• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P | Review Thread

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Metacritic: 82
OpenCritic: 81

53185601463_576f39a945_c.jpg

Sounds like a big win for a non-FROM soulslike game.

Available September 19th on all platforms. Day One Game Pass for PC/Xbox.

Last edited:

skit_data

Lol, I just posted in the "goes Gold"-thread because I couldn't find a review thread.

Surprised about the lack of hype around this, what I played of the demo felt pretty solid.

zapper

It's early since few reviews have come out, but I expected much less. honestly from the demo and videos I have always classified it as a 7 title, at most. i'm surprised

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It's now a Mighty on OpenCritic.
i fuckin love that super strong mighty icon on opencritic. every time i see it, i imagine an announcer shouting "MIGHTY!!"
unfortunately the game is back down to strong, now. fuckin negative reviews...

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The tl;dr is competent souls-like, very linear level design with a bit of verticality, around 30 hours, very copy-pasted stuff from Dark Souls/Bloodborne which may not sit well with some because it has no identify/originality, mostly easy combat with some challening bosses. It's 60 euros so, not sure, maybe I'll get it cheap off cdkeys or fanatical but I still have Starfield, Shadow Gambit, CP2077 expansion coming soon as well...maybe I'll hold off, dunno.

Looking forward to it regardless of the review scores. I played enough of the demo to know I want to play more even though I haven't finished a Souls-like since Demon Souls...lol

MiguelItUp

Nice! Looking forward to giving this a shot! I love the look and vibe of it all, especially the whole "twisted take on Pinocchio" thing. It just feels so random and out there, lol.

GHG

Solid wait for sale game it looks like.

Good first effort from the studio though, they will have a solid foundation to work on for their next game.

tmlDan

79 MC is what i see.

Thats how i felt when i played it, people said they fixed the dodge but it was horrible

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Off to a decent start.

Will check this out on game pass post-Starfield, see how difficult this one of these is.

Last edited:
Hmmm, was the combat feel reworked since the demo? Main issue I had with it and in a game all about combat encounters that's a deal breaker, one to eventually get on sale I think.

Virex

Banned
Can't wait for my copy to arrive next week. Hopefully sooner like my Starfield. Hope the platinum isn't too grueling

Really solid score for a AA souls knockoff. Seems like this and hopefully Lords of the Fallen will be some much needed entries to expand the field a bit. Sign me up.

FingerBang

I am surprised to see this game score so well. There was something off with the fighting system when I tried the demo, but it was overall enjoyable. I expected to score in the mid 70s.

I'll definitely play it in the future

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I really dig the asthetics of this game. The music/environment sfx also set a really somber tone and the enemy animations really sell the puppets/tin man design choice.

Also...gotta' support all the "multi-channel entertainment properties" Timothée Chalamet is in....they will need it after Wonka implodes. /s
onAvHCc.jpg

Virex

Banned
Seems like a lot of reviewers are saying the game is extremely well optimised as well. Can't fucking cunt fuck shit wait till next fucking week to play this. Hopefully my copy arrives early.

Tg89

Might give it another go but yeah the demo completely missed the mark in terms of the combat feel imo.

I don't get it. The combat and character movement is the heart and, well pun intended maybe, soul of these games. The demo wasn't good at any of it.

I just stuffed my gullet at the All You Can Eat buffet of Souls that is Elden Ring, don't need any of this personally.

PS: I think The Surge is underrated and better than all of the other Souls copies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom