• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition RX 7900 XTX Starfield Edition Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
RX7900XT-STARFIELD-1800x935.jpg

uring QuakeCon 2023, AMD and Bethesda have joined forces to introduce a special edition of the Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics card.

AMD holds an exclusive partnership for the upcoming space RPG, Starfield’s launch. The company has already declared its commitment to optimizing their GPUs and CPUs from the game’s release day. To further enhance the experience, enthusiasts of AMD can now potentially enhance their preparation by acquiring a distinct version of the Radeon RX 7900 XTX GPU.

Regrettably, this particular GPU will not be accessible through regular retail channels. The sole method of acquiring a unit is by winning a designated giveaway. AMD has stipulated the production of only 500 units of these exclusive cards, all of which will be distributed as prizes. Moreover, a special variant of the Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU is also being introduced with an elaborate black and white packaging, although no alterations to the CPU itself are anticipated.

Radeon RX 7900 XTX Starfield Edition, Source: AMD

The Starfield Edition CPU and GPUs will be given away exclusively during QuakeCon. So if you are interested in winning one of these cards, follow AMD and Bethesda accounts for more information.

From the first new universe from Bethesda in over 25 years, our custom Radeon RX 7900 XTX evokes the wonder of Starfield. With just 500 being produced, they’re bound to be the most desired collectables in the cosmos.

Lone Wolf

The CPU is just a special box? Kind of stupid. I guess they did that for the givaway. Not like you can really do any custom work to the cpu and see it.

Dude bro. I think it's delayed to 2024. This is fake photoshop.

On topic - never liked AMD cards. As overpriced Nvidia is, they have always been superior imo. I just feel like this is a marketing thing and nothing else. I wanna see them benchmarks on a 4090.

winjer

Gold Member
Then tell Nvidia to stop making such algorithms patented licensed tech to sue others over infringing. When AMD can use DLSS algorithms freely in the way Nvidia can use FSR then the issue will resolve itself.

Until then consumers have a vested interest in FSR overtaking DLSS in preferred visuals and popularity.

And let's also remember that Baldur's gate only has DLSS2. No FSR2 or XeSS1.2 support.
So anyone with an AMD GPU, Intel GPU or Nvidia GTX GPU, can't use an upscaler.
When nvidia blocks the competition, it's just ok. It's only bad when AMD does it.

londontko

Then tell Nvidia to stop making such algorithms patented licensed tech to sue others over infringing. When AMD can use DLSS algorithms freely in the way Nvidia can use FSR then the issue will resolve itself.

Until then consumers have a vested interest in FSR overtaking DLSS in preferred visuals and popularity.
What kind of commie nonsense is this?

londontko

And let's also remember that Baldur's gate only has DLSS2. No FSR2 or XeSS1.2 support.
So anyone with an AMD GPU, Intel GPU or Nvidia GTX GPU, can't use an upscaler.
When nvidia blocks the competition, it's just ok. It's only bad when AMD does it.
Isn’t that on the developer for either not implementing it or signing an exclusive contract?

winjer

Gold Member
Isn’t that on the developer for either not implementing it or signing an exclusive contract?

Don't be silly. As we have talked so many times, implementing any of these temporal upscalers, especially after implement the first one, is very easy and fast.
The only reason for not implementing XeSS, FSR2 and DLSS2 is exclusivity deals.
The devs have half the blame for accepting to block competing upscalers, but NVidia, AMD and Intel also have the blame for proposing such things.
In the end, it's the consumer that is harmed, as they get a worse product and fewer options.
And in this case, it's quite obvious that FSR2 and XeSS was blocked on Baldur's Gate, one of the biggest games of the year.

Also remember that DLSS is the only upscaler that is locked to one specific manufacturer. And to a set of generation of products.
FSR2, XeSS, TSR, TAAU are all open to be used by all GPUs. Including NVidia's GTX and RTX cards.

Last edited:

poodaddy

How does one enter the contest? I know all 500 are for contest and can't be bought, but hell I might as well enter it.

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
A month to implement a feature that takes a couple of hours to do....
Any word on XeSS? I have been using 1.2 on Remnant 2 and it looks very good.

No, they only referenced FSR 2 due to Steam Deck.

lNxNeKX.png

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

A month to implement a feature that takes a couple of hours to do....
Any word on XeSS? I have been using 1.2 on Remnant 2 and it looks very good.
Who told you it takes couple of hours ?

Hell even if it's a toggle they need to switch on it's more than couple of hours

testing and QA alone takes couple of weeks if not more just to make sure the implementation doesn't break some visual glitches in the game.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
No, they only referenced FSR 2 due to Steam Deck.

lNxNeKX.png

That is very unfortunate. XeSS 1.2 is currently the best upscaler for anyone without an RTX GPU.

winjer

Gold Member
Who told you if takes couple of hours ?

Hell even if it's a toggle they need to switch on it's more than couple of hours

testing and QA alone takes couple of weeks if not more just to make sure the implementation doesn't break some visual glitches in the game.

Several devs have said it. And there has been already extensive talk about it in several threads.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Email sent..

DaGwaphics

LOL at a special edition CPU box. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The GPU looks nice though, a distinctive model like that might fetch you a little more when it is time to upgrade.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Tell AMD to be competitive, the last time they seemed to be going for the neck was the 7000 series GHZ edition cards that spanked the shit out of Nvidia and even has mantle, which became vulkan but they didn't push it and it's rarely used now because of it. At least it found a new life giving us options on Linux and making the steam deck possible, which is a plus.

I bought my 4000 series strictly because of the additional features that being gimped by AMD and all they're doing is playing catch up with these "me too!" Features vs making their own unique ones. They immediately announce features that Nvidia have a day later to say they have it too, and because it's a slapjob it never reaches the heights of their competition because they never had an intention of the features, let alone supporting them.

I fully expect fidelity FX to be a shit show

Top Bottom