• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Likely BS) Era Leaker 'Hero' Claims FFVIIR is on Switch 2 in PS5 Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Had to create this account because apparently people are posing as me on a Discord. I'll verify with a Reset member seconds after this post. I'm no longer going to leak on Reset, too risky so I'll keep it here as it's more anonymous and it's a shared account with other insiders.

-FF7R looks and runs like a PS5 game on Switch 2 devkit. Port took no time I'm told. Could be a launch game, not sure yet.

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

OuterLimits

The Switch 2 is supposed to have PS4 specs in docked mode and FF7 Rebirth literally looks like the PS4 original. I wouldnt be surprised to see it look identical albeit at much lower resolution.

The Switch 2 not having the shitty Jaguar CPU that is in the PS4 will be fantastic though.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'd have believed if the rumor said it looked like the PS4 quality.

At the end of the end, Switch 2 will be a handheld. It's not going to match the power and performance level of a traditional boxed console. That's just the reality of it.

OuterLimits

I'd have believed if the rumor said it looked like the PS4 quality.

At the end of the end, Switch 2 will be a handheld. It's not going to match the power and performance level of a traditional boxed console. That's just the reality of it.

The vast majority of games this gen have looked like PS4 quality with better FPS.

kiphalfton

I mean there were some god awful textures in FFVII Remake, so I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility, since the sequel looks about on par graphics wise.

Last edited:

Kakax11

Banned
The outline of his leaks on SE is "Sony is still raw dogging SE with their exclusive deals that sells more PS5s than SE software" i do believe that

Mr Hyde

Switch 2 needs to have a clamshell design, like GPD Win mini, or even better, the Nintendo DS. Oh, and Final Fantasy on launch day. Preferably not at 79.99$.

Kilau

I said in one of my many “Sony doomed” posts that once Nintendo had the hardware, the defacto PlayStation exclusives would go away.

The info in the OP is the same as what Angie shared on reee a few hours ago so it's 100% coming from the REAL Im A Hero Too, which was the verified leaker who made multiple correct leaks about Atlus, Sega, and Square Enix in the past... Of course, I'm not saying that ALL of what they leaked is true, but I'm pretty sure it's not all bullshit like many of you in here are claiming without even entertaining a second thought 🙄.

Last edited:

SABRE220

Uh Huh Sure GIF

This is Nitendo we are talking about who purposely downclock any available chipset significantly to nearly half its compute ability, they will prioritize the cheapest possible apu in the spec profile and prioritize battery life via downclocking. Honestly, we would be lucky to get pixel grunt slightly above a ps4 but dlss would have it punch above its weight but a next gen console it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom