• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Skrams

Raiding someone else's base and going in with an Assault Rifle is pretty great. I'm not sure if they were low level or not, but being able to punish attacks immediately by just unloading bullets into each guy? Beautiful. All dead within seconds. Dat Goretastic kill too.

CzSKVlDXUAAC4gf.jpg
When does the metal from robots actually become needed? That stuff is cramming up my item box and because half of the quests give it out I have way too much of the stuff.
Yeah, I got 140 slots currently and that shit is just filling the fuck out of my storage box. I've not had to use it practically at all for any upgrades or building. I'm starting to build a lot of stuff I don't need like upgrading road shocker helmets because I have 10+ Waste Oil, so it's a better way to clear out inventory and get something accomplished.
Good to hear. Since the entire world is set within this giant tower, do you get an actual feeling in terms of area design that you are going up a massive structure or do the levels feel disconnected?
Since you're going up an escalator inbetween floors it still feels a bit disconnected I'd say. I enjoy that each floor has a different layout that is pretty unique to it at least. I wouldn't say it feels like a "ramped" climb so far with you traversing up stairs/slopes on your own. Just through the means of loading escalators between floors.
Basic things I really want in this game.

Sort by Item name

ANY kind of stacking for materials. The metal from robots is "rare" but I have so much of it I'm just selling it. I don't even know what it's used for. My item box has 100 slots and 75 percent of that is materials lol

Edit: Is there a way to buy ammo for guns you've crafted? Or do you just sell them when they run out.
-Yeah, I'd really like if I could just have all my materials in order by the actual material in my box. They probably don't mean for stacking since you can upgrade your storage box a ton, but yeah, some kind of stacking would make it a lot easier to deal with.
-Nah, just gotta sell them when they run out and rebuy another gun.
Anz tips on which class I should choose at Grade 2? I REALLY want to take the "Collector" because of his 33 Death Bag size, but he has half the Strength of the Striker for example...how much do these stats really mean? Is there a generally agreed upon "best" class?
I'm using a fully upgraded Lvl 2 Collector and not having too much difficulty in 11-20F. If you really want to be a packrat like me then go for it.
Once you get the decal that converts poison into heals you basically have an infinite amount of healing.
You can pick up the poison snails and take them with you - need heals? throw them on the ground and wait for the poison. After that, you just pick them back up. So good.
Yeah, really hoping each new mushroom stew I get is that decal, but no luck yet. I need another bronze skill mushroom to trade for the regular version too.
Are the blueprints you get set per floor? I'm only getting the same ones over and over again. Only on level 3 though.
Each 10 floors seems to have unique blueprints to it. You won't find a blueprint for a butterfly knife on 1-10F most likely as I've seen. You'll find ones for the common weapons/armor. Once you get to 11F they throw a whole new group of blueprints at you to start getting for more weapons/armor.
I just started. Art style is incredible. Gameplay hit mechanics are a little wonky but the systems are all deep and solid.

Question. I got killed by a sniper after the training level and got sent to a hub like environment through...a game within game? I got confused in that area. What should I be doing here? Whats going on? Lol, uncle death is a pretty cool cat.
That was the tutorial. You die in that cutscene no matter what. The waiting room is the hub with all your hub shit. If you want to get immediately back to playing, just go up the escalator. There's plenty of tutorial notes floating around to describe the functions of the hub.

Got the sticker that gives you +20% defense when you have all War Ensemble items on from a Mushroom Stew. And since that's all I really use. That's just perfect.

Anyone know how to do the fatal judgment move with knife? It says press O when enemy is down, but I get nothing. I've been trying to get it after landing rage haymakers. I even tried to mash O during the knife stomp attack.

Lork

Is there really no way to see an overall map of the tower other than in the loading screens? I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the broken quests and it really doesn't help when I can't really get a sense of where some of the quests that might actually work want me to go until I'm already in the middle of a run.

Is there really no way to see an overall map of the tower other than in the loading screens? I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the broken quests and it really doesn't help when I can't really get a sense of where some of the quests that might actually work want me to go until I'm already in the middle of a run.

Press down on D-Pad, then use right analog to move the map around.

Anyone know how to do the fatal judgment move with knife? It says press O when enemy is down, but I get nothing. I've been trying to get it after landing rage haymakers. I even tried to mash O during the knife stomp attack.
The tooltip is wrong, press x instead. It replaces your stomp with a knife stab. Works on beasts too, so be careful if you are trying to stomp a scorpion to pick it up, you'll kill it outright instead.

Hamster0

I just went up the escalator, when realized I forgot something, and went back down, but instead of going back into the waiting room, It went to some slow-mo fight with a npc?
Does anyone know what that is?

I did get a notification that my base was raided, perhaps because I was being attacked, so it went to something else instead?

Skrams

Tried to raid and got connection issues, so I returned to the title screen. It then crashed. Oh boy.
Someone found a way to cheese the jackals, check it out: https://www.twitch.tv/cyberassassin24 (It looks like it's going to take quite a while but they're about halfway there.)

Also, is there any place where people are collecting information about the game like a google doc or something?
Wishing them the best with how fucking long that will take.
I think they might of lied and meant X? I know pressing X with the butterfly knife out on frogs stabs them, but I forget if it's the same for regular enemies as a stomp replacement.

I just went up the escalator, when realized I forgot something, and went back down, but instead of going back into the waiting room, It went to some slow-mo fight with a npc?
Does anyone know what that is?

I did get a notification that my base was raided, perhaps because I was being attacked, so it went to something else instead?
Yep, it does that when someone is raiding your base, to give the raid time to finish up.

The tooltip is wrong, press x instead. It replaces your stomp with a knife stab. Works on beasts too, so be careful if you are trying to stomp a scorpion to pick it up, you'll kill it outright instead.

Ok, so I guess I have been doing it all this time without knowing. It also is slower than the stomp which makes it harder to stun a pillbug from what I've experience.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Tried out this game after hearing about it in the bombcast. Very awesome! Dunno how long this will last but it's very intriguing so far.

Nothing, you just go back to the floor you missed later to try and find it.

Stamps are floor specific, you can't fill the card until you collect them all, one from each floor.

I'm sorry, wording I used could be confusing/ interpreted 2 different ways. I meant what if you fail a kiosk? Will you get a new stamp card when its filled out? Basically I failed one of the kiosks because I just thought naturally a red circle meant push the circle button not the x so I can't get a reward or whatever you get for a card with all 10 stamps.

I'm sorry, wording I used could be confusing/ interpreted 2 different ways. I meant what if you fail a kiosk? Will you get a new stamp card when its filled out? Basically I failed one of the kiosks because I just thought naturally a red circle meant push the circle button not the x so I can't get a reward or whatever you get for a card with all 10 stamps.
Oh, I don't know what happens in that case. Hasn't happened to me yet. Maybe the kiosk respawns and you can try again?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
scared of the maintenance notice, so I went back to the waiting room and logged. Gonna spend a little time just typing up the newbie tips I've been working on.

but yeah this is dynamite. Haven't even gotten past the first floor but I got to level 7, fist mastery 4, bunch o' coins, grilled some frogs and shrooms, made a little love, got down tonight.

I dunno if anyone knows, but is there actually maintenance occurring and if so for how long?
Damn maintenance out of nowhere. My character got killed. Too far from an elevator.
I must disagree that it was out of nowhere. I got no fewer than 5 pop up warnings about it over the last 20 minutes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so what you're saying is I should take my char to ikegara at every maintenance?
To the waiting room- I think Ikegara is actually the name of Floor 1?
New pass for everyone then?
I think all that means is that real time still passes on your express pass. This maintenance only seems to be lasting 25 more mins so I doubt that, would be cool though
This game..its hooks..they are in me. Deep.
You know how every once in a while you play something that seems like someone put a probe nanobot into your brain and designed it specifically for you....

http://puu.sh/sKlDw/6c6f6def3a.png/IMG]

New pass for everyone then?[/QUOTE]
I think you're misinterpreting that. It's just saying that the timer isn't going to stop during maintenance.

