• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about "creepshots"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idde

Reading through this thread had me wondering about something, so I've got a genuine question, which I don't think was answered. This is NOT about victim blaming, so I hope it doesn't come across as such.

I work at a gym which has quite a lot of female members, and most of them wear pretty tight outfits. And I just see a lot of guys staring, going up to talk to them etc., which kind of makes me shake my head. Most women are, rightfully so, annoyed by it. They probably just want to work out. The question is, and it's REALLY just a question.

Are there women on GAF who wear tight outfits to the gym, and if you don't want that sort of attention, then why do you dress like that? Of course you should be able to dress any way you want and not have to deal with it. But exactly what is the point in dressing that way? Is it about comfort? (can't imagine tight fitting clothes being comfortable when you're doing squats...)

Edit: I hope this has enough disclaimers to not make me look like a jerk.

Reading through this thread had me wondering about something, so I've got a genuine question, which I don't think was answered. This is NOT about victim blaming, so I hope it doesn't come across as such.

I work at a gym which has quite a lot of female members, and most of them wear pretty tight outfits. And I just see a lot of guys staring, going up to talk to them etc., which kind of makes me shake my head. Most women are, rightfully so, annoyed by it. They probably just want to work out. The question is, and it's REALLY just a question.

Are there women on GAF who wear tight outfits to the gym, and if you don't want that sort of attention, then why do you dress like that? Of course you should be able to dress any way you want and not have to deal with it. But exactly what is the point in dressing that way? Is it about comfort? (can't imagine tight fitting clothes being comfortable when your doing squats...)

It IS about comfort. Incredibly baggy sweat pants can get caught on stuff while your working out. You get super hot in some stuff. Even when I am at home on the treadmill totally alone, I won't run in jeans and a t-shirt.

Are there women on GAF who wear tight outfits to the gym, and if you don't want that sort of attention, then why do you dress like that? Of course you should be able to dress any way you want and not have to deal with it. But exactly what is the point in dressing that way? Is it about comfort? (can't imagine tight fitting clothes being comfortable when your doing squats...)

Because they like the way they look? ....and tight fitting clothes are comfortable and practical.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
F41M7.gif

Come my children.

Satch

Banned

Are there women on GAF who wear tight outfits to the gym, and if you don't want that sort of attention, then why do you dress like that? Of course you should be able to dress any way you want and not have to deal with it. But exactly what is the point in dressing that way? Is it about comfort? (can't imagine tight fitting clothes being comfortable when you're doing squats...)

why do women have to qualify why they wear tight clothes when performing athletic activities

have you ever heard of Under Armour

do handegg players not wear tight pants

Satch

Banned
That wonder woman needs to wear pants. Am I right?

i demand that her legs remain bare until they come up with an actual costume redesign for her that's actually good and not just pants added to her regular bustier

it's not even hard dogg

G-Fex

i demand that her legs remain bare until they come up with an actual costume redesign for her that's actually good and not just pants added to her regular bustier

it's not even hard dogg

I like Classic Wonder Woman, it's who she is, it's her. I mean there was that redesign with pants and that was nice and all but I'd like to see Wonder Woman, it's her look to have shorts/trunks and bare legs and boots.

I don't even like power girls new look. :\ It kinda makes her unrecognizable.

TheContact

It does kinda suck for girls to go to a public gym because even when I go to the gym with my GF, and she wears tight pants / clothes just because they're the most comfortable to work out in, sometimes when we're at opposite ends of the gym I'll see guys going over to try to talk to her and hit on her. When I'm with her I'll see guys just staring at her ass and smile like they don't give a shit. I just think gyms and bars are the two public places where most guys hit on girls. But then again there are gyms that are meant for mostly women, yet some guys still go there...those are the true creepers

G-Fex

It does kinda suck for girls to go to a public gym because even when I go to the gym with my GF, and she wears tight pants / clothes just because they're the most comfortable to work out in, sometimes when we're at opposite ends of the gym I'll see guys going over to try to talk to her and hit on her. When I'm with her I'll see guys just staring at her ass and smile like they don't give a shit. I just think gyms and bars are the two public places where most guys hit on girls. But then again there are gyms that are meant for mostly women, yet some guys still go there...those are the true creepers

try winking at the guys staring at your GF

Ovid

What. The. Hell!!!!

This thread is unlocked!?

EDIT: Oh, Evilore is a comedian now...and loco en de la cabeza.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It doesn't seem like it should be legal but maybe check with a lawyer. Also just because people are hitting the gym doesn't mean they are dressing for anything but utility.

Anyone worried about privacy should probably delete their Facebook.

Idde

why do women have to qualify why they wear tight clothes when performing athletic activities

have you ever heard of Under Armour

do handegg players not wear tight pants

No, I have never heard of Under Armour. Nor was I, as a silly Dutchman, completely familiar with tight hand egg garment.

I'm just perplexed by it. For me squatting in tight fitting workout-wear equals a fairly awkward rip at the bottom of my squat (which also drew a lot of attention...). But I can accept the fact that designers put more thought into tight fitting women sportswear then into borrowed, non-fitting sweat pants.

Red

I feel like a creep whenever there's a girl at my gym. Every wall is a mirror. There's nowhere I can look where I won't be looking at them. Plus the bikes and treadmills are right in front of the free weights.

G-Fex

I feel like a creep whenever there's a girl at my gym. Every wall is a mirror. There's nowhere I can look where I won't be looking at them. Plus the bikes and treadmills are right in front of the free weights.

Hmm

I guess Gyms are pretty much rigged like Grocery Stores

dejay

Banned
I don't think there's anything wrong with looking (glancing) at a hot girl at the gym , just don't stare or act like a dirty perv.

No, I have never heard of Under Armour. Nor was I, as a silly Dutchman, completely familiar with tight hand egg garment.

I'm just perplexed by it. For me squatting in tight fitting workout-wear equals a fairly awkward rip at the bottom of my squat (which also drew a lot of attention...). But I can accept the fact that designers put more thought into tight fitting women sportswear then into borrowed, non-fitting sweat pants.

If you're doing any sort of stretches tight stuff also ensures that it won't flop around and reveal skin.

Zoe

It IS about comfort. Incredibly baggy sweat pants can get caught on stuff while your working out. You get super hot in some stuff. Even when I am at home on the treadmill totally alone, I won't run in jeans and a t-shirt.

Yeah, I can't even stand yoga pants when I'm working out. I feel uncomfortable in anything other than shorts and tank tops.

Luckily I don't worry about getting stared at since I'm overweight :lol

I'm closing this thread

I'm stickying this thread

And in exactly 12 hours I am going to run through with a fucking lawnmower on some accounts

Pray to whatever deities you prefer

05d.jpg

Anyway, back to the topic.

Yeah, I'm still for legislation targeting creepshots hosted on websites.

Define a "creepshot" as a picture in which a primary or secondary sexual characteristic (defined as female breasts, female buttock, female crotch, male buttock, and male crotch) is in the center of the picture (center defined as the 15% of the total picture, centered in the middle of the vertical and horizontal plane of the picture). A picture is not a "creepshot" if the subject of the photo has consented to the "creepshot"-picture.

Enforce this through a fine if the picture isn't taken down within 24 hours upon a request by the authorities, and through a larger fine if the site has repeatedly hosted (hereby defined as 3 qualifying pictures) "creepshot"-pictures. To prove that a picture is legal and not a "creepshot", the hoster of the picture needs to supply proof of consent upon a take-down request.

What would the practical effects of this law be?

It'd be okay to do the following...
  • Take a picture of a stranger
  • Take a picture of a non-stranger
  • Take a picture of a stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.
  • Take a picture of a non-stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.
  • Upload a picture of a stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.
  • Upload a picture of a non-stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.

Instead of targeting individual citizens, and thus opening up a big can of right-infringing worms, responsibility would fall on corporations. They are responsible to ensure that an uploaded picture is not a creepshot, and to request ensure that proof of consent exist if it is one.

Idde

This as well. When I'm resting I always look around the gym, to see what other people are doing. Checking form (male as well!), looking for inspiration for exercises, whatever. And if I look at a woman I just have to remember it might not be too comfortable for her. (though subconsciously it's still pretty tempting to do, because well, being a guy and all)

And this probably also results in few women working with free weights, because of all the testosteron filled machos. Which is too bad. It's already a bitch to get women to lift weights, in stead of wasting hours on the elliptical.

Devolution said:
If you're doing any sort of stretches tight stuff also ensures that it won't flop around and reveal skin.

So pretty much screwed either way.

ReBurn

Gold Member

Define a "creepshot" as a picture in which a primary or secondary sexual characteristic (defined as female breasts, female buttock, female crotch, male buttock, and male crotch) is in the center of the picture (center defined as the 15% of the total picture, centered in the middle of the vertical and horizontal plane of the picture). A picture is not a "creepshot" if the subject of the photo has consented to the "creepshot"-picture.

Enforce this through a fine if the picture isn't taken down within 24 hours upon a request by the authorities, and through a larger fine if the site has repeatedly hosted (hereby defined as 3 qualifying pictures) "creepshot"-pictures. To prove that a picture is legal and not a "creepshot", the hoster of the picture needs to supply proof of consent upon a take-down request.

People could still post pictures of their significant others

It sounds like you've given this a lot of thought. Maybe too much thought. What if your significant other doesn't know that you're posting creepshots of them?

It sounds like you've given this a lot of thought. Maybe too much thought. What if your significant other doesn't know that you're posting creepshots of them?

Updated my post.

As for your question:

At worst - nothing would happen, just like today.
At best - someone would report the site/authorities would stumble upon the picture, and her picture would be removed (unlike today).

Spy

Does anyone have a link to that reddit post where the guy would follow girls to their house on his bike? It would be fitting for this thread.

It's tight fitting but it's also good for workout. It's possible to be both.

I don't think there's anything wrong with looking (glancing) at a hot girl at the gym , just don't stare or act like a dirty perv.
That's always been my MO, and what I expect from everyone else.

Satch

Banned

well its made so it will stretch and not rip

It'd be okay to do the following...
  • Take a picture of a stranger
  • Take a picture of a non-stranger
  • Take a picture of a stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.
  • Take a picture of a non-stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.
  • Upload a picture of a stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.
  • Upload a picture of a non-stranger's primary/secondary sexual characteristics.

Instead of targeting individual citizens, and thus opening up a big can of right-infringing worms, responsibility would fall on corporations. They are responsible to ensure that an uploaded picture is not a creepshot, and to request ensure that proof of consent exist if it is one.

Yep, that is correct.

You ruined my law :(

I guess it'd still remove creepshots in which the butt and whatnot is still in the center of the picture, and that's better than nothing. And if someone is really going through such an effort to masturbate to pictures of misc. objects, with the interesting bits pushed to the periphery, then I kinda almost will have to applaud them for their effort to be creepers.

Uncle

The gym I go to is kind of a mess since the space wasn't designed for it. Because of this, pretty much the only space where you can do stretches is in front of the exercise bikes. Everytime I use them I get really interested in the ceiling, which is thankfully mirror free.

Tex117

Banned
I just don't understand how it is that men can have such a warped sense of what is appropriate.

Don't be a creeper...HOW EFFING HARD IS THAT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom