• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles Korean BBQ Meetup |OT| of AYCE Bulgogi (Feb. 4)

Zyzyxxz

How early do you think I should book? At this point we're pushing mid thirties to forty people including all the guests. If I'm going to book this early then maybe we should switch it to Moo Dae Po II.

Yeah at this point you should probably change the plan to the new place since they will be able to accommodate us.

I think at this point nobody would blame you if you stopped doing the graffiti thing and switched to just a list since it seems troublesome for you as well.

I just called Moo Dae Po II and made a preliminary reservation for 40 people. Sounds like they can take even larger groups. But they only take reservations up to 6pm. So we have that for now if we want it. I'm going to count up the running total and see where we actually stand:

Everyone who's going so far: (* = name is up on the OT banner in graffiti; C = willing to drive a carpool)

Fidelis Hoodie*
doitlive* C (South Bay/Hermosa/Redondo/Gardena/Torrance)
Iceman* C (Pasadena/Eagle Rock)
Nintendoll* + 1
Clydefrog* C (Costa Mesa/OC)
HP_Wuvcraft*
Feep*
clearacell* C (Alhambra)
Ermac*
timetokill*
threenote*
Doomsayer*
Trident*
Zyzyxxz* C (Arcadia/Monterey Park)
cmonmanreally
Shogmaster
Argyle +1
davidpdong
zylfate +1
Phthisis + 1
ivysaur12
Puddles
Jamesfrom818
kidMuScLe
OrangeGrayBlue
staticneuron
BoobPhysics101
Taxman

Maybes:
H. Protagonist
HenryGale
GamePnoy74

That's 34 so far if the maybe's join. Looking good for Moo Dae Po II right now.. but is 6pm okay for everyone, especially those going out of their way?

I'm a definite, Iceman. 6 P.M. is also fine.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
All aboard the hype train! Can't wait.

vKEMw.jpg

40? This is becoming a party of epic proportions.

I may have a way to Los Angeles Proper, at least North Hollywood. I can either take the train in or bribe someone to drive me in.

I'm considering it but I think I have a dentist appointment that day O__O

Your teeth and gums can wait.

Yeah, guys, lets make this extremely uncomfortable for the GAME GURLS before they even get to the eatery.

(I'm all for that)

They were probably all told this is some kind of 'sports club' meet-up with +1's. As soon as they see a couple of guys in Pokemon + My Little Pony shirts with hipster glasses, they're going to know they were tricked.

Now I'm tempted to buy an anime girl pillow just for this occasion.

Janimesfrom818. I'll buy a 'busty' mousepad and bring it.

boob_mouse_pad.jpg

Feep

Banned
Yeah, I think this might exceed the LA GAF party back in 2010.

Every time the east coast attempts to organize a meetup, I watch with amusement as it fails miserably.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Yeah, I think this might exceed the LA GAF party back in 2010.

Every time the east coast attempts to organize a meetup, I watch with amusement as it fails miserably.

Hey man, we had a good 12 people at the NYC meetup.

Puddles

Banned
I should bring a girl to this and not tell her anything about the group, then watch her reaction as the memes, inside jokes and game discussions begin.

I should bring a girl to this and not tell her anything about the group, then watch her reaction as the memes, inside jokes and game discussions begin.

:| Aw. Yeah. We should all do this.

Wait til I say something about how much the Wii sucks and the Nintendo fanboys bring out their baseball bats (with Zelda stickers) and ream me a new one. It'll be like being a Giants fan talking shit on the Dodgers.

zulfate

All aboard the hype train! Can't wait.

vKEMw.jpg

yay! i cant wait, can i fill the fidel castro role since i am cuban?

H.Protagonist said:
Also, I feel like we should wear name tags or something. How else will I know who to point and laugh at the next day on the board for their drunken behavior? ;D

i was thinking the same thing except i was hoping we can wear our avatar as a t-shirt? ofcourse not but the name tag sounds good lol

Iceman

You're assuming everyone's crippling social anxiety doesn't keep them from showing up.

Lol. I AM assuming too much, aren't I?

As for the graffiti names.. now I'm even MORE determined to get them done. I already have a spot picked out for Puddles.

I'll rejigger the OT to reflect the change in venue and time and add a carpooling section.

I like the name tag idea. I was actually thinking of getting hats or tees for everyone but man that's going to get expensive.

And is this really the birthday champagne spraying place? It's like eating in a barn lol! But the food is really good -- the birthday music might drive me nuts. The 6 o'clock start should save us from the worst of it.

UPDATE:
Everyone who's going so far: (* = name is up on the OT banner in graffiti; C = willing to drive a carpool)

Fidelis Hoodie*
doitlive* C (South Bay/Hermosa/Redondo/Gardena/Torrance)
Iceman* C (Pasadena/Eagle Rock)
Nintendoll* + 1
Clydefrog* C (Costa Mesa/OC)
HP_Wuvcraft*
Feep*
clearacell* C (Alhambra)
Ermac*
timetokill*
threenote*
Doomsayer*
Trident*
Zyzyxxz* C (Arcadia/Monterey Park)
cmonmanreally
Shogmaster
Argyle +1
davidpdong
zUlfate +1
Phthisis + 1
ivysaur12
Puddles
Jamesfrom818
kidMuScLe
OrangeGrayBlue
staticneuron
BoobPhysics101 C (Riverside, Chino Hills)
Taxman
H. Protagonist
Booshka
nakedsushi

Maybes:
HenryGale
GamePnoy74
bluemax

38 with the maybes.

Now I'm tempted to buy an anime girl pillow just for this occasion.

They were probably all told this is some kind of 'sports club' meet-up with +1's. As soon as they see a couple of guys in Pokemon + My Little Pony shirts with hipster glasses, they're going to know they were tricked.

Janimesfrom818. I'll buy a 'busty' mousepad and bring it.

boob_mouse_pad.jpg

Body pillow carriers, MLP doll holders, boob mouse pad enthusiasts and Pokemon hat wearers will be relegated to the kids' table.

Holy shit that is a lot of people.

It's getting pretty big, huh? Bluemax has a good point, though. How many will hover in the parking lot, fearful for their anonymity being stripped from them? RP gaf has prepared me for this moment...!
You know I don't give a damn.
Wish you were coming. :(

Cannon fodder?

Yep. Make him sit in the front. Don't forget the strangling rope.

Also, I feel like we should wear name tags or something. How else will I know who to point and laugh at the next day on the board for their drunken behavior? ;D

RP-gaf doesn't need name tags. I think we should have stories prepared to introduce ourselves though. If we do go with name tags, it should have our GAF tags.

Body pillow carriers, MLP doll holders, boob mouse pad enthusiasts and Pokemon hat wearers will be relegated to the kids' table.

Fine. I won't buy one.

It's getting pretty big, huh? Bluemax has a good point, though. How many will hover in the parking lot, fearful for their anonymity being stripped from them? RP gaf has prepared me for this moment...!
You know I don't give a damn.
Wish you were coming. :(

I'd just be in the bathroom the entire time fighting off anxiety attacks anyway
by taking shots of smuggled in tequila

Wait, Count isn't coming?

Well fuck that.
Nephews Birthday party+Clean up duties.

Oops, how did I miss this thread? Count me in as a tentative yes! Zyzyzx, can we carpool? I live one city west of Arcadia =D

I'm kind of scared. Are you guys gonna be all bromancing?

Cannon fodder?

Classy! It's going to be 40+ at this rate. Maybe we can fill the whole restaurant?

RP will make us know who's who, but for those that didn't participate yeah we do need some sort of name tags cause there's no way in hell I'm gonna remember everyones name after the first meeting. Maybe someone can pick up a "hi my name is *real name*" tags from staples or something...

or better yet do a printout of names and put "Hi my name is *real name* but my REAL name is *gaf name*"

I remember back in the day my clanmates in counterstrike used to call out each other using our screennames irl...it felt too much like gang nicknames lol.

Oops, how did I miss this thread? Count me in as a tentative yes! Zyzyzx, can we carpool? I live one city west of Arcadia =D

San Gabriel/Temple City? If no one goes with me can us 3 carpool? I'm in Alhambra that's sorta on the way if you're taking the 10 :)

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I am most likely going to get drunk and be proud of it.

And proceed to tell you how pumped I am about KH3DS.

XD

I remember back in the day my clanmates in counterstrike used to call out each other using around screennames irl...it felt too much like gang nicknames lol.

I've had one or two internet based meet ups in the past and whenever this happens it always feels really, really strange.

We'll all be caught in a bad bromance.

. . I'm so sorry for this joke.

That depends on if thats you in your avatar ;)
jk

If so, half of the guys will probably be silent and sit as far away as possible from you.

Oh and if you're one city west of Arcadia, I might be able to pick you up. I'm in Glendale.

zulfate

if we are doing name tags, i would like to make sure my name doesnt come up as zylfate like iceman has me on the list, lol

San Gabriel/Temple City? If no one goes with me can us 3 carpool? I'm in Alhambra that's sorta on the way if you're taking the 10 :)

Yeah SGV here and I'm definitely taking the 10. Let's carpool if you guys aren't gonna slit my throat and leave me on the side of the road or something.

That depends on if thats you in your avatar ;)

If so, half of the guys will probably be silent and sit as far away as possible from you.

Why yes it is. Oh well, more grilled meats for me!

Well. I was going to wear my Tanooki Mario shirt to the shindig.

Now I'm thinking of going with the horribly offensive 'Womb Service'.

Lol. I AM assuming too much, aren't I?

As for the graffiti names.. now I'm even MORE determined to get them done. I already have a spot picked out for Puddles.

I'll rejigger the OT to reflect the change in venue and time and add a carpooling section.

I like the name tag idea. I was actually thinking of getting hats or tees for everyone but man that's going to get expensive.

And is this really the birthday champagne spraying place? It's like eating in a barn lol! But the food is really good -- the birthday music might drive me nuts. The 6 o'clock start should save us from the worst of it.

Haha. I think most will contain their anxiety by drinking a lot VERY quickly. It could get messy right off the bat. ;)

I really do think we need to wear the name tags. Not just to identify us from other soon-to-be-scared patrons, but because 1) it's funny, and 2) think how hard it'll be actually remembering everyone's real names on top of their user names. Better for memory's sake this way, especially if we're going to be drinking.

And, I checked the pics of it online. I don't think it's the same place after all. Similar names, but this one seems to be indoors at least, and it looks much nicer. Think we're safe from the champagne thing.

Yep. Make him sit in the front. Don't forget the strangling rope.

RP-gaf doesn't need name tags. I think we should have stories prepared to introduce ourselves though. If we do go with name tags, it should have our GAF tags.

Fine. I won't buy one.

You have a point about RP Gaf. :) I really don't want to be identified by my tag, though (I'm localization, dammit!). Haha. And, good bet on the leaving the booby pads out of this.

P.S. Got the rope, duct tape, day-glo sticks and ferrets ready!

I'd just be in the bathroom the entire time fighting off anxiety attacks anyway
by taking shots of smuggled in tequila

Nephews Birthday party+Clean up duties.

You and your tequila. ;P

zulfate

Well. I was going to wear my Tanooki Mario shirt to the shindig.

Now I'm thinking of going with the horribly offensive 'Womb Service'.

hahah already getting weird lol, should i even bring my girlfriend? kidding but on a serious dont even look at my lady!

zulfate

everyone seems friendly so i dont think anyone is going to feel out of place, we are GAF members that must count for something (same hobbies?)

Feep

Banned
I've been to like four GAF meetups; maybe more than any other GAFfer.

It's up to me to break the awkward social tensions!

Believe in me, GAF!

Clydefrog

I don't know what to tell my friends when they ask, "got any plans saturday night?"

i... uh.. i'm going to an internet party in LA.

You will know me when you see me. I am an Arabic-looking Mexican/white guy and I will wear my blue Honda S2000 hat that was signed by the creator of the S2000. <3

Top Bottom