• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon Gaiden - Overview Trailer Released

Thanks, this is a good option. Keep forgetting about VGP. Already ordered that and FF 1-6 unfortunately.
That's rather unfortunate, but at least you now know VGP is an option as well for some of these Asian imports.
Btw, is the FF Pixel Remaster you've ordered from Play Asia the PS4 or the Switch version?

Last edited:

StereoVsn

That's rather unfortunate, but at least you now know VGP is an option as well for some of these Asian imports.
Btw, is the FF Pixel Remaster you've ordered from Play Asia the PS4 or the Switch version?
Got the Switch one. They only had that one available.

Overall though I have had decent luck with PA over the years. Got to take into account higher level shipping cost, at least for US. I wouldnt try basic shipping.

This is why I usually wait to order enough stuff to make it be worth it.

Got the Switch one. They only had that one available.

Overall though I have had decent luck with PA over the years. Got to take into account higher level shipping cost, at least for US. I wouldnt try basic shipping.

This is why I usually wait to order enough stuff to make it be worth it.
Thanks! I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I do plan on making my first order in October to get that FF Pixel Remaster for Switch since they're the only ones stocking it. I'll keep that in mind about the shipping, especially as I live in the EU and I don't want for the parcel to get lost at the customs or stuff like that.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Thanks! I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I do plan on making my first order in October to get that FF Pixel Remaster for Switch since they're the only ones stocking it. I'll keep that in mind about the shipping, especially as I live in the EU and I don't want for the parcel to get lost at the customs or stuff like that.
Yeah not sure how EU rules would work with import taxes. Also, FYI, they do run out of stock at some point, although I think this one is popular enough and recent enough for it not to happen.

Gambit2483

They often have easy-to-obtain checkout codes to reduce shipping costs, often associated with a YouTubers channel. It's usually only 5% off but any bit helps 👍

Yeah not sure how EU rules would work with import taxes. Also, FYI, they do run out of stock at some point, although I think this one is popular enough and recent enough for it not to happen.
Cheers! I'll have to look into the play asia shipping process for EU countries. Also, I try not to get too much into FOMO for these physical releases... so I'll wait for the FF Pixel Remaster a little while longer, since I first want to get the reprints for the Trails series which will cost me a pretty penny this month lol. Oh and also Atelier Ryza 1 and 2 from VGP... my wallet is done for!

Last edited:

Aenima

The PS4 and PS5 multi-language Asian import is also available through VGP:

Tagging some folks here that might be interested in this news since VGP are a Canadian store and ships super fast in the US and also quite quickly overseas.

StereoVsn StereoVsn adamsapple adamsapple EDMIX EDMIX @drganon @Labadal @ Aenima Aenima

Nice. During the PS3 days i bought some games from VGP. And they stuff dosent take too long to arrive. I dont have used it since that gen so dunno how are they now, guess im gonna find out.

StereoVsn

Cheers! I'll have to look into the play asia shipping process for EU countries. Also, I try not to get too much into FOMO for these physical releases... so I'll wait for the FF Pixel Remaster a little while longer, since I first want to get the reprints for the Trails series which will cost me a pretty penny this month lol. Oh and also Atelier Ryza 1 and 2 from VGP... my wallet is done for!
Wait, what reprints of Trails? And yeah, FOMO sucks. Lol considering the above.

Wait, what reprints of Trails? And yeah, FOMO sucks. Lol considering the above.
VGP did some Switch reprints for a couple of Trails games, but it seems that only Trails from Zero still has stock.

In Europe where I'm from you can still find them albeit in lower and lower supply. Just got today my Switch copy of Trails of Cold Steel IV for €40 and plan on getting the rest on PS4 and Switch.

StereoVsn

VGP did some Switch reprints for a couple of Trails games, but it seems that only Trails from Zero still has stock.

In Europe where I'm from you can still find them albeit in lower and lower supply. Just got today my Switch copy of Trails of Cold Steel IV for €40 and plan on getting the rest on PS4 and Switch.

Dammit, missed to Azure. Was looking for EU print to import but it was still like $60+. Oh well, will overlay for Play Asia version once again.

EDMIX

Bruh, this is some insane shit, apparently they've made Like a Dragon Gaiden in around ~6 months time as per this excerpt from a recent interview:

──This year, you already released the Like a Dragon: Ishin! remake, right?

Yokoyama:

Oh yeah, so we did.

Sakamoto:

It feels like just yesterday.

──And then comes Like a Dragon Gaiden, followed by Like a Dragon 8…the speed of your releases is astonishing. Do you have three separate teams working in parallel? How are you able to realize such quick releases?

Yokoyama:

Actually, it’s just one team for the most part.

── Just one team…?

Yokoyama:

For example, for the Like a Dragon Ishin! remake, we used Unreal Engine, but the programmers using Unreal Engine were the same ones who were also using Dragon Engine for other titles. This is especially the case for programmers, but one of the most unique characteristics of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is that we don’t have one person dedicated entirely to one project.

[...]

Yokoyama:

There isn’t a huge difference Between Like a Dragon Gaiden and Like a Dragon 8. By this I mean that, in a sense, Like a Dragon Gaiden was derived from Like a Dragon 8. We could have just told of Kiryu’s past through a thirty-minute interlude as part of Like a Dragon 8, but we decided it would be a lot more interesting as a game of its own, which is how the project came to be. Though this meant having a whole extra game to make, it still uses the same engine, so we thought “It’s not like we have to make it from scratch,” and decided to go with it. In the end, it took us about half a year to make it.

──Only half a year!?

Yokoyama:

I’m the one who first went, “Let’s make it.” I said, “If you’re going to make an episode about Kiryu’s past, it’s going to be much quicker to make a game about it.” From there on, we first considered making it as DLC, but then decided it was engaging enough for a physical edition. But, for a physical edition, we needed more content, so we decided to add some. This is how things escalated.

More at:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bruh, this is some insane shit, apparently they've made Like a Dragon Gaiden in around ~6 months time as per this excerpt from a recent interview:

More at:

Even though they are working on an existing game, six months is still a ridiculously fast turnaround.

I have to imagine the guy is exaggerating a bit here.

-

Anyway, Man Who Erased comes with an absolutely massive Infinite Wealth demo.

And a lot of cabaret FMV videos.

Top Bottom