• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P | Review Thread

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Level design and exploration is like alot better in from Software games. The ammount of gear you find makes it unbearable in nioh.

The itemization is fine, especially as at true endgame (talking Abyss) making a perfect build for your chosen playstyle is almost certainly the only way you can survive unless you have truly god-like skills as a player.

I agree that FROM's art direction and level design are superior, but for offering a long-term challenge Team Ninja's approach is the one I prefer. Being honest it feels to me like the NG+ cycles in FROM's games have gotten less interesting over the years, so although their games still have tons of replayability, beyond seeing the different endings -which are typically short and forgettable- I've found myself mostly simply starting over from scratch.

The joy of Nioh/2 for me was having to completely re-think my builds and overall approach in order to get to the end. I completely understand some players not enjoying this, (its bloody hard work!) but it certainly keeps my interest past the point of simply "getting gud!"

I'm still going to get both team's games day#1, but I guess the issue for me is that between them I feel the whole genre is kinda covered to my satisfaction. I've been looking at Lies Of P, and it seems like a very accomplished title, but I can't say anything about it has gotten me particularly interested or excited.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Feels like just another soulslike after watching few streams
It's a good game but:
-Every damn streamer is running around in that fucking donkey mask. The whole game aesthetic is kinda lame
-Clear as day copycat. There even is MANUS character cmon now.
-Enemies hit reactions do not exist. You attack them and nothing happens. Feels like you are just counting down their health bar
-Enemies animate poorly. You have to learn patterns because you almost can't react on the spot because attack comes out of nowhere. No prep.
-I was watching streamer fight this big Eddie Hall boss and he makes almost no sound when stomping and is far too weightless.
-You can hear the music is "almost" there but it ends up sounding like walmart bloodborne.

Last edited:
It's a good game but:
-Every damn streamer is running around in that fucking donkey mask. The whole game aesthetic is kinda lame
-Enemies hit reactions do not exist. You attack them and nothing happens. Feels like you are just counting down their health bar
-Enemies animate poorly. You have to learn patterns because you almost can't react on the spot because attack comes out of nowhere. No prep.
-I was watching streamer fight this big Eddie Hall boss and he makes almost no sound when stomping and is far too weightless.
-You can hear the music is "almost" there but it ends up sounding like walmart bloodborne.
Don't blame the game for people choosing to be jackasses. You have the choice of joining the company of distinguished gentlemen.

0g1I0NL.jpeg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Don't blame the game for people choosing to be jackasses. You have the choice of joining the company of distinguished gentlemen.

0g1I0NL.jpeg
Oh don't get me wrong. I am kinda hyped and I will end up playing the game 100%. Not sure if pc or ps5 yet and I have some other stuff to finish

It's a good game but:
When viewing these issues and adding the context of this being their very first foray into the genre, does this look like a good freshman effort to you?

the salt around this game is insane, geez
I don't view it necessarily as salt. I see this as Souls fans doing the equivalent of comparing a rookie sports player who seems like they have a promising future, to a league champion with multiple trophies and medals under their belt.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Reposting from the OT:

You gotta be guzzling Miyazaki balls throat deep to think this isn’t on par with fromsoftware work so far from what I’ve played.

Like if you hid who the dev/publisher is from the player and had them play this it handles exactly like a FS title through and through. They didn’t miss a single aspect.

-Interconnected world/levels with shortcuts
-Deep atmosphere
-Tight AF combat with all the bells and whistles. Including enemy feedback, hitting walls reactions, and more.
-Fun upgrade systems for customization options
-Difficulty stems from learning patterns
-Fantastic “hidden side quests” with improvements to Souls formula to find the person to turn it into once you complete it .
- Doll like maiden? Check
- Light soundtrack that fleshes out atmosphere

Oh and to boot the game runs at 120+ fps always on 4k max settings dlss quality on a 3080. Game is a looker.

Best impulse buy of the year !

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It runs great on the Steam Deck. Just played the demo parts and it felt fine. I even plugged it into the TV and used a DualSense. Which is weird when I have a PS5 right next to it, but this should be good to play on the go.

ClosBSAS

It's a good game but:
i dunno what streams you waatched, proabably early level ones. game gets hard as fuck, gets awesome as shit, cool armors, amazing weapons and insaine bosses. its not just like another soulslike at all, it does its own shit and does it well. game is phenomenal, am on chapter 8 already and its harder than any souls game up there with elden ring and even harder sometimes.

your love for BB is blinding you, which i understand, BB is GOAT but this is is no slouch either.

Toots

Gold Member

XDDDDD

I'm not the only one who has thought about it xD

Hot take :
P looks like a good looking timothy chalamet
Chalamet is wonka and a lot of things, but he is not good looking. Too chiseled without strength and too strange without charisma.
He's too pointy and weird what can i say ?
If you think chalamet is good looking just come to Paris and spend one day in the subway you'll see thousands of twinks like him.

GymWolf

Hot take :
P looks like a good looking timothy chalamet
Chalamet is wonka and a lot of things, but he is not good looking. Too chiseled without strength and too strange without charisma.
He's too pointy and weird what can i say ?
If you think chalamet is good looking just come to Paris and spend one day in the subway you'll see thousands of twinks like him.
Dude could have a second job in a restaurant as a can opener with that chiseled chin.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
That show was actually a easter egg of teaser for Lies of P....

Look at the guy and Miyazaki.... Coincidence??? I dont think so.

Lokaum D+

WTF is wrong with xbox game store on PC. New patch is still not there to download?
patch isnt available on MS services and consoles yet, it seens that patch need a certification and MS dont give a fuck if players are waiting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom