• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Aren't furry and anthro the same thing
Yeah, it's the same thing I guess. But furry nerds debate how it only applies to characters that actually have fur. An Argonian for example is what people on furry boards and the FurryGAFfers would call "Scalies". Anthro is short for anthropomorphic, meaning, any creature that is humanized which is why a lot of people prefer that term now since it is more inclusive. Basically any feral creature or alien in reality or fiction that is made to look more human could be called "anthro".

Touchdown

Banned
Guys buy yours today. This is gonna sell like hotcakes...

e823d284bc.jpg

didn't know were are almost at OT9.

Your Top 5

Code:
Vazra	        1,202
Pamplemousse	910
Seath	        873
Mostmanlyman	637
RatskyWatsky	582

your bottom 5

Code:
CornBurrito	578
kirbyfan407	566
Crayons	        564
Dead Prince	553
Elitist1945	463

I think I might have a problem with my sex drive, but I don't think I have sex enough frequently to really bother getting it assessed by a doctor. But I basically just haven't been able to get sexually excited, or at least not any more than a tiny amount.

Crayons

Banned
So I got told today that I have the gay accent and the stoner accent and I sound like a gay stoner. I literally can't stop hearing it now omg

Who's playing Civ VI?
Not me but I really want to :( I love CIV. How is it?

didn't know were are almost at OT9.

Your Top 5

Code:
Vazra	        1,202
Pamplemousse	910
Seath	        873
Mostmanlyman	637
RatskyWatsky	582

your bottom 5

Code:
CornBurrito	578
kirbyfan407	566
Crayons	        564
Dead Prince	553
Elitist1945	463
Yasss I made it

Palmer27

Currently chatting to a ftm guy. He was very upfront about being trans, which is cool with me. Seems like a genuinely awesome person.

Whilst I'm fine with dating a trans guy, I don't necessarily know whether I'll be attracted to him in person IF part of me perceives him as female. Should I like disclose this? Maybe I should treat this as a case of attraction rather than gender - worst case scenario if I'm not attracted I could still have an awesome friend.
Should I say any of this or wait and see?

Currently chatting to a ftm guy. He was very upfront about being trans, which is cool with me. Seems like a genuinely awesome person.

Whilst I'm fine with dating a trans guy, I don't necessarily know whether I'll be attracted to him in person IF part of me perceives him as female. Should I like disclose this? Maybe I should treat this as a case of attraction rather than gender - worst case scenario if I'm not attracted I could still have an awesome friend.
Should I say any of this or wait and see?

Wait and see. Is it really any different from any other date where you're not sure if you're going to be into the other person or not?

Thing I don't like: a person telling me something negative about someone else when the other person is possibly in earshot. Don't implicate me in this.

I read about Yuri on Ice in this thread and recently another person recommended it. I watched the first episode of Yuri on Ice. It was very good! It is an ice skating anime and appears to be about hero worship and maybe crushing on a hero.

Nero397

Yeah, it's the same thing I guess. But furry nerds debate how it only applies to characters that actually have fur. An Argonian for example is what people on furry boards and the FurryGAFfers would call "Scalies". Anthro is short for anthropomorphic, meaning, any creature that is humanized which is why a lot of people prefer that term now since it is more inclusive. Basically any feral creature or alien in reality or fiction that is made to look more human could be called "anthro".

Yeah, I'm aware of scalies and all that. I just can't imagine people being selective about anthropomorphism.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Opinion on Doc Martens?

Which ones are you considering? Between the bf and myself, we have several pairs, all sorts of different styles. They're decently well-made and comfortable, give a modest height boost (I don't think this is a selling point for a tall person like yourself, but it is for us!) and much like, say, Converse they'll never be "out." Don't pay full price on 'em, there's always a deal to be found.

I read about Yuri on Ice in this thread and recently another person recommended it. I watched the first episode of Yuri on Ice. It was very good! It is an ice skating anime and appears to be about hero worship and maybe crushing on a hero.

