anyway to me.

I guess it was a fight between countries another time as well, when I invaded someone whose defender was really tough, and killed me in mere seconds.

EDIT: It must have been a walk in the park for one of those Canadians, since (s)he managed to beat my five defenders within the time limit, and capture one of them from the waiting room.

Afrikan

Is Sony just Now advertising this? just seen a weird/funny commercial for it.

Maybe I'm late seeing this commercial, but that was funny.

Doomshine

Oh, I didn't know the level limits are gone then. Seems odd anyway to me.

I guess it was a fight between countries another time as well, when I invaded someone whose defender was really tough, and killed me in mere seconds.

EDIT: It must have been a walk in the park for one of those Canadians, since (s)he managed to beat my five defenders within the time limit, and capture one of them from the waiting room.

The AI is just too predictable, you need to have the cheapest possible combination of decals/equipment and get lucky to successfully defend in my opinion.

Melchiah

The AI is just too predictable, you need to have the cheapest possible combination of decals/equipment and get lucky to successfully defend in my opinion.

I think the AI opponent might have done a special attack on me, since it drained most of my health with a single blow. Dunno, if the AI actually does things like rage attack though.

I think someone mentioned here, that the DIY decal and gear on a defender class are a good option, which is now a possibility for me since I finally found the last missing piece for the full attire.

derFeef

I need to come back to this, so many good games and I have not touched it in a while...
I also probably have forgotten everything and how to play it/ how the loop is.

Grinchy

Banned
I need to come back to this, so many good games and I have not touched it in a while...
I also probably have forgotten everything and how to play it/ how the loop is.

I booted it up one day and just noped out of it because it felt so foreign to me. I didn't feel like immediately dying an inevitable death.

derFeef

I booted it up one day and just noped out of it because it felt so foreign to me. I didn't feel like immediately dying an inevitable death.

Did the same then haha. I got all that sweet stuff in my inbox and uhmm, what's all this? How do I? Can I? Okay back to Bloodborne.

Finnroth

They did patch new content though, didn't they? Was it only stuff to existing floors or are there new ones? Kinda want to get back into this :D

My team gets into a fight - I select someone to raid - the game crashes - I restart the game and my fighter has lost everything and I'm out of the fight.

Great...

Capra

So I finished this game back in January and hadn't touched it again until yesterday, just to check it out for a few. I could already tell there were some QoL fixes (better icons, faster load times, etc.) but can someone give me a list of things that were added or modified in the past few patches?

Also, do we expect the new set of floors to drop anytime soon?

Edit: Looks like new floors and 6* fighters are coming within the next several months.

aTaZNGq.jpg

sensi97

New interview with the producer at 4gamer about coming updates (target date this summer 2017)

I used google translate so I may have missed some important things but here what I got from it:

* new grade 6 fighters for 500,000 kc (5 size bag slot only)
* new upgrade for existing weapon (when ? I see April in the interview)
* we'll be able to disconnect in the upper floor (> 41)
* they are thinking about adding decals to counter overpowered mushrooms (TDM defense)
* more TDM adjustment coming (rank)

Top Bottom