• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth |OT| - Aloha, is it me you're looking for?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Why does every OT that I make on GAF curse me with my game delivery?

Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

ssringo

yeah you can save time and do a story focused playthrough without doing much side content like the wacky kart racing minigame or the business empire building minigame
I would argue that a lot of the side content of Yakuza Like a Dragon games are just as good if not better than main story stuff. Stuff like protecting not Michael Jackson from not zombies while filming not Thriller was brilliant and the Cabaret Club management has always been one of my favorite things to do (when included).

Last edited:
I would argue that a lot of the side content of Yakuza Like a Dragon games are just as good if not better than main story stuff. Stuff like protecting not Michael Jackson from not zombies while filming not Thriller was brilliant and the Cabaret Club management is always been one of my favorite things to do (when included).
I wouldn't disagree, I loved turning a senbei shop into a commercial empire, I'm the type that did everything and platinumed Like a Dragon because I loved it so much. But if someone wants to play Infinite Wealth right now and I'm stopping them from doing it because I'm arguing Ichiban's introductory adventure is too amazing to settle for a recap and they really ought to experience that first, I want to be reasonable about it. Perhaps they'll have so much fun playing it they'll slow things down and do all the side content anyways

Reactions: Isa

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I have Yakuza Zero in my Steam Library. Is it worth it? I'm currently installing it.

Extremely worth it. If you're new to the series and really wanna go across all titles that's the best entry point in my opinion.

Last edited:

Isa

I wouldn't disagree, I loved turning a senbei shop into a commercial empire, I'm the type that did everything and platinumed Like a Dragon because I loved it so much. But if someone wants to play Infinite Wealth right now and I'm stopping them from doing it because I'm arguing Ichiban's introductory adventure is too amazing to settle for a recap and they really ought to experience that first, I want to be reasonable about it. Perhaps they'll have so much fun playing it they'll slow things down and do all the side content anyways
Hell yeah! That was among the best "mini games" I've ever played. Just great fun throughout with awesome side content and I got a Waifu out of it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
5 hours in, got to Hawaii about 30 minutes ago in the game. It's legit good. Talk about some scenic views and i just landed and had the first event happen.

Last edited:

Freeman76

5 hours into this, incredibly gripping so far. Ichiban is a rare character in videogames, I actually feel sorry for him at times, very well written and realised. My only gripe so far is the dungeon, I spent hours doing those in the first one and these feel too similar. Same tileset, even the same music. I get they are going for continuinty and its in the same area of town, but a bit of a pallet swap wouldnt hurt. Anyway, still amazing and cant wait to continue.

TwinB242

So the game runs at 60 FPS/1440p on PS5 and they don't give you any other options which is a bummer. Its a turn based game so I wouldn't mind 30FPS if it ran at 4K.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have Yakuza Zero in my Steam Library. Is it worth it? I'm currently installing it.

Amazing game! Enjoy.

I just installed this, fired it up then I remembered I hadn't played the man with no name. 7 hour binge later and I said I'd only mainline it.....I'm now running around doing all the side missions I can for this chick in a red coat....fucking yakuza games... I love you dearly!

amigastar

Amazing game! Enjoy.

I just installed this, fired it up then I remembered I hadn't played the man with no name. 7 hour binge later and I said I'd only mainline it.....I'm now running around doing all the side missions I can for this chick in a red coat....fucking yakuza games... I love you dearly!
Thx, i love Shenmue so i hope i love this one too (assuming they are comparable)

RavageX

My complaints about this might seem odd.

I am used to cool and amazing limited editions and what not. From what I can tell this seems to be pretty barebones unless I missed the boat somehow. No steelbook, nothing.

First we have the non-physical release of Gaiden, and now this.

Might seem petty, but why no cool editions eh? Instead things like new game + being a extra feature? That's silly.

I still picked the game up because a lot of effort seems to be placed in it, but it still feels a bit of a step back.

Now if I am wrong about the extra goodies, please correct me and send me in the right direction.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just finished Chapter 2. Game is bonkers, but in such a good way.