Yuri on Ice is alright, but I don't get the Gay fan base it seems to be developing. It is almost 100% certainly teasing homosexuality as a means of catering to a female audience. None of the characters are actually going to be gay.

Yuri on Ice is alright, but I don't get the Gay fan base it seems to be developing. It is almost 100% certainly teasing homosexuality as a means of catering to a female audience. None of the characters are actually going to be gay.
That is disappointing. What I had heard was that it was more than just Free in that respect.

Golnei

Business as usual, then?

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise, when equally fervent fanbases spring up for material with less potential for wilful misinterpretation. Especially given the medium, maybe most fans just accept the fact that none of the characters are canonically gay because of how well the rest of the material is suited to reinterpretation.

RM8

Recently I made a Korean friend at school who is giving me serious flashbacks of my formerly "confusing" Korean friend (who ended up being my bestie here in Japan, so it's all okay). But this time I know better! What seems super gay and flirty to you (and your non-Korean friends) doesn't really mean anything gay or flirty to them, lol.

Kater

Banned
Yeah, I'm aware of scalies and all that. I just can't imagine people being selective about anthropomorphism.

I mean, I prefer buff canine or feline anthros like werewolves (like Farkas and Vilkas in Skyrim, the sexy hunk twins) or Khajiit (not the pre-ES5 tomato head ones though, ew) to the rest myself so I can totally understand it. Different things appeal to different people.

Recently I made a Korean friend at school who is giving me serious flashbacks of my formerly "confusing" Korean friend (who ended up being my bestie here in Japan, so it's all okay). But this time I know better! What seems super gay and flirty to you (and your non-Korean friends) doesn't really mean anything gay or flirty to them, lol.

have you called talked about bathhouses yet.

---

also someone has to make the next OT. Pample isn't able to do it.

JCX

Anyone have any resources or actually actionable weight loss tips? I'm so disgusted with my gross ass body, have zero willpower, hate exercise, and desperately want to lose 25-30 pounds. I also have some sort of (self diagnosed) body dysmorphic disorder. But hey, at least I'm honest.

I just hate how I look and I hate feeling like I am the ugliest, most disgusting person in the room.

And I swear this isn't some sort of "please compliment me and shower me with sympathy" kind of post. I don't want any of that. I wish I could see a shrink but I have very little "disposable" income and I really don't believe in therapy. :/ I just want to look and feel better.

You may be able to afford a therapist who works on a sliding scale. It's worth calling around to local therapists.

As for weight loss, just track calories, exercise regularly. Simple plan, it's the execution that's tough.

Kevyt

So I got told today that I have the gay accent and the stoner accent and I sound like a gay stoner. I literally can't stop hearing it now omg

Not me but I really want to :( I love CIV. How is it?

Yasss I made it

It's really good. It's very much like Civ V but much more fleshed out in many aspects. I thought I wouldn't like Civ VI at first because of the graphics and art style but it's starting to grow on me.

Sai-kun

Banned
I started working at a Yoga studio one day a week, and today is my first shift where I'm on my own and not with any senior managers! The studio is miiiiiine!

So I checked in, made sure things were tidy, and now I have 3 more hours to go of sitting here, because there aren't any yoga classes until 6PM.

Also I'm not even sure how many people will show, because the first baseball game of the world series happens at 7PM, and the baseball field is 2 blocks away from the studio.

anyways hi friends

I started working at a Yoga studio one day a week, and today is my first shift where I'm on my own and not with any senior managers! The studio is miiiiiine!

So I checked in, made sure things were tidy, and now I have 3 more hours to go of sitting here, because there aren't any yoga classes until 6PM.

Also I'm not even sure how many people will show, because the first baseball game of the world series happens at 7PM, and the baseball field is 2 blocks away from the studio.

anyways hi friends
congrats on the yoga job sis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom