• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen was made in 4 Years with 400 Developers | Game to has 3 endings & 30 bosses

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher CI Games recently revealed some interesting information about Lords of the Fallen, which will be officially released in two days.. Among the details we even have the development time and how many people worked on it.

According to a post made on social media, (which was removed), Lords of the Fallen was developed over 4 years with around 400 employees in total.

Additionally, the game will introduce players to 13 different classes, four of which are mentioned as "secret", as well as 192 weapons and shields, 76 types of spells and 339 pieces of armor.

It is believed that the original publication was removed because this image reveals the exact number of bosses you will face during your game, and this small detail could be considered a spoiler, which are 30, as well as three unique endings.

097842.jpg

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
90 internal devs out of over 400. Less than 25% of the total is made up of internal people, meaning the majority were probably contractors. No wonder game development is so shit now. It used to be small teams of 100 internal devs. Now it's giant team of 250 internal devs but 500+ contractors.

And this is actually a damn good turnaround.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
4 years? Remote office? They shared it to provide assurance, but it increased my concerns. Also, what's the deal with the secret classes?

Drizzlehell

Banned
90 internal developers but 400+ in total? Sounds like a lot of outsourcing was done on this. Hope they didn't hire the same company that worked on the original version of Cyberpunk for Quality Assurance, lol.

PSYGN

I mean they must be proud of their product enough to flaunt something that would otherwise come off as a little worrying.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
90 internal developers but 400+ in total? Sounds like a lot of outsourcing was done on this. Hope they didn't hire the same company that worked on the original version of Cyberpunk for Quality Assurance, lol.
this is normal. CD project red had 500 internal developers for Cyberpunk and 1500 total developers including contractors.

TLOU2 and most other games are like this. those contractors come very cheap since they are in third world countries. And most of the time they are just creating simple assets and textures instead of any real design work.

GG said that they have their devs focus on game design while their contractors work on menial tasks.

Last edited:
Lies of P was a sleeper.. never know.. but it was also on GamePass which opened up accessibility to many who wouldn't have bought it immediately
And on the same token, drove people like me away from buying because I can just play it on Game Pass. So then you get into the whole thing of if the amount of money Microsoft paid for Lies of P matches or exceeds the lost revenue from individual title sales at $60. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
this is normal. CD project red had 500 internal developers for Cyberpunk and 1500 total developers including contractors.

TLOU2 and most other games are like this. those contractors come very cheap since they are in third world countries. And most of the time they are just creating simple assets and textures instead of any real design work.

GG said that they have their devs focus on game design while their contractors work on menial tasks.
That's the way the industry works now, yeah, but this has often proven problematic. Halo Infinite for instance was said to have been negatively impacted by the revolving door of contractors. I work in IT enterprise so often see people come and go and although it is fine for the most part, I've also seen different departments having difficulties with contract workers.

The main issue being of course that when they leave, their projects are sometimes not transferred or followed properly and you end up with a bunch of things no knows how it was put together.

ZoukGalaxy

These "look at me" numbers reminds me Bethesda with Fallout 76 fiasco which still publish periodically graphic stats and ridiculous numbers that no one cares (like numbers of Nuka Cola drunk by players, medkit used, Queen killed, etc...) to "impress" people (spoiler : it doesn't).

That doesn't feel good, let's hope I'm wrong.

BlakeofT

I don't know anything about this, uhh... series I guess is what you'd call it other than it's a soulslike and they didn't feel the need to name the second game something different. Pretty weird choice to me. Personally, I'm getting burnt out on the soulslike formula, but for the studio's sake I hope they were able to make a great and successful game.

Top Bottom