• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League Endgame Gameplay Loop Details Revealed; Year 1 Package Info Coming Soon

havoc00

• Design Philosophy
    • The end game is about mastery. Mastery of the game mechanics, traversal, environment, mission rules, and, most importantly, build. These will all come together for an increasingly difficult challenge where you’re going to have to ramp up your gear, get more powerful gear, and find new synergy and new combinations to defeat the ever-increasing challenge.
    • Builds in this game are designed to change fundamentally how you play the game.
    • Builds are made to be ridiculously overpowered.
  • 100s of builds are available as the game develops.
  • End Game missions are called “Incursion Missions.”
    • You will be transported into a different universe/Earth.
    • The stream showed off all the different Earths during the teleportation animation.
    • Players will have to complete different objectives in these alternative universes.
    • Different versions of heroes are referenced on these different versions of Earth.
  • Difficulty keeps going up in the end game. These are known as Mastery Tiers.
  • Different mastery tiers have a range of effects.
    • Enemies do more damage and have more health. The obvious ones.
    • Increased weather effects. Some enemies have an electrical debuff that prevents traversal abilities. This can be an effect applied to weather, and higher tiers will see lighting constantly striking down with this debuff.
  • Mutators – Described as a mechanic that can, on the fly, change the abilities of enemies.
    • Enemies exploding on death and healing when they deal damage were just a few to name.
    • Mutations can stack as the difficulty ramps up.
    • 6 will be at the start of the season and will change as the season progresses.
  • Some Info on the End Game Loop
    • Gathering a resource called Promethium throughout Metroloplis, which is used to shield a ship to enter Brainic’s dimension.
    • These are rewarded by doing patrol missions, killing certain enemies, care packages, etc.
    • Once you have enough, you can buy into the Incursion missions and be transported into another universe.
  • Season 0 will be themed on Bane
    • Infamy Gear is all-themed on the season’s character.
    • There are different tiers for Infamy Gear.
    • These gear have unique perks and set bonuses.
    • More pieces of a specific set make it stronger.
    • Dev made a comment that there is no shortage of characters that they can be inspired by for gear and such.
  • Seasons can be picked from; even if that season is over, you can go back to it.
  • There are different maps for the Incursion mission, and during the stream, they showed a few.
  • Boss fights and a mission type called “Mayhem” were mentioned.

Arachnid

Lmao @ having access to Batman (and DC in general) as a property and making a shitty live service Suicide Squad game with endless end game loop. Could have made a Flash game. Would have loved the original Batman Beyond concept game they threw out. :/

At least we've still got Monoliths Wonder Woman game on the way.

bender

What time is it?
It's weird that a Batman game is coming out (yes I know), and I have zero interest in it.

This is a deep deep discount buy, for me.

giphy.gif

acm2000

Lmao @ having access to Batman (and DC in general) as a property and making a shitty live service Suicide Squad game with endless end game loop. Could have made a Flash game. Would have loved the original Batman Beyond concept game they threw out. :/

At least we've still got Monoliths Wonder Woman game on the way.
yeah cause wonder woman is such an interesting superhero

Arachnid

yeah cause wonder woman is such an interesting superhero
I mean, she's one of the big three man. You can not like her, but that doesn't make not big or interesting.

Plus, it's Monolith and they're using the Nemesis system. That alone is reason enough for hype.

Last edited:

intbal

I think it’s good they make such a bad gaas game. The game will probably bomb so hard, that many more developers will understand that it is in the fewest cases a success and never try to develop a gaas game.
They'll just follow the Hollywood model.
Blame the fans.
Then upper management will tell them they didn't ESG hard enough.

Kuranghi

• Design Philosophy
    • The end game is about mastery. Mastery of the game mechanics, traversal, environment, mission rules, and, most importantly, build. These will all come together for an increasingly difficult challenge where you’re going to have to ramp up your gear, get more powerful gear, and find new synergy and new combinations to defeat the ever-increasing challenge.
    • Builds in this game are designed to change fundamentally how you play the game.
    • Builds are made to be ridiculously overpowered.
  • 100s of builds are available as the game develops.
  • End Game missions are called “Incursion Missions.”
    • The stream showed off all the different Earths during the teleportation animation.
    • Players will have to complete different objectives in these alternative universes.
    • Different versions of heroes are referenced on these different versions of Earth.
  • Difficulty keeps going up in the end game. These are known as Mastery Tiers.
  • Different mastery tiers have a range of effects.
    • Enemies do more damage and have more health. The obvious ones.
    • Increased weather effects. Some enemies have an electrical debuff that prevents traversal abilities. This can be an effect applied to weather, and higher tiers will see lighting constantly striking down with this debuff.
  • Mutators – Described as a mechanic that can, on the fly, change the abilities of enemies.
    • Enemies exploding on death and healing when they deal damage were just a few to name.
    • Mutations can stack as the difficulty ramps up.
    • 6 will be at the start of the season and will change as the season progresses.
  • Some Info on the End Game Loop
    • Gathering a resource called Promethium throughout Metroloplis, which is used to shield a ship to enter Brainic’s dimension.
    • These are rewarded by doing patrol missions, killing certain enemies, care packages, etc.
    • Once you have enough, you can buy into the Incursion missions and be transported into another universe.
  • Season 0 will be themed on Bane
    • Infamy Gear is all-themed on the season’s character.
    • There are different tiers for Infamy Gear.
    • These gear have unique perks and set bonuses.
    • More pieces of a specific set make it stronger.
    • Dev made a comment that there is no shortage of characters that they can be inspired by for gear and such.
  • Seasons can be picked from; even if that season is over, you can go back to it.
  • There are different maps for the Incursion mission, and during the stream, they showed a few.
  • Boss fights and a mission type called “Mayhem” were mentioned.

How can all builds be "ridiculously overpowered", that makes no sense.

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt because Batman Arkham Knight is in my Top 10 of all time... but I think I hate this game.

"moms" not "Mom's" and " bender bender and Chuck Berry Chuck Berry " not "jeebus".

Who cares about the syntax I wanna see you both kissing!

Last edited:
They'll just follow the Hollywood model.
Blame the fans.
Then upper management will tell them they didn't ESG hard enough.
I mean I feel sorry for the developers. I am sure they wanted to make a traditional game like the Batman series, but Warner Bros stepped in and forced them to make a gaas service, since they thought they can make a money printing game for years.

But at the end it will be the developers who will loose their job, if the game bombs.

Luipadre

I probably gonna play it for the story and as a single player game with bots. I have no interest in the "endgame" which looks just as boring as every other looter shooter on the market. It will probably get a year of content before they pull the plug, but hey, atleast its gonna be free and hopefully some story cutscenes too

Luipadre

Hopefully they got the feedback about the horrible UI. I know you can turn most of the shit off, but that shouldnt be the fix for the bad UI design. Not expecting fixes at launch but soon after. Altho i already see some minor HUD changes in the endgame stream

Shut0wen

As much as it looks like shit ill give them credit for putting effort into endgame, most games like these end up being patched months after everyones completed it lmao

Luipadre

They can do some cool stuff with post launch content because of how the endgame and this multiverse shit works. As much as i hate multiverse in movies and games, this could work for a game like this

Salz01

End Game missions are called “Incursion Missions.”
Will the player be transported to a good game and where Poison Ivy isn’t some dumb ass kid….

FeralEcho

End Game missions are called “Incursion Missions.”
Will the player be transported to a good game and where Poison Ivy isn’t some dumb ass kid….
It'll probably be different colours for characters...something like in this universe Poison Ivy is blue instead of red haired and has icy plants(basically a pallete swap which is all the rage for gaas).How thrilling....

Seasons,gaas,battlepasses and all this stupid garbage are the cancer of gaming.

Top Bottom