• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition Halo Console + Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller

MikeM

Less than two weeks to go! Still on the fence on whether i'll be keeping this or selling it to a buddy.

Anyone else on GAF score one?

reksveks

I technically have two in my order history from the Microsoft store cause they fack up on the day, hoping they don't cancel both instead of one.

cormack12

Gold Member
I technically have two in my order history from the Microsoft store cause they fack up on the day, hoping they don't cancel both instead of one.
What does yours look like now. I have two in my MS orders but they have only pre authed one order. Wondering if they wont send me two.

poodaddy

I'd love to buy it from you if you get the second and don't want it. I'm trying to get my daughter a christmas gift, and I'd pay a slight premium if you want, I just can't find one of these goddamn things anywhere haha.

reksveks

I'd love to buy it from you if you get the second and don't want it. I'm trying to get my daughter a christmas gift, and I'd pay a slight premium if you want, I just can't find one of these goddamn things anywhere haha.
You in the UK? If so, I will keep you posted on the situation.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I bagged two as wellbecause of the glitch so interested to see what happens. I also secured a controller but I’m Considering cancelling at 179.99 in the uk. I already have an elite 2.

Helghan

At first I thought, good looking console but I already have a XSX so don't need another one. Now I'm sad I didn't just buy it... Turned on some trackers, fingers crossed that there is some extra stock.

Vernier_Cascade

Neo Member
I think this would be my second post here but well. I currently have a second pre-order from the Poland Microsoft Store that one of my friends is not able to afford. As I hate scalpers, if someone UK based is interested please feel free to send me a message.

ZehDon

Gold Member
My Halo Elite Series 2 controller just shipped! Should arrive right on the 15th.

If the (wild ass) rumours are try and
they're dropping Halo Infinite multiplayer for the Anniversary Event
then it'll be getting a good workout!

Last edited:

sainraja

It reminds me of the good ol' days when we got those sweet limited edition Halo 360 consoles,

41g7XHnnCIL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Xbox360_Limited_Edition_Halo_Reach_Bundle-copy.jpg

7aa68366-7b22-4c8a-9d4f-7b10d26c3a83_1.1c81f660963e8a0b3b91a463772b098a.jpeg
I really liked the Halo edition version of Xbox One.
1uExzUX.jpg

That controller is pure fire
Had 3 elite 2 controllers all had some problems and returned all 3 but I'm willing to take 1 last chance with this

Holy shit, the Microsoftstore is soooooooooo bad

They can't cancel a physical preorder I don't want, but will cancel a preorder I want, where they already blocked the payment made with my Microsoft rewards currency.
No I will get a refund and that shit is going to expire in 90 days and I'll loose 150€

Also whenever I try to contact the support, they always have the wrong person and redirect me to another person that can't help me either.
How can a big online shop in 2021 be that bad and have such a shitty CRM system?

RAIDEN1

I really liked the Halo edition version of Xbox One.
1uExzUX.jpg
I still have mine to THIS day. (will sell it eventually though..)..this is my go-to for all things Xbox...(aside from 360 exclusives...) and it is what I am using for Horizon 5...as I am eager to the Xbox Series X a.s.a.p ...I am not too bothered about this Halo limited edition "skin"...

Thebonehead

Banned
MY Series X Ltd edition turned up today.

Sadly the controller got cancelled for some reason

Need to pack up my OG day 1 Series X and head down to Cex to make 1p profit. They buy boxed Series x for £480

Last edited:

Deanington

I hope with the anniversary today, MS and other retailers drop more of the consoles. I dont think Amazon or Best Buy even dropped yet?

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Nice, was there a line/a lot of people at your store, and how many consoles did they have?

There was a bit of a line. I got there at 7:55 AM, and they opened the doors just for this at 8:00 AM. I was the 69th (heh-heh) person in line. It looked like they had somewhere between 85-100 consoles available at my location. When I got to the front of the line I saw the last person take a ticket (they printed out tickets to hand out, and when they ran out of tickets they were sold out), and then I saw some people get turned away. They looked so dejected. I was pretty ticked though because the person who got the last ticket said, "My husband came through and got one earlier. Is it okay if I get one too?" This lady was definitely not a gamer, and I know this because when I came out with my console she and her husband (they were in their mid-50s) were talking about how much they thought they would be able to make off of them. The people I saw get turned away were teenagers, and they needed/wanted those consoles far more. I felt some rage there.

You walked in and got one without a preorder?

You couldn't pre-order these with the Best Buy release. This was an in-store only event.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
MY Series X Ltd edition turned up today.

Sadly the controller got cancelled for some reason

Need to pack up my OG day 1 Series X and head down to Cex to make 1p profit. They buy boxed Series x for £480

I did this yesterday, and my two Series X Halo editions arrived today. No controller as I cancelled...kinda regret it but for £180 quid and already owning an elite V2 It just felt wrong keeping it.

Can't wait to get home to set one of them up.

Tried to grab one from the last GAME drop but no luck. I’d love one of these and then sell my standard one for £400 to my brother in law.

Deanington

There was a bit of a line. I got there at 7:55 AM, and they opened the doors just for this at 8:00 AM. I was the 69th (heh-heh) person in line. It looked like they had somewhere between 85-100 consoles available at my location. When I got to the front of the line I saw the last person take a ticket (they printed out tickets to hand out, and when they ran out of tickets they were sold out), and then I saw some people get turned away. They looked so dejected. I was pretty ticked though because the person who got the last ticket said, "My husband came through and got one earlier. Is it okay if I get one too?" This lady was definitely not a gamer, and I know this because when I came out with my console she and her husband (they were in their mid-50s) were talking about how much they thought they would be able to make off of them. The people I saw get turned away were teenagers, and they needed/wanted those consoles far more. I felt some rage there.

Pretty cool that you got there close to opening and got one. I just found out this morning ( 7:30 ish ) that BB was doing in store, didnt think I had a chance though considering time and drive. Sucks for the people in line that didnt get one too.

Top Bottom