I'm still in the Arcade checking out all the tunes now that I have the time to do so. Really loving a lot of these artist tracks. Can't believe Yamaoka produced all of them for this game. Dude is a legend.

squidyj

I think all that means is that real time still passes on your express pass. This maintenance only seems to be lasting 25 more mins so I doubt that, would be cool though

oh do we get the death metals whether we die or not?

What's a Solo Shelter? o_o

What's you get far enough there is a shop that opens up next to your storage. You can buy items like a teleporter for 120k that takes you back to the waiting room, some healing items, and the solo shelter. The solo shelter is a sleeping bag basically, where you can use it when no enemies around so you can basically log off in the tower without killing your character. Basically if you need to go do something irl in the middle of the run, you use it and pick up where you left off later.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's you get far enough there is a shop that opens up next to your storage. You can buy items like a teleporter for 120k that takes you back to the waiting room, some healing items, and the solo shelter. The solo shelter is a sleeping bag basically, where you can use it when no enemies around so you can basically log off in the tower without killing your character. Basically if you need to go do something irl in the middle of the run, you use it and pick up where you left off later.
Fancy. Is that sleeping bag unlimited use when you get it?

You know how every once in a while you play something that seems like someone put a probe nanobot into your brain and designed it specifically for you....

I think you're misinterpreting that. It's just saying that the timer isn't going to stop during maintenance.

I'm still in the Arcade checking out all the tunes now that I have the time to do so. Really loving a lot of these artist tracks. Can't believe Yamaoka produced all of them for this game. Dude is a legend.

Damn. It sucks because every reset since they don't have a store up they've been given free one day express passes. The problem is if you have one active at the time, they don't. so I have to wait as mine overlapped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn. It sucks because every reset since they don't have a store up they've been given free one day express passes. The problem is if you have one active at the time, they don't. so I have to wait as mine overlapped.

Hmmm..

Are you sure you're not just reading coincidentally into this?
PSX-Login-Bonus.png

Day 1. Death Metals x4
One way to spend Death Metals can be to continue! Use these to keep death at bay just a little longer.

Day 2. 1 Day Express Pass x1
Being an Express Pass holder has its perks. Use this baby to try out that gorgeous Royal Elevator.

Day 3. Decal: Tank
Lacking confidence in your ability to take hits? Stick this decal on and you’ll take those blows with ease as your HP gets a boost.

Day 4. Death Metals x4
Too much stuff to carry and store? Use some Death Metals to expand your Storage Locker!

Day 5. 2 Day Express Pass x1
You want more login bonuses? You’ll get a few extra while you’re an Express Pass Holder!

Day 6. Decal: Dumbbell
Do you even lift bro? Stick this decal on and your answer will be “yes” as your attack power gets a nice bump when your muscles grow muscles.

Day 7. Death Metals x4
Tired of waiting for your weapons and armor to be crafted? Slip old man Suzuki one of these to speed up the process!

Day 8. 1 Day Express Pass x1
Launched a raid on someone you shouldn’t have? If you’re an Express Pass holder, you can hightail it back home ASAP without having to wait for your returning train to be available!

Day 9. Decal: Emerald
If you prefer to NOT wear pants and run around in your underwear, stick this on to kick your defense up real good to compensate for the lack of armor.

Day 10. Premium Decal: Drill Sgt.
Got any military-type equipment? This is the decal for you! Stick this special durable one on to give them a boost!

DmAc2k6

I guess I'm gonna have to pay attention to when maintenances are scheduled from now on. I beat Coen on the first try and barely muscled through the following level. Got to the elevator with 51 health left only to be hit by the maintenance notice.. :(

naib

Unfortunate timing. Finally got everyone to sleep.

But y'all seem unsurprised. Looks like window is under an hour or am I drunk and/or misreading?

Top Bottom