• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Likely BS) Era Leaker 'Hero' Claims FFVIIR is on Switch 2 in PS5 Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Since it's a PS4 game in first place, I can see it running

true cat GIF

Kilau

The info in the OP is the same as what Angie shared on reee a few hours ago so it's 100% coming from the REAL Im A Hero Too, which was the verified leaker who made multiple correct leaks about Atlus, Sega, and Square Enix in the past... Of course, I'm not saying that ALL of what they leaked is true, but I'm pretty sure it's not all bullshit like many of you in here are claiming without even entertaining a second thought 🙄.
724469_1306076976530_full.jpg

Killer8

People say "it looks as good as" all the time and it's rarely true. I remember people swearing up and down that Doom 2016 on the Switch was as good as a PS4 version in your pocket and yet it looked liked dogshit in 30fps.

Reactions: Fbh

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Isn't FF7r over 100gig? what's it being stored on?

EDIT: 85gig for base PS5 version.

Last edited:
We already know that FF7R runs fine on the Steam Deck which has 2021 HW in it so why wouldn't a Switch 2 run it just as good when presumably it will have newer hardware than the Deck, and not to mention the added benefit of DLSS? Also, the PS5 version of FF7R is still the same PS4 build just running at higher FPS (or better res if you choose the graphics mode) and with better textures.

So to sum it up, I can see the Switch 2 running FF7R just fine in both portable (let's say still the same 720p resolution as the current Switch) and docked, with the latter mode using DLSS performance (1080p internal resolution) to achieve 4k.

Last edited:

Holammer

Highly doubt the leaker, but everyone expects another "hybrid" Switch 2, Switch Pro or Switch U.
I, for one, would welcome Nintendo's return to the power game with hardware running on an x86 chip, AMD or maybe even Intel? Big publishers like Activision & EA could sell their AAA output on such a console and by cutting backwards compatibility with the Switch they kill emulation (very sad, believe me!).

Woopah

Highly doubt the leaker, but everyone expects another "hybrid" Switch 2, Switch Pro or Switch U.
I, for one, would welcome Nintendo's return to the power game with hardware running on an x86 chip, AMD or maybe even Intel? Big publishers like Activision & EA could sell their AAA output on such a console and by cutting backwards compatibility with the Switch they kill emulation (very sad, believe me!).
It's going to be with Nvidia, so they can use DLSS.

Lokaum D+

likely ? a Switch 2 with ps5 quality and you thing it "likely" ?

the last powefull Nintendo console was GC and that was 22 years ago, damn i m old :(

Anyone who believes this, be prepared to be disappointed, it’s Nintendo, I expect it’s gonna be ps4 power wise at 720p 30fps

A.Romero

I guess a reminder of how different PS4Pro vs PS5 versions are:

At least to me it doesn't look that different, specially if we don't know what "looks like PS5 means". Is it resolution? Is it framerate? Is it RT?

It is not as impressive as it sounds in my opinion.

Also, it looks like this on Steam Deck with some compromises:

RaySoft

Why wouldn't you believe this statement? I certainly would. The soc itself (Orin based on Ampere?) will def. have RT and support newest shader models. When you have that hardware only pushing 1080p, you should easily acheive ps5/Xbox series visuals.

Lokaum D+

It'll be $399. Maybe $349. It will still sell.

Switch 2017 = PS3 (2006)

Switch 2024 = PS4 (2013)
You know that base ps4 dont run 4k games righr ? Even ps4 pro dont run 4k games, FF7R was running at 1620p peak on pro, so, in order to SW2 run FF7R at 4k with DLSS ( ps5 quality ) it ll need at least PS5 hardware.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
The info in the OP is the same as what Angie shared on reee a few hours ago so it's 100% coming from the REAL Im A Hero Too, which was the verified leaker who made multiple correct leaks about Atlus, Sega, and Square Enix in the past... Of course, I'm not saying that ALL of what they leaked is true, but I'm pretty sure it's not all bullshit like many of you in here are claiming without even entertaining a second thought 🙄.

The thread got deleted, so it's true not not?

The thread got deleted, so it's true not not?
Which thread? The link I've added in the post you've quoted is to the resetera thread started by Angie. Not sure about the reddit one, but Angie said she was in contact with this guy and told her all the info so I tend to believe her since she's doesn't make things up (mods on ree also vetted the info I think). As for the contents of the leak itself, always take that with a grain of salt.

On the Im A Hero Too reddit's situation, it seems his account was banned by the site admins (not to be confused with the mods of the gaming leaks subreddit), not sure why though. Will have to wait for Angie to give info on that if she has any.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Not necessarily BS because the PS4 version of FF7R looks very close to the PS5 version and the Switch 2 is more powerful than a PS4. Now if they were to say the Switch 2 runs Alan Wake 2 at PS5 quality then yea no way.

Do we know this for a fact? I would love to believe it but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

BlackTron

Switch 2 should be like a PS4, and PS5 does a lot of crossgen stuff, this guy can either not perceive the difference, or be counting on casuals to smooth over his BS.

Do we know this for a fact? I would love to believe it but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
Yes we do. Nvidia leaked it themselves through a Linux leak. It will use a Tegra Orin based SoC called T239 with Arm Hercules CPU cores and an Ampere GPU. The CPU is actually a bit faster in IPC than the CPU in the PS4 but will run at a way lower clock because it has to run on a battery.

Astral Dog

Do i believe this potential 'Switch 2' can run a game like FFVIIR(on PS4) ?of course,looking like the PS5 version? Lol no

BbMajor7th

I mean, I'd be thrilled to see Ninty release that kind of tech but they're out of the power game these days and they've never been happier.

I think it will be a miracle if the Switch 2, Focus or whatever it’s called even competes with the PS4, so PS5 quality would really be pushing it.

Jinzo Prime

If Nintendo wants UE4 ports on Switch 2, it's going to have to be ps4 power at minimum. I can certainly believe FF7Remake is running great on a Switch 2 after optimizations because it is a linear action-rpg that doesn't have a ton of things on-screen at once.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I believe that FF7R can run on a Switch 2. I do not believe that it would be “PS5 quality”.

zeldaring

Banned
identifying butt hurt fanboys is so easy.

I hope it’s true and we get a melt down like the one we had with FFXIII on Xbox 360
Yea anyone who thinks a Nintendo handheld is gonna be running games near ps5 quality would qualify as that.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
And yet still no achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom