• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

lot of mint/sealed rare ebay stuff

Johnas

:lol I figured it would be him. I have quite a few things from him on my watch list right now. He has a surprising number of games I want up for auction, so I'll definitely save some shipping costs if I win at least a few.

He appears to do like so many people here mention, buying games and never even opening them, or opening them and playing only once or twice.

Johnas

border said:
Who's "him"??

Seems hard to get a good game deal on eBay.

I said "him" because I found him on Ebay a few days ago and added a bunch of his stuff to my watch list. When I saw the thread title I figured that's who it was.

Scott

Ancestor_of_Erdrick said:
He has a surprising number of games I want up for auction, so I'll definitely save some shipping costs if I win at least a few.
So he does combine shipping? I didn't see any mention of him being willing to do so in his auctions, so I asked him... but with less than 3 hours left, I don't know if I'll get a response in time.
border said:
Seems hard to get a good game deal on eBay.
From my experience, Ebay is one of the best places for good game deals, second only to store clearances.

Johnas

Scott said:
So he does combine shipping? I didn't see any mention of him being willing to do so in his auctions, so I asked him... but with less than 3 hours left, I don't know if I'll get a response in time.From my experience, Ebay is one of the best places for good game deals, second only to store clearances.

Hmmm, maybe I'm thinking of another auction. If I win half the auctions I want, I would hope he would do something for me though.

I have had mainly great game-buying experiences on Ebay. There's a burn here and there, but not enough to dissuade me in general. The main thing I look at now (besides feedback) is the seller's English, the ones from foreign sellers (even if they are located in the U.S.) have been consistently troublesome.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Mejilan said:
I already have everything that I would have wanted from his list. :(

How big is your collection anyway?

Johnas

Mejilan said:
I already have everything that I would have wanted from his list. :(

So why the :( then? :)

AAARRRGGGHHHH I just realized he only accepts Paypal. I could have sworn that I checked for that when I put them on my list. I think he changed that between now and then.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This dude would have been an amazing source when I was looking for those old PSOne RPGs. Suiko, Suiko II, Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle LE, Kartia, Hoshigama, Lunars I & II, Arc the Lad Collection, etc. Pity. Perhaps not, some of those prices are already higher than what I wound up paying for complete games.

Uhhh.. decided on Silpheed PS2 (and thus, tracking down Silpheed Sega CD as well), but I wound up getting both via Half.com for better prices than eBay was offering... about $15 shipped for BOTH, complete games... :) Not bad.

Suikoguy said:
How big is your collection anyway?

I guess I'm working at over 950 games or so. I'll link you to my IGN collection, but their database is missing a bunch of games, and doesn't account for if you own multiple copies of games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/mejilan

I think that's the URL...

Mejilan

Ancestor_of_Erdrick said:
So why the :( then? :)

AAARRRGGGHHHH I just realized he only accepts Paypal. I could have sworn that I checked for that when I put them on my list. I think he changed that between now and then.

Cuz I hate browsing an admittedly nice collection that has nothing ot offer me. But, he did finally get me off my ass to research prices for the Silpheed games, so for that, I thank him and the original poster!

Edit - Does anyone know if the Sega CD and PC (Sierra released) versions of Silpheed were the same?

Mejilan

Most of my scores are rather arbitrary. I just can't stand leaving any of 'em blank. However, I actually borrowed that one, and ugh, it was TERRIBLE. I'm not gonna lower my standards simply because the N64 had all of 2 great RPG experiences (Paper Mario and Ogre Battle).

Edit - Oh. I was talking about Quest 64. You mean that travesty of a FF game we got for the SNES? That was somehow worse. We were gonna get FF5 (rebranded as FF Extreme), and THAT'S all we got instead? BLECH.

Argyle

Mejilan said:
Cuz I hate browsing an admittedly nice collection that has nothing ot offer me. But, he did finally get me off my ass to research prices for the Silpheed games, so for that, I thank him and the original poster!

Edit - Does anyone know if the Sega CD and PC (Sierra released) versions of Silpheed were the same?

Nope, you'll have to buy both of them too. :)

Johnas

Mejilan said:
You mean that travesty of a FF game we got for the SNES? That was somehow worse. We were gonna get FF5 (rebranded as FF Extreme), and THAT'S all we got instead? BLECH.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you, it was just so much lower than almost every other score you put up there, I just had to laugh. I remember thinking "ZOMG a new FF!" when it was announced, then actually playing it.

Speaking of Silpheed, is the PS2 game any good?

Mejilan

Hell if I know, my copy hasn't shipped yet! At one point, I was interested in owning just about every domestically released Treasure game... and I do believe Treasure was involved in Silpheed PS2, thus my intention on getting it, at some point. I think it might be the only domestically released Treasure game I was lacking.

Of course, if I got the PS2 game, I'd have to get the classic(s) as well. Actually didn't know there was a PC version until today.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Why do the GameCube Zelda compilations sell for so much? I still have both of mine sealed...

I didn't enjoy Silpheed PS2 at all. I bought it blindly because it was a Treasure game, and I ended up trading it in somewhere.

You gave a 10 to Super Mario Advance 2 (Mario World) and an 8 to Super Mario Advance 4 (SMB 3)??? There is no justice! :p

Nice collection btw. If anyone wants to check mine out it's at:

http://users.ign.com/collection/craig_majaski

I think it's fairly up to date. And I haven't scored a lot of games yet.

Oh, and I should mention that last Fall I hit up the Circuit City $5 deal really hard ($250 worth of games!) so if there's some really odd ones in there that's probably the reason.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Has anybody purchased an unsealed game from him, and how was it? I'm always suspicious of these ebay guys who copy and paste their item descriptions so that every single one says "mint and never played"

Mejilan

SMB3 is archaic and overrated. Occasionally clever, lovely graphics, but... SMW and YI were THE SHIT. My fave 2D Marios ever. IMHO, of course.

Though, for all of the added stuff the GBA port got, I think SMB3 GBA should have a 9. Lemme fix that.

Scott

Well, haven't heard back from him on combining shipping, and I won't be on the PC for the rest of the day, so I'll be passing.

Not that big of a deal, though, as I was just going after some of the cheaper things like Gladius & Command Mission, which I can get anytime for a little bit more. And most of the rare stuff I'd be interested in, I either already have, or it's simply too expensive for me right now (see: Lunar 2). Oh well.

And since everybody's throwing up collection links, I may as well inflate your egos by posting the smallest one in the thread: http://users.ign.com/collection/ga_scott No scores, though, 'cause I'm lazy. :p

atomsk

Party Pooper
i think i need to leave the house till these auctions end so i'm not tempted to spend money i dont really have. the last thing i need is to be short on rent because of this

i have no willpower. damn you atlus!

bjork

Wow, Rhapsody goes for a lot! It must be because of the awesome soundtrack -_-

I'm just glad I got my copy new when it came out...

Madame M

Banned
Why the HELL did Rhapsody sell for that much? I swear, anyone who has the mentality of "PSX + RPG = good" should have their gaming license revoked.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
mdm said:
Why the HELL did Rhapsody sell for that much? I swear, anyone who has the mentality of "PSX + RPG = good" should have their gaming license revoked.

Rhapsody is selling so much because of Nippon Ichi's newfound American fame.

atomsk

Party Pooper
they all ended

check the 'completed listings' and refresh

lunar went for almost 200

and holy shit at persona 2. didnt realize it went for those kind of prices

Gamedude

atomsk said:
they all ended

check the 'completed listings' and refresh

lunar went for almost 200

and holy shit at persona 2. didnt realize it went for those kind of prices
I went to the URL posted, select "completed listings" and I refresh.. I see nothing, wtf am I doing wrong?

Madame M

Banned
Mejilan said:
SMB3 is archaic and overrated. Occasionally clever, lovely graphics, but... SMW and YI were THE SHIT. My fave 2D Marios ever. IMHO, of course.

Though, for all of the added stuff the GBA port got, I think SMB3 GBA should have a 9. Lemme fix that.

You are dumb. Super Mario World has nothing on Super Mario Bros. 3. However, Yoshi's Island is indeed the king of the Marios.

I need to make a crown for Yoshi's Island.

Mejilan

mdm said:
You are dumb. Super Mario World has nothing on Super Mario Bros. 3. However, Yoshi's Island is indeed the king of the Marios.

I need to make a crown for Yoshi's Island.

No, you are dumberer. SMW >>> SMB3. However, YI > *

;p

Mejilan

Aurora said:
Hot damn! Do you still have your real thumbs?

?

What does that even mean?

Edit - Wow, the ONLY copy of the PC version of Silpheed, it had 7 hours to go when I found it with 0 bids, starting bid of $4.99. I put a max bid of $50 on it, went out to watch a movie and rent 2 more, forgot about it, come back now... I won it, at $4.99. Awesome. Complete too, with box, manual, discs, etc... Rock.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Mejilan said:
?

What does that even mean?

Edit - Wow, the ONLY copy of the PC version of Silpheed, it had 7 hours to go when I found it with 0 bids, starting bid of $4.99. I put a max bid of $50 on it, went out to watch a movie and rent 2 more, forgot about it, come back now... I won it, at $4.99. Awesome. Complete too, with box, manual, discs, etc... Rock.

Dude, the game is pretty bad. Don't be so excited :lol

Mejilan

I'm just happy that I found it. Like I said, only 1 listing on eBay, and it was already complete. None at half.com.

Why is it bad? What kind of game is it?

bjork

Tortfeasor said:
How did a new copy of kingdom hearts go for $78?

Was it non-GH? You can't really find that anymore... and the customers at my store have taught me that there are people who are RABID for KH shit.

Top Bottom