Does this game check to see if you’ve played other LaD games to give you bonus items like they used to do?

Last edited:

DeVeAn

5 hours into this, incredibly gripping so far. Ichiban is a rare character in videogames, I actually feel sorry for him at times, very well written and realised. My only gripe so far is the dungeon, I spent hours doing those in the first one and these feel too similar. Same tileset, even the same music. I get they are going for continuinty and it’s in the same area of town, but a bit of a pallet swap wouldnt hurt. Anyway, still amazing and cant wait to continue.
Yeah dude, that sungeon ugh lol. I spent so much time there in 7 maxing to 99. I feel ya.

Skifi28

So the game runs at 60 FPS/1440p on PS5 and they don't give you any other options which is a bummer. Its a turn based game so I wouldn't mind 30FPS if it ran at 4K.
That's odd, I remember reading some conflicting reports about the previous game too, that there was a 4k30 mode but without an in-game option and the only way to trigger it was setting it on a console-level. Could be nothing and I can't even find the source right now so don't take it for granted.

TheStam

5 hours into this, incredibly gripping so far. Ichiban is a rare character in videogames, I actually feel sorry for him at times, very well written and realised. My only gripe so far is the dungeon, I spent hours doing those in the first one and these feel too similar. Same tileset, even the same music. I get they are going for continuinty and its in the same area of town, but a bit of a pallet swap wouldnt hurt. Anyway, still amazing and cant wait to continue.

Ichiban has become one of my favourite characters in all of gaming. He is so endearingly nice and wacky. A real anti-hero who made me laugh out loud a couple of times already. That dating scene / story was incredibly cringey.

I agree about the environments and music in Yokohama, but I'm early Hawaii now and it felt refreshing.

Loving the game so far.

xrnzaaas

so u cant plat this w/o buying deluxe or ultimate edition what is this....? :D but nice OT anyways Nankatsu Nankatsu =)
What? Platinum isn't locked for base (or physical) version owners, it's just going to take more time since you won't have the endgame dungeon with higher level enemies.

kikii

What? Platinum isn't locked for base (or physical) version owners, it's just going to take more time since you won't have the endgame dungeon with higher level enemies.
uhmmm maybe i missunderstood smt ?

Does difficulty affect trophies?: Main Game: No, there are no difficulty options, Master Vacation DLC: must complete a playthrough on Legend difficulty in New Game+

King Dazzar

If I thought the previous Yakuza: Like a Dragon was tedious and mediocre, would this one change my mind? Sorry, but I did try for many hours to see what everyone was raving about... Also has it got HDR on PS5? Cheers.

Synless

If I thought the previous Yakuza: Like a Dragon was tedious and mediocre, would this one change my mind? Sorry, but I did try for many hours to see what everyone was raving about... Also has it got HDR on PS5? Cheers.
From what I’ve played so far, no. It’s more of the same, just refined.

Comandr

On chapter 5. Been taking my time making friends and doing side quests. Of course I’m taking tons of I’m taking tons of selfies with the boys. 😘✌️

The game is a treasure. Thoroughly enjoying every minute of it so far.

hey im in chapter 3 and I just can't seem to get meal combinations boosters from dining at restaurants to happen. Have I really failed to figure out a combo every time or do meal combos not work until you have a bigger party or something?

TwinB242

That's odd, I remember reading some conflicting reports about the previous game too, that there was a 4k30 mode but without an in-game option and the only way to trigger it was setting it on a console-level. Could be nothing and I can't even find the source right now so don't take it for granted.

I don't think the console settings have an effect. But im pretty sure Gaiden was closer to 4K. I definitely remember the IQ being sharper than Infinite Wealth's.

LordCBH

hey im in chapter 3 and I just can't seem to get meal combinations boosters from dining at restaurants to happen. Have I really failed to figure out a combo every time or do meal combos not work until you have a bigger party or something?

Buy all the food at once to unlock all 3 combos, that way you can see what you need.

Top Bottom